Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 15:49   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The regional customer care center has directed Lucas to provide the injectors ASAP. They say they will get the injectors as soon as possible, but apparently according to them they have to come from UK. Its a full circus I am telling you. There are couple of other safari's which have a more serious problem with injectors and the owners are literally without vehicle for over a month.
TSK,

There's something amiss here. Spares usually come from the factory. So are they saying that they arent producing any new Safari's because Lucas does not have injectors to supply, therefore no new engines can be assembled ?

I suggest you should call the customer care nos. published on safaridicor.com ( Tata Motors Customer Care :: Home) and give them an earful.

cheers!
Srinivas
Old 24th February 2009, 16:05   #497
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
TSK,

There's something amiss here. Spares usually come from the factory. So are they saying that they arent producing any new Safari's because Lucas does not have injectors to supply, therefore no new engines can be assembled ?

I suggest you should call the customer care nos. published on safaridicor.com ( Tata Motors Customer Care :: Home) and give them an earful.

cheers!
Srinivas

Please be aware that All replacements in Tata do not come as advance replacement. They are specifically shipped by the local TML office after the request has been placed. I know this for a fact. This was done to ensure that these warranty replacements are genuine requests.

If my memory serves me right the Delphi Plant was closed for about 15 day's in Dec and hence could be the reason for short supply...
Old 25th February 2009, 00:36   #498
Senior - BHPian

Although a bit negative, dont you think TSK1979 that you were sold a bad piece ? So many issues and this delay. There are explanations of all of them, but this not digestible IMHO.
Bosch is one of the best as far as reliability goes. Better than LucasTVS. Confirmed with our local mechanic also.

Do you think that the entire lot from which your car came had all these issues ?
Old 25th February 2009, 10:47   #499
Team-BHP Support

Yes I was sold a bad piece I think. I hope that after injector fix nothing new comes up. As for entire lot, I have no idea. Almost every safari that Tata sells, there are some issues. Atleast for the 2.2
Some have this EGR Valve issue, for some its power window, for others its brakes, for some its turbo hose pipe getting loose again and again. In my case I got quite a few of these problems!
Old 25th February 2009, 11:51   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Please be aware that All replacements in Tata do not come as advance replacement. They are specifically shipped by the local TML office after the request has been placed. I know this for a fact. This was done to ensure that these warranty replacements are genuine requests.

If my memory serves me right the Delphi Plant was closed for about 15 day's in Dec and hence could be the reason for short supply...

I dont quite agree with this argument. How many 2.2 Dicor engines would Tata have built in Jan'09 ? If injectors are short supply, the answer should be Zero.

My argument is that TML has stock for new engines but not for spares, which is ridiculous. They should be able to divert the spares when they know a customer is having trouble. I'd say put pressure on the regional TML office to cannibalize a new engine and get the injectors or better still, replace the engine!

TSK, I look forward to you getting your truck back in shape asap, and many more dune bashings! I'd say, take Steer's example. He probably saw so many replacements that his truck is completely replaced under warranty, and still is going great guns!

BTW, I've raised a complaint with TML via their customer service link, and am waiting for their Regional office to respond for the service light issue.

cheers
Srinivas

Last edited by smsrini : 25th February 2009 at 11:55.
Old 25th February 2009, 12:10   #501
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
I'd say put pressure on the regional TML office to cannibalize a new engine and get the injectors or better still, replace the engine!

cheers
Srinivas

I agree on the above topic ..... Put pressure on the TML Office. Have you sent out an email to TML Support ???
Old 25th February 2009, 13:13   #502
Senior - BHPian

tanveer I sincerely hope this whole fiasco ends in your favor buddy. Damn I dread to think of the fact that after having spent over 10 lakhs on an SUV, its nothing more than a piece of machinery riddled with problems.
Old 25th February 2009, 13:38   #503
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
I agree on the above topic ..... Put pressure on the TML Office. Have you sent out an email to TML Support ???
I contact through contact us form. Whom should I mail for faster response, I have an email id, today I think I will write to that person. He handles UV customer care.
Old 25th February 2009, 13:53   #504
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I contact through contact us form. Whom should I mail for faster response, I have an email id, today I think I will write to that person. He handles UV customer care.
The email id would be supportnorth at tatamotors.com in your case and west, east or south for the respective regions.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:31   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
customercare@tatamotors.com

If you have job card nos, or any spares indent nos. you can also call their toll free line and give them a shout!

cheers!
Srini
Old 25th February 2009, 14:33   #506
Team-BHP Support

I have mailed Tata motors, and they have responded that they are extremely sorry for what has happened, and the Delhi office has been directed to sort this out ASAP!
Hopefully this weekend or next weekend, the horse will be cured
Old 25th February 2009, 14:47   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully this weekend or next weekend, the horse will be cured
Or replaced? Push for that if possible.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:52   #508
Team-BHP Support

I don't think so replacement will be even remotely possible. So I am not pushing for that. However if after all this circus, more problems come up, even that route may be needed. I am hoping that this is the last of her troubles!
Old 25th February 2009, 16:01   #509
Team-BHP Support

A ray of hope

I emailed a senior TML person(cannot disclose email address over here), and got a reply within few minutes that Delhi office has been directed to look into this.
Few minutes back I get call from Delhi customer care office, and they told me that I should expect a call from service advisor tomorrow, and this will be taken care of ASAP!
Old 25th February 2009, 16:49   #510
Team-BHP Support

The Power of the Danda

Just got a call from the service manager. He was grinning and told me I did the right thing by complaining about Lucas to Tata. They were constantly delaying it all, and job card being open for so long does not reflect good on their workshop also.
As a result of my mail to the TML guys, I have recieved 1 phone call from the NCR region manager, and and 2-3 emails promising action.
And the manager at the workshop told me to get my vehicle to Autolinks on saturday and part will definitely be there. Since pressure is from top, everything is expected to reach the workshop by tomorrow.

Most Viewed