Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2008, 14:05   #1
BHPian

Baleno altura-My baby

We bought the car in 2007, 2nd hand from true value, A 2001/2 model with around 50k on the odo.
The car has been a dream. It's a rare breed & frankly i quite love the way it looks. Apart from the family, dog loves it to, the open boot making it very easy for him to interact with us.
Nearing 80k now & i've had to change nothing. True value gave it to us with new tires, brake pads etc & till date it's been fab.
It has taken trips to missorie, almora, muktheswar, and has never let us down. The engine is still as good, as powerful as ever touches 100 with absolute ease.
Now the reason i'm writing this is because the car has been running on cng for the last year & well i've been upset & have been occasionally switching to petrol cause i miss my baby.
Driver has just got TAP installed, he called me & said
"bhaiya, ud rahi hai gadi, kassam se goli ke tara".
I want to thank all of you, team-bhp staff,members everyone for being the best people around. For bringing my sweetheart back to life;anxiously waiting for him to return so that i can try it out myself.
A love you all would be to gay(in both it's meanings) but my most sincere thanks to all you guys. More later, with attached pics.
Old 28th December 2008, 14:14   #2
BHPian

Sorry for the over excited introduction
After tap, car feels good, almost petrol like with speeds upto a 100 coming up easily.
I'm more mellow today so it'll be less biased. After a brake investigation, a change of shoe is required, so i'm told by mass. Any aftermarkets available? something more powerful.
Clutch change to is in the reckoning. I've never had either of the above changed, I presume maruti true value must have done something. Again, any after markets ?
The car seems well built, never produced any rattles. Only problems are ground clearance & the extra tire seems to rattle. MAruti said there isn't anything that can be done. Any jugaad possible
Otherwise the car is a boon to have; a great everyday vehicle. ABS would have been welcome. Cheers. Will attach pictures today.
Old 28th December 2008, 14:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good to see an Altura. One of the best looking wagon available in India. And the best part of the story is that you are a satisfied customer.
Eagerly waiting for pictures.

Regarding the brake and clutch, are you facing issues with the parts installed by Maruti ? I dont think that switching to after markets will give you a very big advantage. But for sure a change can be there.
I would love to see what others recommend as in our Baleno also, in future, we can consider better parts in case of brakes.
IMO, the parts installed by Maruti are good enough, but if it would be interesting to see what changes the aftermarkets can bring.
Old 28th December 2008, 21:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

After seeing this thread, I was on the lookout for one of these babies as I've never really known that the Baleno had a stationwagon cousin. I finally spotted one today while on a long drive and I have to say, it looks brilliant. I thought it was some Beemer SUV at first glance, but it was too small.
Old 29th December 2008, 12:00   #5
BHPian

A picture taken at night. Trying out white headlights. Not worth it. Still looked good. More l8r.
Baleno altura-My baby-dsc00221.jpg
Old 29th December 2008, 13:15   #6
BHPian

A few more pictures, & a reminder of due work.
Alloy wheels
Body work
Due for the month of march, when my 12th class boards end, also not much point getting it done now. Car has atleast 3 trips to make to mukhteshwar. Dad and some of his work.

Pictures not taken in the cleanest of sorroundings but that's where i was at that time.

Roof top view
Baleno altura-My baby-dsc00035.jpg

Rear view
Baleno altura-My baby-dsc00036.jpg

Instrument column
Baleno altura-My baby-dsc00037.jpg

Pioneer 5050ub
Baleno altura-My baby-dsc00038.jpg

75000km
Baleno altura-My baby-dsc00039.jpg

cng & innovative speaker installation, (prevention from my mad dog's attack)
Baleno altura-My baby-dsc00041.jpg

Another view
Baleno altura-My baby-dsc00043.jpg

Front view
Baleno altura-My baby-dsc00044.jpg
Old 29th December 2008, 13:17   #7
BHPian

No trouble with maruti's part, was just looking for something stronger,faster stopping. U always want to push a car this good, specially when it's costing u a rupee per km. Cheers. More l8r
Old 31st December 2008, 13:59   #8
BHPian

Does anyone know a place in south delhi where i get get my bumpers etc touched up. Rather, back to prime condition?
Old 4th January 2009, 18:41   #9
BHPian

I guess south Delhi is too posh to have joints like this. You may have to travel to West or North Delhi to get this done.

OT: How did you manage to get 'Reserved Parking' on the main road?
Old 5th January 2009, 18:29   #10
BHPian

It's not the middle of the road. The road is one of the few dead ends in delhi. It leads to a wall, tuglakabad forest. Hence treated as parking. Reserve makes it funny though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks