Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 19:33   #1471
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, what is the insured value of your elephant....??
It might not be a bad idea to square your losses, or, if you can or take TML to court it wont be a bad idea since your ordeal is 98 pages long anyways.

You deserve a new Safari, having put up with all this torture...!!!
They may have provided all the support but it inst good enough if the problem doesn't go away.
Old 15th December 2009, 00:13   #1472
Team-BHP Support

I would have taken that option if the problem was a show stopper. Since it aint, I am willing to slug it out till around 2-3 months before the warranty gets over.
Next step anyways is engine replacement(only thing thats left to change).
If and when TML do that, I will be happy with that. From what I could gather from my conversations with them, they are running out of things to try, and if nothing works, they will have to call for engine replacement!
Old 15th December 2009, 00:25   #1473
BHPian

Hello Tanveer, have been following your thread for a while now. Its sad to be at the receiving end of such a problem. However the customer care is still trying to ascertain the problem and that must be the only consolation here.

From the way things are happenning, engine replacement may be the only saving grace for TML here and there can be no compensation for the mental agony and loss of your productive hours. Hope things take a turn for better in future and the beast reclaims its gallops without hiccups. Just asking, would you still keep the beast and recommend the same to others.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:17   #1474
Distinguished - BHPian

Funny how the individual customer like Tanveer gets wrung by the neck for becoming a Tata customer in good faith, and how when the customer happens to be the Delhi government, Tata themselves are at the receiving end. Rs.150 crores of payment held up, and a Rs.4 crore penalty for selling duds! Might is right...

Dikshit fines Tata for fires in low-floor buses - dnaindia.com.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:46   #1475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Hello Tanveer, have been following your thread for a while now. Its sad to be at the receiving end of such a problem. However the customer care is still trying to ascertain the problem and that must be the only consolation here.

From the way things are happenning, engine replacement may be the only saving grace for TML here and there can be no compensation for the mental agony and loss of your productive hours. Hope things take a turn for better in future and the beast reclaims its gallops without hiccups. Just asking, would you still keep the beast and recommend the same to others.
If somebody still wants to buy the safari after reading through my thread, I would tell them to go ahead. After all not everybody gets a white elephant.
But then choices in the sub 10L 4x4 arena for a comfortable SUV are limited to just the scorpio and safari.
Considering what m_upreti went through with the mHawk, buying Indian has its disadvantages
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Funny how the individual customer like Tanveer gets wrung by the neck for becoming a Tata customer in good faith, and how when the customer happens to be the Delhi government, Tata themselves are at the receiving end. Rs.150 crores of payment held up, and a Rs.4 crore penalty for selling duds! Might is right...

Dikshit fines Tata for fires in low-floor buses - dnaindia.com.
LOL, you cannot take panga with the govt.
Old 1st January 2010, 05:56   #1476
Senior - BHPian

I can perfectly empathise with tsk for all the unwarrented stress the Safari has caused him.

As for my MHawk, I am back to the A.S.S. on monday with a repeat of some issues and some new ones.
The car is shuddering like a malaria patient on speeds in access of 80 KMPH.
The brake pedal emits a clicking sound whenever pressed
The front suspension is squeaking (one set of bushes already replaced 6 months back due to the same issue)
The USB port of the music system has never worked.
The buttons on the steering wheel have come out on their own and can't seem to fit back.
The gear shift as usual shudders in 3rd gear (more than in other gears), apparantly M&M has got some solution for this now.

And the list goes on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If somebody still wants to buy the safari after reading through my thread, I would tell them to go ahead. After all not everybody gets a white elephant.
But then choices in the sub 10L 4x4 arena for a comfortable SUV are limited to just the scorpio and safari.
Considering what m_upreti went through with the mHawk, buying Indian has its disadvantages
Old 1st January 2010, 09:57   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I can perfectly empathise with tsk for all the unwarrented stress the Safari has caused him.

As for my MHawk, I am back to the A.S.S. on monday with a repeat of some issues and some new ones.
The car is shuddering like a malaria patient on speeds in access of 80 KMPH.
The brake pedal emits a clicking sound whenever pressed
The front suspension is squeaking (one set of bushes already replaced 6 months back due to the same issue)
The USB port of the music system has never worked.
The buttons on the steering wheel have come out on their own and can't seem to fit back.
The gear shift as usual shudders in 3rd gear (more than in other gears), apparantly M&M has got some solution for this now.

And the list goes on.....
the issue marked in BOLD does not have a solution. its an inherent characteristic present in all mHawks. however i have heard that in the new mHawks, mahindra is retro fitting some ring type thing to stop the vibrations & so the new mHawks does not have the vibrations.

as for the rest of the issues, they should have been solved long back but sadly mahindra's A.S.S is just not competent enough.
Old 14th January 2010, 12:36   #1478
Team-BHP Support

An update

Last two days were spent at Automobile sterling for rpm fluctuation on cold start issue.
This time they decided to try the fuel temperature sensor issue. It was recommended by experts from the tata plant at Pune.
According to them if the fuel temperature sensor is faulty, this thing can happen.
Since this sensor sits inside the fuel pump, and car is under warranty, they decided not to do any opening up, but replace the whole "High pressure Pump" assembly.
YEsterday morning with cold car I went for a joint test drive. No issues. Today morning also no issues.
But since the issue comes back only after 400-500kms of driving, the job card is still open, and they said they will close it only if after 500kms of driving the issue does not come back.

Two other niggling issues were taken care off
1. The cabin lights stopped lighting up when tailgate was opened, it was a switch adjustment
2. Front LHS Power window did not go up if vehicle was at speed(wind suction used to move it). Fixed after adjustment

That said, for quite some time, the rpm fluctuation on cold start has been the only issue with the car, everything else behaving properly. Fingers crossed!

On the + side, the service center guys wash the car inside out after every visit without charge. This thing I have seen with most workshops, after visit they wash car for no charge!
Old 14th January 2010, 13:38   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last two days were spent at Automobile sterling for rpm fluctuation on cold start issue.
This time they decided to try the fuel temperature sensor issue. It was recommended by experts from the tata plant at Pune.
According to them if the fuel temperature sensor is faulty, this thing can happen.
Since this sensor sits inside the fuel pump, and car is under warranty, they decided not to do any opening up, but replace the whole "High pressure Pump" assembly.
YEsterday morning with cold car I went for a joint test drive. No issues. Today morning also no issues.
Encouraging development hope that it never comes back , Is the fuel temperature sensor inside fuel pump only one or there is another fuel temperature sensor ? I remember Dadu recommending to check fuel temperature sensor long back on this thread.
But as per my experience they say yes to whatever diagnostic suggestion customer may give but actually do whatever they like to try first.
Old 14th January 2010, 13:43   #1480
Team-BHP Support

Oh shucks, that would mean no new engine ?
Old 14th January 2010, 13:57   #1481
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Encouraging development hope that it never comes back , Is the fuel temperature sensor inside fuel pump only one or there is another fuel temperature sensor ? I remember Dadu recommending to check fuel temperature sensor long back on this thread.
But as per my experience they say yes to whatever diagnostic suggestion customer may give but actually do whatever they like to try first.
At that time they found compression issue due to head. So that line was abandoned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Oh shucks, that would mean no new engine ?
As long as she is fine, I am good! I hope the problem goes away now. a few days of driving will clear all doubts!
Old 14th January 2010, 17:50   #1482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Indeed, you have a sharp memory but I have seen how Delphi technicians work (even ERC was complaining about their ways), they have set procedures to follow and are nothing more than general mechanics.

Now if this corrects the problem, they will send circular for every T.A.S.S to replace fuel pump (warranty) or sensor (non-warranty) for any similar issue anywhere in India, one more procedure added.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:10   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is great news and I am now 100% sure about FTS, which may be guilty of causing jerks at certain RPM in my case.

The only thing which I am worried about is for how long until this pesky issue returns, or until DELPHI comes out with modded FTS.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:17   #1484
Team-BHP Support

Since my safari was one of the rare specimens to have this problem, I do not think it requires and upgraded sensor.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:58   #1485
BHPian

Tanveer - My Safari is May 2009 though I have not received any call for ECU upgrade, who should I check if it requires upgrade?

I checked out Urmil motors, Gazaiabad atleast the interface quality is much better then Sterling, perhaps you need to check them out !

Regards

Vivek

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks