Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:55   #571
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Can it be a misbehaving regulator in the alternator? Could be causing a blip in the bus voltage, which I think is a monitored parameter, or might just be disturbing the ECU power supply.
Well that should cause a lot of error messages to crop up. I suspect a real problem and not a sensor problem
Quote:
On a lighter note, by any chance, have you left the Police CD 'The Ghost In The Machine' in your car CD player?
Nope, only Iron Maiden in my car. Police does not suit the cars character. Only headbangers here, as this is one car that can make your head bang in frustration

Last edited by tsk1979 : 2nd March 2009 at 19:01.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:00   #572
Senior - BHPian

While they are at it why not ask them to change the the FRPS(Fuel rail pressure sensor) and/or pressure regulating valves. FRPS should have a vacuum line and an electrical connection for control, the connections should be firm with no leaks in the vacuum hose.

Last edited by dadu : 2nd March 2009 at 18:03.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:18   #573
BANNED

Hi TSK, I'll suggest you to visit the authorised servised station in Jalandhar, I've heard a lot of good word about them. Keep in mind, Doaba region is the hub of Safaris, max. sell here. So, the experience of technicians could be huge.
Old 2nd March 2009, 18:20   #574
Team-BHP Support

As much as it sounds strange, I absolutely agree with this bhp1. It was in Jalandhar that problem with my brothers safari (curious case of vanishing coolant) was diagnosed. Worth giving it a try if everything else fails.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:02   #575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
While they are at it why not ask them to change the the FRPS(Fuel rail pressure sensor) and/or pressure regulating valves. FRPS should have a vacuum line and an electrical connection for control, the connections should be firm with no leaks in the vacuum hose.
The sensor has already been changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Hi TSK, I'll suggest you to visit the authorised servised station in Jalandhar, I've heard a lot of good word about them. Keep in mind, Doaba region is the hub of Safaris, max. sell here. So, the experience of technicians could be huge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
As much as it sounds strange, I absolutely agree with this bhp1. It was in Jalandhar that problem with my brothers safari (curious case of vanishing coolant) was diagnosed. Worth giving it a try if everything else fails.
Well in this case TML and Lucas TVS engineers themselves have come to diagnose the problem. In any case when an error code does not go away on sensor cleanup, the next procedure is to call Delphi/Lucas/TML engineers.
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:58   #576
Senior - BHPian

Well, workshop timings are over for today.
Let us see what tomorrow brings.

Fingers & toes crossed!
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:19   #577
Team-BHP Support

Spoke to the service advisor around 7:45pm. They had just come back from a TD after changing the fuel return line. No service light.
Tomorrow they will do longer TD and check.
I will get a detailed list of what all has been changed, and what all old remains.
Hopefully it will get fixed!
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:42   #578
Team-BHP Support

Hope it's sorted out, I also was wondering what if the lines were clogged or something LOL.
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:44   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Spoke to the service advisor around 7:45pm. They had just come back from a TD after changing the fuel return line. No service light.

You mean the return line to tank? That's the low pressure circuit!

Or is this a recirculation line of the rail?

Of course it will get fixed! Was that ever in doubt? But I'm very keen to know what miserable LITTLE thing was causing this HUGE error code!
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:34   #580
Team-BHP Support

Recirculation line of the common rail I think. Details I will get to know when I actually go there.
Old 3rd March 2009, 07:14   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Tomorrow they will do longer TD and check.
Finally some hope! Pray and wish that this gets sorted out soon, TSK.

As AnupMathur mentioned, it will be interesting to know, to quote "... what miserable LITTLE thing was causing this HUGE error code!..." unquote.
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:32   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979

Hi TSK, good to hear the progress after a long lull.Can feel the relief of not having the service light glow. It will be fixed for sure.

Once it is back, throw a party around pal....just jokin!!
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:52   #583
Senior - BHPian

Woh, finally (hopefully )!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
As much as it sounds strange, I absolutely agree with this bhp1. It was in Jalandhar that problem with my brothers safari (curious case of vanishing coolant) was diagnosed.
LOL, I thought it was Autolinks that diagnosed the issue? That was what took me to them in the first place........
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:25   #584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
LOL, I thought it was Autolinks that diagnosed the issue? That was what took me to them in the first place........
50% only. Brother spoke to a mechanic in Jalandhar. He said its a case of a leaking cap. Showed it to Autolinks. Got it resolved.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:25   #585
Team-BHP Support

Autolinks did not diagnose the issue. The standard guideline for service light is that the sensor is cleaned and refitted. If service light does not go away, they call the TML or Delphi etc., guys.
So in this case since it was related to common rail, Delphi was called. Injectors for 2.2 are manufactured by Delphi.
Delphi guys recommended injector and HP line change, and when that was done, service light did not go away.
Then they replaced fuel pump, this was with Lucas Guys.
Next step was ECU and wiring harness. But nothing worked.
Old ECU was put back, and the fuel recirculation line was changed, this is again Delphi I think.

The service advisor told me two TML and two Lucas Engineers were working yesterday to find the issue. they changed all the filters also. Finally it was narrowed down to this fuel recirculation line of the common rail.
I will call them up around noon and find out if its really sorted out!?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks