Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 06:42   #661
Senior - BHPian

What to say... this is horrible! Just not right!
Old 15th March 2009, 08:04   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
We had discussed so much before the Safari got the thumbs up, but now it's a thumbs-up of a different kind.
After all, thumbs up is entirely dependent on the frame of reference, as our good friend Albert used to say!
Old 15th March 2009, 08:49   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I don't know where to start, and where to end. Well after 18 hours on the road, I can't even think straight.
So I will pause, rest and then post the gory details.
However I can proudly claim to be the only tata safari owner who has seen a breakdown at 3500mts above sea level, where mobile signal is absent, and the most advanced tool available is a screwdriver
What the car gave some reliability issues once again ? That too at a remote place. I wonder if I would ever trust that car again, if I were in your place.
Its very difficult to analyze what is exactly wrong with the car.

We are waiting for the detailed story.
Old 15th March 2009, 08:59   #664
BANNED

Oh no, Not again.

Whats it now, if its a breakdown, TATA's better give a replacement soon.
Old 15th March 2009, 09:10   #665
Senior - BHPian

tanveer i have been going through this thread since long,but now i am totally out of words.
this is terrible
wish you luck with your horse
Old 15th March 2009, 09:31   #666
BHPian

Safari has always been marred with problems. We as desi's take those problems to be of expected ones and let it go with our chalta hai attitude. Since the day I had bought my safari the cigarette lighter cover was broken, they did nothing to it. The power windows still have problems, they get stuck while going up. Not to mention the Clutch burned after 11K. I got my Safari from sterling motors Noida and they are worst people in all. Everything is YES sir before service and after service it is "Sorry Sir". How many time a person can send back his vehicle to the workshop. SO we learn to live with it.

After 60K kms the ratttling noises in Safari has began to come up. Mind you this vehicle for most of the time has remained on highways except for 20-50 odd km on kaccha roads. Any ways Now I am afraid to take out the car on long drives. Do not feel comfortable on it.
Old 15th March 2009, 10:16   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Safari has always been marred with problems. We as desi's take those problems to be of expected ones and let it go with our chalta hai attitude. Since the day I had bought my safari the cigarette lighter cover was broken, they did nothing to it. The power windows still have problems, they get stuck while going up. Not to mention the Clutch burned after 11K. I got my Safari from sterling motors Noida and they are worst people in all. Everything is YES sir before service and after service it is "Sorry Sir". How many time a person can send back his vehicle to the workshop. SO we learn to live with it.

After 60K kms the ratttling noises in Safari has began to come up. Mind you this vehicle for most of the time has remained on highways except for 20-50 odd km on kaccha roads. Any ways Now I am afraid to take out the car on long drives. Do not feel comfortable on it.
Sorry to hear about that, could you please specify if yours is 2007 + DIcor 2.2 4X4

Regards
Old 15th March 2009, 11:41   #668
BHPian

what !again.what about the long trip?i think now you have had enough of this vehicle.
You should push TATA for replacement.
Old 15th March 2009, 11:48   #669
Senior - BHPian

OMG!!! Another breakdown?? I Guess the light that is blinking inside screams LEMON!!!
I think you should seriously consider fighting to get a replacement vehicle.
Old 15th March 2009, 11:57   #670
Team-BHP Support

Hard Luck tanveer. I just hope that things turn out fine, somehow.
Old 15th March 2009, 12:12   #671
BHPian

tata and tanveer are not clicking together!
what went wrong with the truck now?
Old 15th March 2009, 12:15   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hard Luck tanveer. I just hope that things turn out fine, somehow.
Yeah! bad luck with your piece, guys lets hear out the story first before we jump to any conclusions, it could be a lemon, a manual fault (too much of recent work done) or a parts failure. Pathetic is not the word I can use here with tanveer's experience.
Old 15th March 2009, 12:57   #673
Senior - BHPian

gosh.. what now? Awaiting details.
Old 15th March 2009, 13:10   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I don't know where to start, and where to end. Well after 18 hours on the road, I can't even thinK straight.
So I will pause, rest and then post the gory details.
However I can proudly claim to be the only tata safari owner who has seen a breakdown at 3500mts above sea level, where mobile signal is absent, and the most advanced tool available is a screwdriver
You might not claim that record yet. During my 15k service at Mandi on my way back from my Spiti trip, the works manager(ponytail bachelor) told me about the outstanding service they provide. The once went to fix a 3.0 4x4 that was abandoned between Lossar & Gramphoo with a failed/burnt out clutch, etc. They then drove it back, rechecked and re tested the vehicle and returned it to the owner. He was very proud of the whole deal and I wondered what the actual owner must've thought about the whole episode.

While we all await to hear about the relapse of the disease/s I can only extend my deepest sympathies.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 15th March 2009 at 13:11.
Old 15th March 2009, 14:41   #675
Team-BHP Support

My donkey does not have any relapses or repeat issues. Every time its something new.
I will pen the details in the travelogue, but to sum it up, service light was blinking and ECU was going to limp home mode as soon as she slightly warmed up.
So I was restricted to 1200rpm, which means I could do only downhill.
Which also meant I was standing on dark and lonely NH22 at 8pm, with no way of taking her to Kalpa, and no signal or network coverage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks