Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 16:55   #511
Senior - BHPian

That was the good news everyone was waiting to hear. Cheers!!
Hope your horse starts galloping soon.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:01   #512
Senior - BHPian

Good news, TSK. hope all issues get sorted out during this visit.

May the power be with you!
Old 25th February 2009, 17:04   #513
Senior - BHPian

Good news
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Lucas to Tata. They were constantly delaying it all,
"They" as in Lucas or Tata? I think it was Tata Pune who were delaying, NOT Lucas. The minute you started sending e-mails, they realized that it would get smelly so they swung into damage-control mode.

In my turbocharger case, when their central spares despatch section goofed up & sent the item by road, they tried to blame my workshop (Autolinks) - when they realized I knew the "inside" story, they promptly despatched a second piece by Air the same evening (and then shouted at Autolinks for telling me the actual story )
Old 25th February 2009, 18:07   #514
Team-BHP Support

Wallaa! So there finally appears to be some rays of light at the end of the tunnel. I do not know if it will solve all the problems, though I hope it does, but I am darn sure that the parts will reach the workshop now in double quick time.

Considering that they ate up more than a month for this I think you should press for an extension of your primary warranty by a month as well.
Old 25th February 2009, 18:27   #515
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I hope this is finally the resolution you've been looking for - this is one story that needs a happy ending - and quick.
Old 25th February 2009, 18:30   #516
Senior - BHPian

So big koshun -
a. how much extra warranty
b. What additional freebies are you getting?

Congrats
Old 26th February 2009, 06:55   #517
BHPian

Really sad to see someone getting troubled of his dream car .Especially who loves/respects his beast.
Wishing you tanveer that your beast get well soon.
For me except clutch-change at 15k i didn't get any problem in last 3 yrs in my 3.0L 4X4 Dicor. My beast remain idle for continious 30-45 days then i would come up & crank,it will start happily without any issues.Again after 200-300 km drive my beast will go to sleep for month.I have drive with 8-9 peoples stuffed through the muddy road where my chamber,more than half tyres in country side water-mud mixture road.it would happily pass out leaving two trail of tyres & one chamber.I always use 4X4 with all manual recommendation & it works well.I have used my 4X4 beast to the limit where it would strugle/drift/slip left & right but will always carry me out.
I really admire power of 3.0 L engine.
Old 26th February 2009, 10:50   #518
Team-BHP Support

According to Autolinks, they placed order with Lucas. This is the standard procedure when parts like AC etc., not manufactured by Tata go Kaput. Lucas had told them that since injectors come from UK. it takes time.
With one complaint, suddenly all parts have materialized.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:14   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the standard procedure when parts like AC etc., not manufactured by Tata go Kaput.
Hmmm, not so sure about that. My Turbocharger is manufactured by Turboenergy, not by Tata. Replacement came from TML, Pune........anyway, as long as its done, its done.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:21   #520
BHPian

@tsk1979, really felt bad when i read about all the problems you are facing with your safari.

Ive read the whole thread and i feel Tata motors should be ashamed of itself..it angers me, especially when i think of the excitement you had for your steed upon its arrival.

i sincerely hope that all these hassles are soon behind you..i can empathize because iv had a lemon sold to me once too which resulted with me getting to know all the mechanics and managers of the workshop on a first name basis.

err..not to add to your problems but do get the timing belt checked regularly iv'e heard there are some issues there too.

all the best my friend!
Old 27th February 2009, 16:07   #521
BHPian

Glad to have read this story

I have been enamoured by the safari right from the very first Advt on TV "Make your own Road", still fancy the truck to the extent that I finally walked across to the delareship yday and started negotiating on the final price etc.

Always knew that niggles are inhenrent to the Safari experience, but this - leaves me fuming with rage.

After spending 10 big ones , I just can seem to come to terms with the fact that within a couple of months one could go thru so much trouble.

Spending a good amount your hard earned money itself is a heartache , but shattering your dream of "TAKING YOUR 4X4 SUV ANYWHERE WITH CONFIDENCE " : is the biggest blow (to me atleast).

Even if its a one off case or a one off lemon - the manner in which TML has handled the issue is deplorable. Even if it was to be an Indica or Nano , I would most cerainly expect better treatment (read as expeditious resolution ) for the money spent & the faith reposed in the manufacturer to give me reliablity ( read as peace of mind). As far as TML goes , this is the most premuim product in their stable in India.

I really really wanted to own a Safari ( still cant help staring at it whenever it passes by - cant recall if I ever looked with such hopeful eyes at Aishwarya Rai either ) - However : no ways do I want to shatter my dream of owning a reliable & god damn good lookin SUV .

Dont know if I have added any value to the discussions on this thread , but just could not refrain from voicing my anger at TML.

Sincerely hope that Tanveer does not face any more issues and gets everythind in shape by the end of this.
cheers
Old 27th February 2009, 16:36   #522
BHPian

thats good news tsk..
i think you should have used "THE DANDA APPROACH" right from day 1.
all the best.
Old 28th February 2009, 18:48   #523
Team-BHP Support

Horse still in hospital

Today morning I took her to the workshop. Lucas guys came there along with a customer care manager from Tata.
They changed all the injectors and high pressure lines.
After that they did TD, and the service light came on again.
Now they are getting a new fuel pump, but this will be testing on monday.

So in a nutshell, they do not have any idea what is the problem, and they are replacing everything which they think is the culprit.
Next stop if Fuel pump change does not bring in desired results, they will try changing ECU
Old 28th February 2009, 19:07   #524
Senior - BHPian

This is going the 'Steeroid' way! If all goes well you will have a spanking new engine!
Old 28th February 2009, 19:11   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...So in a nutshell, they do not have any idea what is the problem, and they are replacing everything which they think is the culprit...
This is pathetic! Should not the ECU error codes and all those software's supposed to at least point to the probable place of issue?

But then, you say that even the ECU is being looked as an culprit!

Darn... this is such a damper! :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks