Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:33   #106
gpa
Senior - BHPian

As good as new-Photo of the finished work

Am uploading a few photos of the repair work that was carried out on Saturday that were clicked this morning after my driver gave her a quick hose down before I left for work.

@ Gansan: As for the break-up of the costs, it is as follows:
  1. Clip for front bumper - Rs. 14
  2. Bumper - Rs. 1172
  3. Labor - Rs. 200
Cheers,
gpa
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi Ownership Review : 7 years and 70,000 Kms-image150.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi Ownership Review : 7 years and 70,000 Kms-image151.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2009, 21:55   #107
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see your ride back in full form!

Keeping the front grill clean is a challenge for you, seems like you have mastered it!
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:06   #108
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Keeping the front grill clean is a challenge for you, seems like you have mastered it!
Ha ha ha! Thanks, Suresh.
Actually, it is not all that clean in this photo, as it got a mid week hose down with a pressure pipe. It would have looked much cleaner had I clicked the pics after her Sunday bath!
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:14   #109
Team-BHP Support

your missing the small kutty black cap on the wheel.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:41   #110
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
your missing the small kutty black cap on the wheel.
Yes Vidyut, that thing broke on impact. Will have to buy a replacement from the MUL parts wholesaler on JC Road.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:14   #111
Team-BHP Support

Don't bother going to the wholesaler just for that. It costs Rs.14 if i remember correctly at any MASS and they always have a box full.

Last time I went to my MASS to ask for one and asked him how much, he said don't bother I'm not going to prepare a bill for Rs.14, just take the cap and go. lol.

On another note, from the pics you posted and mentioned that the front right apron was bent. Just to be on the safe side I would suggest you get the alignment done. The front stabilizer bar is mounted on that apron close to where your apron was bent. It may not be noticeable but you may land up with uneven tyre wear a few months down the line if something had gone awry.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd July 2009 at 15:19.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:57   #112
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
On another note, from the pics you posted and mentioned that the front right apron was bent. Just to be on the safe side I would suggest you get the alignment done. The front stabilizer bar is mounted on that apron close to where your apron was bent. It may not be noticeable but you may land up with uneven tyre wear a few months down the line if something had gone awry.
Vid,

Thanks for the inputs. Will pick up a cap from MASS. Was thinking of getting the alignment checked as it was hit at a fairly decent clip (65 kmph). But now that you've mentioned it, I will get the alignment checked this weekend.

Thanks,
gpa
Old 24th July 2009, 09:02   #113
Senior - BHPian

gpa:Good that you have responded well with the dog darting & i feel sorry for what had happened to i10,I guess he will be in a huge loss(Many parts front Radiator,bumper etc are all plastic & only 50% insurance will be covered ).

Wont the bumper get repaired,instead of replacing the whole thing?
I had same thing on my bumper,when taken to Mandovi,they suggested to replace the whole bumper,thought of living with it.when visited Suraksha,they did a good job with the same one.Anyways next time check with Suraksha

Though I love pets,I'm very cruel to darting dogs on road,else we are put in danger by showing mercy on them.
The same had happened to me while traveling in swift towards Munnar.A dog had suddenly came into my lane while i was doing 80ish,slowed down but was not showing any mercy as I was ready to take it for granted.Luckily it had escaped by minor hit on the right of the bumper & nothing had happened to it.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:04   #114
Senior - BHPian

I once ran over a dog in Bangalore while returning home from office by my Splendor. I was going towards new BEL road from Bhashyam Circle by the road that passes along the Sankey tank and connects near Sadashiv Nagar police station. There used to be a board on the left just after crossing Sankey tank which read "Whispering Meadows". When I was near that on the extreme left of the road, a cur suddenly darted in to my path from the bushes' barely a couple of feet in front of me. I must have been doing about 55 and just ran it over. Needless to say I fell off and when I managed to get up with the help of a kind auto driver, my trousers were torn at both the knees which were raw and bleeding. I had difficulty bending the knees for months, long after the wounds had healed.

The cur got up and ran away howling, and perhaps died somewhere else.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:08   #115
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I once ran over a dog in Bangalore while returning home from office by my Splendor.
Its sad to hear about your incident Gansan. You are lucky you were not seriously injured. There is a whole thread as I discovered on the street dog menace on this site and some interesting discussions happening there.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:16   #116
Senior - BHPian

Alto was my first showroom car.Seeing any Alto or reading about it,rekindles my memories.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:52   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Alto was my first showroom car.Seeing any Alto or reading about it,rekindles my memories.
It is my first (and only) showroom car too and I just love it! The only other car I have ever owned was a used Dolphin, a decade ago. Seeing a Dolphin or just reading about it makes me nostalgic. Nowadays it is possible to spot the occasional Dolphin only at Bangalore and nowhere else!
Old 23rd August 2009, 20:41   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hey GPA,
nice review on the Alto.Its one of the few reviews i actually have read from start to the end.Glad nobody was hurt with the dog incident that occurred.

But i am quite surprised that the Alto's clutch gave way in such a short time.Weren't the technicians able to pin point as to why such a thing would happen in a new car.Also love the pic of the Alto (post 71).

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 23rd August 2009 at 20:43.
Old 24th August 2009, 10:09   #119
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hey GPA,
nice review on the Alto.Its one of the few reviews i actually have read from start to the end.Glad nobody was hurt with the dog incident that occurred.

But i am quite surprised that the Alto's clutch gave way in such a short time.Weren't the technicians able to pin point as to why such a thing would happen in a new car.Also love the pic of the Alto (post 71).
sumeethaldankar,

Thanks mate!

Oh, the dog incident still sends shivers down my spine.

Well, the reason for the Alto's clutch failure was because of a manufacturing defect.

I've just clocked ~19,000 kms so do stay tuned to this thread for an update at the 20k service which is due in a week/10 days.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 7th September 2009, 20:30   #120
gpa
Senior - BHPian

20,000 kms in <16 months!

Hi guys,

My Alto touched the 20,000 kms on my drive back this evening and will be heading to MASS for its 4'th service this Saturday-Sept 12.

Will be posting an update on the work I plan to get done tomorrow morning and if time permits, I will be heading to JC Road tomorrow evening to pick up a couple of things before the service like engine oil, gear oil and spark plugs.

Watch this space.

Cheers,
gpa
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi Ownership Review : 7 years and 70,000 Kms-image051.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks