Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 15:45   #901
Senior - BHPian

@tsk > Selling being ruled out dont bother going to court either. The pain will only aggravate. If I was you, for the time being, I would forget about the vehicle, leave it with the dealer and ask them to fix everything and trial run it for atleast 200kms with you intraffic and on the highway when YOU have a free day.
Once you are convinced and they are equally sure then honestly, bash the hell out of the vehicle, as in, drive it as hard and as harsh as you can. Im sure it will all hold together or completely fall apart and then you can claim a new engine.
Some dreams are made of things like the Safari. Vehicles come and go, some passions remain. They dull or get bitter due to circumstance, but you are living your dream, of owning a 4wd safari. Ofcourse this isnt the way you imagined it, but hold on tight to it.
It will all fall into place, in time. Make peace with yourself.
There is a sunrise after a sunset, even if the night feels too long.

Cheers.
Old 20th March 2009, 15:47   #902
Team-BHP Support

The only thing Tanveer might find helpful about the Safari is that all his other problems in life seem minuscule compared to this.
Old 20th March 2009, 17:21   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
TSK, Would you rather have the rest of the vehicle changed or the engine? As far as I see, the engine is not having any issues. Most of your issues are with things that are connected to the engine.
The pistons and crankshaft are connected to the engine as well.
Old 20th March 2009, 18:21   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The pistons and crankshaft are connected to the engine as well.
What the!!!

Guess I missed this part where he said that even this was changed.
Old 20th March 2009, 21:05   #905
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
What the!!!

Guess I missed this part where he said that even this was changed.
Nope. I never said piston and crankshaft were changed.
Fuel Pump, Injectors, common rail and HP lines and fuel lines were changed
Old 20th March 2009, 21:10   #906
Senior - BHPian

Any update from the T.A.S.S?

What is the latest standing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
...Fuel Pump, Injectors, common rail and HP lines and fuel lines were changed
Oh, ok.

Guess I was just being given some 'gyaan' about engines!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 20th March 2009 at 21:11.
Old 20th March 2009, 21:12   #907
Team-BHP Support

Radiator is changed. Oil leak was not from engine, but from a pipe, some gasket was giving issues.
Tie rod end changed, a bush has been changed in the suspension.
I should get it tomorrow after they can replicate the idle surging on cold start issue.
I will ask them to deliver the vehicle to noida itself. I don't have the energy to haul myself to the service center again.
Old 20th March 2009, 21:18   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oil leak was not from engine, but from a pipe, some gasket was giving issues.
Gosh, what is that supposed to mean?
It's a functionally imperative pipe and it carries engine oil!
How do we begin to split what is 'engine' and what is a 'pipe'?
Old 20th March 2009, 21:50   #909
Team-BHP Support

I posted pics of where the oil was leaking from. Its that pipe, or rather 2 pipes joined together, and a gasket/seal in between. The seal was faulty.
Old 20th March 2009, 21:57   #910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oil leak was not from engine, but from a pipe, some gasket was giving issues.
Engine oil leak from a pipe because of GASKET issues?? You mean an external engine oil circulating pipe worked itself loose and started dripping oil? Which pipe was this? EDIT: Could you please repost a link to the pic of that pipe? I seem to be unable to find it...
Quote:
...replicate the idle surging on cold start issue.
you mean repair the idle surging on cold start issue? Wouldn't that be a fuel pump/injector/common rail/ECU issue again?

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 20th March 2009 at 22:00.
Old 20th March 2009, 22:23   #911
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Next time may be you refuse to take the VTT until engine replaced - is there a step like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
If I was you, for the time being, I would forget about the vehicle, leave it with the dealer and ask them to fix everything and trial run it for atleast 200kms with you intraffic and on the highway when YOU have a free day.
Some great smoked words.

Quote:
There is a sunrise after a sunset, even if the night feels too long.

Cheers.
Some more great smoked words, I like the way this "warlord" talks. JSL - NE Dec 09-Jan10?

Today while on the Bullet, saw a parked 2.2 Dicor with driver, demanded that the hood be opened and lo and behold the pipe is attached well in the clip. Around 7k used Safari this was. Asked him also any issues, said the last driver burned the clutch and got thrown out - clutch and paraphernalia repair costs around 13k around

Anyway I'm keeping that pipe away from the clip, the way i found it. Anyway too short to be crimped or touch any hot areas, rather than it be squeezed, whatever be the degree or whether it be helpful or not.

So in summary, if you see that pipe either in clip or loose, well nothing to fret for both or whatever you choose.

Last edited by adc : 20th March 2009 at 22:27.
Old 20th March 2009, 23:46   #912
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyway I'm keeping that pipe away from the clip, the way i found it. Anyway too short to be crimped or touch any hot areas, rather than it be squeezed, whatever be the degree or whether it be helpful or not.

So in summary, if you see that pipe either in clip or loose, well nothing to fret for both or whatever you choose.
I suggest you fix it back in the clip and maybe restrain it with additional cable tie or something, without squeezing the tibe much. The crimp is minimal and is any day better than a bent/chocked pipe due to vacuum! which is what happened to tsk.

Your call at the end of the day.

EDIT: saw your pic here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1217493-post808.html and i think you need to pull the tube lil more to the bottom so that the bent is aok, you should also find the original position (slight crimped part on tube) which will give the tube right seating in the clip.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th March 2009 at 23:50.
Old 21st March 2009, 00:01   #913
Senior - BHPian

@tsk1979:

1) The Fuel Pump, Injectors, common rail and HP lines and fuel lines were changed again ? IIRC, they were changed recently for that service light and before your trip in which the car gave this radiator trouble.

2) Dont sell off this car, demand replacement. I know its tough for salaried class to fight as we too are in the same class, but there is no other option. Sell this car off and still you will end up in loss. Going to court is feasible option as you will have a chance of getting compesation. There are cases where poeple have got justice. You have kept patience till now and some more might prove to be beneficial. Its not always that the cases are dismissed.

3) The enigne can be at fault. The amount of work done till now for enigne parts like fuel lines, injectors, etc. make me think there is something wrong at other place.

Even reading this leads me to anger. If I were in your place, I would be all over media for having beaten down tata motors GM or whoever comes in front of me first.

I am sorry if I am getting a bit personal, but I think that
Tanveer + Tadber = Not a good combo.
Tanveer + Taqder = An option to be explored by pushing for replacement of car.
Tanveer + Tadber + Taqder = Court option after the above one fails.

PS : THE ABOVE PART OF TANVEER, TAQDER AND TADBER ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE OFFENSIVE.
TANVEER = TSK1979.
TADBER = HARD WORK.
TAQDER = FATE, LUCK.
Old 21st March 2009, 00:52   #914
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
EDIT: saw your pic here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1217493-post808.html and i think you need to pull the tube lil more to the bottom so that the bent is aok, you should also find the original position (slight crimped part on tube) which will give the tube right seating in the clip.
Okay, tomorrow Saturday midnight I am on a 800 km non-stop journey and will keep the pipe in the clip and as rightly said need to pull it down a little if in clip. Thanks much for that crucial observation.

At end of travel will try to feel if the segment of the pipe on the clip is hotter than the rest of the pipe. If not, then it stays in the clip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
And to think of the number of pages debated about the clip & the pipe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Just a suggestion here. Will be nice if you update the entire episode of the trouble shooting in one piece. That way it is easier for the reader to make a conclusion of what the whole issue was and how it was solved. Imagine the plight of the guy who has just seen the thread. After reading through all the pages he reads about 5 pages of pipe reengineering solutions by tbhpians only to realize it was a radiator leak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The crimp is minimal and is any day better than a bent/chocked pipe due to vacuum! which is what happened to tsk.
It would be very helpful if you and/or all those technically competent clearly please describe the chain of events - like what happened sequentially? A bent pipe plus a radiator leak at the same time - arent the odds huge?

Last edited by adc : 21st March 2009 at 01:07.
Old 21st March 2009, 09:15   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some more great smoked words, I like the way this "warlord" talks. JSL - NE Dec 09-Jan10?
Will be out of the country. NE will come up either before Dec 09 or after Mid Jan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks