Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2009, 19:55   #526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
They changed all the injectors and high pressure lines.
After that they did TD, and the service light came on again.
So the new injectors and HP pipes stay in your car?

That would be a saving grace, no?
Old 28th February 2009, 20:32   #527
Team-BHP Support

I seriously hope so, since these guys put the old injectors etc., in a box in the warranty room. Monday I will get to know the results of Fuel Pump change.
Old 28th February 2009, 20:37   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I seriously hope so, since these guys put the old injectors etc., in a box in the warranty room. Monday I will get to know the results of Fuel Pump change.
I sometimes wonder, is all this costing built into the price of a Safari?
Or, to put it differently, is the Safari cross-subsidized by the Sumos and Indicas?

Any idea about this?
Old 28th February 2009, 20:42   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I sometimes wonder, is all this costing built into the price of a Safari?
Or, to put it differently, is the Safari cross-subsidized by the Sumos and Indicas?

Any idea about this?
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of indica vista owners going through the similar experiences

I think this costing is built into the price of all new tata vehicles. At launch, they reduce the price by the amount which it saves them testing , and thus they can undercut the competition too
Old 28th February 2009, 21:01   #530
Team-BHP Support

Shucks man. This is BAD.

All the best tanveer, I sincerely hope things get sorted out soon.
Old 28th February 2009, 21:11   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Shucks man. This is BAD.
Be pragmatic, Eddy.
It is worth a serious thought: Having expensive parts of your car renewed is not an unsubstantial gain. And if this can go on for upto 3 or 4 years (extended warranty), then it certainly could be eminently suitable for a lot of people!
It makes it easier to understand why so many people go for it!

In Tanveer's case, perhaps he does not value this much. His usage pattern is different.

I can tell you with certainty that other makers will NOT give you such renewals.
Old 28th February 2009, 21:26   #532
Team-BHP Support

Its not always about the cost. If my car were to give me so much trouble, I would not have the time to get it fixed. And that too, this frequently.

And to top it all, I am sure that a common Joe like me would be dealt with differently and my lack of knowledge would be exploited. At least that is not hte case here.
Old 28th February 2009, 21:31   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And to top it all, I am sure that a common Joe like me would be dealt with differently and my lack of knowledge would be exploited. At least that is not the case here.
You're right about this.
Knowledge is power!
Old 28th February 2009, 21:36   #534
Team-BHP Support

If all this had happened at the fag end of warranty with me getting new everything for free after 4 years of ownership, I would have felt happy.
In my case she's done 11K kms only so its no gain only pain.
Only saving grace is that after lot of debating TML said they will for my taxi fare from workshop to Noida and on monday from Noida to the Workshop.

However I am extremely worried now whats will go wrong next.
Old 28th February 2009, 21:54   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TML said they will for my taxi fare from workshop to Noida and on monday from Noida to the Workshop.

However I am extremely worried now whats will go wrong next.
Well, the taxi fare is a fair touch, LOL! Least they can do.

Extremely worried: OK, let's take that mathematically - there is about a 25% to 40% chance of something going wrong at an inopportune moment when you're far from help and home. The chances of a stranding are very much less.
If, with some inconvenience, you are able to get expensive parts renewed, does that not mean something? It is food for thought and planning!
I did not dare because of other imperatives like always travelling with little daughters and aged Mom.
Old 28th February 2009, 22:58   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Its known in general Safari has lot of niggles compared with other cars which is prooved thing(debate not needed), but we can overlook this niggle by its looks/comfort/road presense and it costs 10 lac range and appears to be 15+ lac segment SUV. If we had baught Innova/Grand Vitara/Fortuner other MUV/MPV we would have not got great feeling what Safari gives.
WoW. Fortuner is in India? Since when?

Did you mean the Endy? Not a fair comparison as Endy is quite rugged and well put together.

BH.
Old 28th February 2009, 23:32   #537
Team-BHP Support

I would not call these problems niggles!!
Old 28th February 2009, 23:33   #538
Senior - BHPian

Some food for thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
Endy is quite rugged and well put together

Fully loaded 4x4 Safari comes for abt 13L and similarly speced Endy is about 20L on Pune roads. Does not matter, how well put together an Endy is, it is still a "Single Point of Failure (SPOF)" in certain situations when you have no backup. If Endy (like Safari) fails you would be stranded.

Instead, I think, buying Safari makes more sense- for its style, comfort and above all price- than Endy, and with balance ~7L money one could additionally buy a tractor too- to haul your Safari back home if you are stranded. This avoids SPOF at the same price of Endy

Guys, on a more serious note, TML is offering free 24x7 on road assistance in association with TVS Service for all passenger cars (incl Safari) sold from Feb 2009+. This service is available out of city limits too and can bail you out if you are stranded. I think this is a useful and commendable endeavor (not the Endy type) from TML. Existing customers can register for this service against a nominal fee.
Old 1st March 2009, 00:28   #539
Senior - BHPian

Emm, thats bad news. I thought that was the resolution and even asked my Service Manager to check it and order. I could get the error codes. I am to get the codes by Tuesday; they gave me a stupid reason when I asked for it.
Old 1st March 2009, 13:01   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After that they did TD, and the service light came on again.
Now they are getting a new fuel pump, but this will be testing on monday.
They ordered new injectors without being sure it was the culprit because they couldn't "swap" with another set of injectors(?). Similarly, because of the VIN built-in in the the ECU, I don't think you can swap the ECU either. (Correct me if I am wrong here, when they put my car on the analyser, it gave the engine no. / VIN).

In the case of fuel pump, will they replace or test with a spare and then change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
This is going the 'Steeroid' way! If all goes well you will have a spanking new engine!
What if the Service Light is still glowing even after that?

I am sorry, but this incident has really shaken the confidence people (including me) had on Tata. I knew they were never perfect, but not this bad. And, at a good and cooperative TASC like Autolinks, too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks