Team-BHP - Safari EX 4x4 120,000 km update
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Safari EX 4x4 120,000 km update (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/43105-safari-ex-4x4-120-000-km-update-60.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abk (Post 1221882)
Should I confess I happen to work for TATA in Quality Assurance??? Should I jot down my will immediately? :rules:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1221952)
No wonder QA guys life in Denmark, so users can't go and throttle them rl:

A Tata QA person who lives in Copenhagen and drives a HONDA and a HYUNDAI? :OT but very :uncontrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 1221967)
What???? Why?? A pedal changed for?

Really dont understand why you are still holding on to this vehicle and not initiate the sell process when still it can find some value. And you are planning on a long weekend ride or even Leh and Ladakh!!

Or like you are thinking to have the vehicle go through a complete overhaul and then dump the list with TM and ask for replacement - even if the remote possibility work out like a replacement, big time doubts and extreme uneasiness will still remain.

What is the thought process like now? - surely a court case you would have done if it was feasible - you do have real time lawyer advice easily available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudev (Post 1222013)
Interesting though. With election fever in full swing there is demand for Safari's in second hand market since many buyers are looking for good vehicles but not willing to pay full cheque, if you what I mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1222053)
OT: Yeah yeah sell it off to one of those corrupt politician!! so that his/her campaign gets screwed stupid:

I bought this thing on loan. If I sell it, what will I get 6L? This will not even cover the remaining loan. So I have no choice but keep on pushing Tata to change whatever is faulty.
As for Leh Ladakh and Long weekend rides, I can't stop living my life just because I got a lemon, right?
Maybe, couple of more problems and Tata agrees to replace the engine atleast(but I doubt that, they are extremely thick skinned people)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb (Post 1222104)
OT
@TSK:there is news in todays newspaper,in which consumer court has asked TATA Motors to pay 5 Lakhs for selling defective indica,something similar to your case.

Court also crossed my mind, But look at the details, that is a Year 2000 indica. I plan to get rid of this thing in less than 4 years from now if the problems continue.

6 lakhs? thats way too less a resale value, isnt it?

Anyways as you said at the end of the day if it doesnt make financial sense, then there is no point in thinking about a sale, esp for us salaried lot :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1222325)
...Maybe, couple of more problems and Tata agrees to replace the engine atleast(but I doubt that, they are extremely thick skinned people)...

TSK, Would you rather have the rest of the vehicle changed or the engine? As far as I see, the engine is not having any issues. Most of your issues are with things that are connected to the engine.

Cars in India | Used Cars | Car News | Buy & Sell Cars show value around 7+ ..... but that is steep discount on purchase value not worth considering.

Jo hoga dekha jayega attitude needed now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1222384)
TSK, Would you rather have the rest of the vehicle changed or the engine? As far as I see, the engine is not having any issues. Most of your issues are with things that are connected to the engine.

Fuel pump, injectors, Common rail, fuel return lines, HP lines etc,, changed. I woudn;t say that engine is not having any issues :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1222325)
I bought this thing on loan. If I sell it, what will I get 6L? This will not even cover the remaining loan. So I have no choice but keep on pushing Tata to change whatever is faulty.
As for Leh Ladakh and Long weekend rides, I can't stop living my life just because I got a lemon, right?

Maybe, couple of more problems and Tata agrees to replace the engine atleast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1222361)
then there is no point in thinking about a sale, esp for us salaried lot :(

May be 8L even [2.2s are not there in the seconds market till now], but definitely a financial loss and it sure hits hard. Also an alert individual looking at those service history will surely gawk. The saving grace is big warranty still left.

Anyway what is the GM of your service center saying like - he has been also in the thick of it. You must have approached him also about this engine replacement? Also surely as mentioned you have written to TM about vehicle replacement, did like say at least engine replacement?

In fact may be only Tata s are amenable to engine replacement somewhat easily than others - saw a Grande 2.2 on ramps, asked the service people and they pointed to a crate in which a wholy new 2.2 dicor engine was. Some fuel related problem but with much tinkering some parts were still not going smooth and then they said like total engine was being replaced.

Next time may be you refuse to take the VTT until engine replaced - is there a step like that?

And why was the accelerator pedal replaced??

On the scanner the accelerator pedal was giving some wrong codes.
As for engine replacement, well I have mailed TML people asking for vehicle replacement, but I guess it is not going to happen unless the turbo or something fails
Plan to write to some more senior people, hopefully one of them will look at my plight and offer some solution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1222639)
Plan to write to some more senior people, hopefully one of them will look at my plight and offer some solution.

But still what is the GM [nearest most senior person] of Autolinks saying, he at least is not mum? You must have raised the issue with him too.

Tanveer, have you considered changing your car's badge to "SUFFER-YE"? Maybe TML will do something constructive then...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1222639)
On the scanner the accelerator pedal was giving some wrong codes.
As for engine replacement, well I have mailed TML people asking for vehicle replacement, but I guess it is not going to happen unless the turbo or something fails

did u do what I had suggested?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 1222662)
But still what is the GM [nearest most senior person] of Autolinks saying, he at least is not mum? You must have raised the issue with him too.

Not with him yet, but with his assistant who told me that they would recommend engine change if any of the head etc., gasket etc., was found damaged.
No such thing found.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami (Post 1222694)
did u do what I had suggested?

Will do by tomorrow.

Selling won't make any sense and court is also of no use, somehow tell TML get rid of issues give them 2 weeks time frame and tell them you have postponed your travelling plans and fix the issues in 2 weeks time.

If you decide to sell first ask TATA ASSURED people TATA MOTORS ASSURED how much they quote for your Safari ?

Regards,

Ravi.

PS Please keep seperate files to maintain every job done and documents of your
Safari. TATA is not in a position to replace your vehicle as its almost bankrupt(like GM/Ford in USA). having huge issues in fund raising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 1222738)
PS Please keep seperate files to maintain every job done and documents of your
Safari.

Not required IMHO - each & every visit to the workshop (any workshop) is recorded on the TML server as part of the vehicle's service history. Each job card is opened on the TML server & not on the Dealer workshop end. Each & every part that is replaced (no matter how big or small) will be found in the service history. This is something that they cannot fiddle around with even if they tried, its part of their CRM.

Just discovered this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/129073-post1.html. Tanveer, are you thinking of doing something like this? This, and changing the badges to SUFFER-YE?