Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 14:24   #631
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Happy journey to Sangla, but dont think you would be that satisfied by not going beyond to Chitkul and staying over there instead of Sangla.

Just replied to your PM about Pancholi resort. Forgot to mention - though the room rate is quite quite cheap in off season, just do remember to ask about the food rate beforehand - in fact bargain in that also.

We got the room cheap but they got back at us with some expensive food rates - though not to blame them thats the way in almost every remote place - still even bargain on the food rate.

Again go to Chitkul, another reason for you - for amazing starry night shots that you love to do.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:28   #632
Team-BHP Support

thanks adc. But I spoke to them, and chitkul road is closed due to snow. So I will stay in Sangla. the bright side however is that I will get to see lots of snow
Old 4th March 2009, 14:40   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
thanks adc. But I spoke to them, and chitkul road is closed due to snow. So I will stay in Sangla. the bright side however is that I will get to see lots of snow
And please do shift to 4WD on-the-fly many times over! You car is still in warranty!
Old 4th March 2009, 15:09   #634
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, great news, time for the horse to emulate Pegasus, LOL - time to fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
And please do shift to 4WD on-the-fly many times over! You car is still in warranty!
Yeah, at least shift on the fly if not actually fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Tanveer, Also to note that you have got all new above parts on your ride, which should make it "brand new" car from some vital parts perspective.
It is a brand new vehicle for all practical purposes anyway. Most of the items named would have hardly undergone any "wear & tear" at this mileage.

Last edited by suman : 4th March 2009 at 15:12.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:13   #635
Senior - BHPian

And I sincerely hope that this thread does not become a travelogue going forward, the way things are being dicussed now that the horse started gallopping
Old 4th March 2009, 18:50   #636
Team-BHP Support

Problem really solved...?

Since yesterday, service light has come on twice.
Its not consistent like before, but both on occasions it came when car was a little struck in sand.
To take her out I had to rev in first gear. So it looks like when shes under load.
However after that I found a couple of sandy patches, and tried to recreate the service light, it did not come on.
Later while returning back home, I saw another sand heap, and tried there, it came.
So its not consistent. I spoke to TML guy, he says drive for 10-15 days, if its not consistent, its okay. No issues. Occasionally coming is okay, it should not be easily reproducible.

So keeping my fingers crossed, and preparing for the trip!
Old 4th March 2009, 19:02   #637
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to TML guy, he says drive for 10-15 days, if its not consistent, its okay. No issues. Occasionally coming is okay, it should not be easily reproducible.
I think it is OK for him because he doesn't have to spend time and energy to first recreate the problem and then solve it. The question is: Is it OK with you?
Old 4th March 2009, 19:11   #638
Team-BHP Support

She is running fine, no missing etc.,
So I think I will wait for a few days, drive around 1500kms more(just couple of weeks), and see how is it.
Old 4th March 2009, 19:22   #639
Senior - BHPian

Good going! and Many congrats on so many parts changed and things are getting sorted out. Its good at least they made that service light inconsistant now. So I hope next time they will get rid of issue completely. Its good to see TML has shown good interest to get rid of issues. I appreciate that a lot.

Lets not hope it won't happen: but what If problem comes back in future whats your decision about this Horse? I suggest buy Xylo/Innova for onroad and 4X4 Jeep for offroad may be. Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS I noticed people who own TATA or MUL car show lot of automobile knowledge. I understand the reason now because its same case with me too in the past.
Old 4th March 2009, 19:28   #640
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since yesterday, service light has come on twice.
Its not consistent like before, but both on occasions it came when car was a little struck in sand.

To take her out I had to rev in first gear. So it looks like when shes under load. So keeping my fingers crossed, and preparing for the trip!
For me, the service light came up once in these years in Orissa Sunabeda forest on an incline, was going back on the back gear but the incline was too steep, in the middle of the incline the rear wheels were only spinning and the load on the engine was definitely high and suddenly the service light came on.

Immediately let go of the accelerator, rolled down the incline and turned and then went over the incline this time front facing and in 1st gear with better intial speed. By that time the service light was off, it was on for hardly may be few seconds.

Called up the Calcutta service manager later when out of Sunabeda forest from Orissa itself and told him about the situation. He did confer about that service light most probably came on, sensing that the clutch was slipping and was under high stress. Told me not to worry but to carry on the journey and report it if it comes up again on a plain road. Everything was very much normal all through, no problem and still now.

Well this is my story, for yours it may be was due to load as TML guy is saying but still a tentative conclusion given your's VTT particular background. Anyway, worry if it comes up on a plain road.

Last edited by adc : 4th March 2009 at 19:43.
Old 4th March 2009, 19:41   #641
Team-BHP Support

Same situation here for adc when the service light came on for 2 seconds.
On plain road it has not come on at all. Acceleration, deacceleration etc., all sorts of circus I have tried
Old 4th March 2009, 19:47   #642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Same situation here for adc when the service light came on for 2 seconds.
On plain road it has not come on at all. Acceleration, deacceleration etc., all sorts of circus I have tried
I suggest you dont push it too much for the time being, normal or under lil bit stress it comes then its a immediate concern, but yes observe it for some more time before judging.

Have a great trip.
Old 4th March 2009, 20:16   #643
BHPian

Good to know things are getting sorted out, enjoy your ride.
Old 4th March 2009, 20:52   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So its not consistent. I spoke to TML guy, he says drive for 10-15 days, if its not consistent, its okay. No issues. Occasionally coming is okay, it should not be easily reproducible.

So keeping my fingers crossed, and preparing for the trip!
Anyway they can always cross check it to see if the same error code.

1500kms in a couple of weeks , that's nice to hear.
Old 4th March 2009, 22:01   #645
BHPian

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS TSK !!!
Great to see the your SUV back in shape and look forward to hear more on your planned trip.
cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks