Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:51   #481
Team-BHP Support

Nope, no TML workshop in NCR. Only regular ones.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:27   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So if you really want a 4x4 and cannot afford the 11L price tag of mHawk 2.2 4x4, buy this, but if you have got more money to spare, or can wait till you have met the budget constraints, buy the competition
Has the mHawk 2.2 4X4 been launched? VLs or VLx?
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:10   #483
Team-BHP Support

Its available to order, ask the Mahindra dealers. I think 3 month waiting time.
Old 24th February 2009, 00:19   #484
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
It is sad to know of the issues Tanveer. It seems the 3.0 litre Dicors had most of their bugs ironed out. My 3.0 is performing quite well at 25000kms,
I believe that Tata will figure out the 2.2 bugs soon and reliability should be better in the coming months.
Drifter

, wonder why such reliable engines were swapped. My 3.0 is now 3 yrs old and "touchwood" is in best of its shape

Its time TATA's iron out issues pertaining to the 2.2 engines.
Old 24th February 2009, 02:33   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
, wonder why such reliable engines were swapped. My 3.0 is now 3 yrs old and "touchwood" is in best of its shape

Shouldn't it be the case that TATA should have know what needs to be done with their previous experience and not start all over again?

Maybe it is the classic case of right hand not knowing what the left is doing!
Old 24th February 2009, 09:01   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
As far as I know, the mHawk 2.2 and Safari 2.2 are almost the same. Mahindra detuned engine for the chassis of Scorpio as the engine is mounted high up and the dynamics are not exaclty sorted out as compared to safari.

The issue is with tata motors, nothing else. They are not having good quality control over anything. This is not the first case at Tbhp. I didn't knew about smsrini, but was aware of varunroy, yes that Protest agaisnt Tata motors thread. Now I am looking at this.

My father was seriously considering buying Safari/Innoava/Xylo in April, and the reason why I came to this thread. No buying safari now ( well all plans are put on hold ), we are pulling on with baleno. As tsk1979 has pointed out, this is not an isolated case. Too bad on tata's part.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:33   #487
BHPian

Do you find all these problems in 4x4 only or its common with all safari's 4x2 also.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:40   #488
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, waiting for spares from Lucas for so long is real apathy towards customers like us!! I wish the manufacturers in general learn to treat customers like customers and not like guinea pigs(sorry for saying this, but this is the common attitude towards customers in India)
Old 24th February 2009, 11:01   #489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
As far as I know, the mHawk 2.2 and Safari 2.2 are almost the same. Mahindra detuned engine for the chassis of Scorpio as the engine is mounted high up and the dynamics are not exaclty sorted out as compared to safari.

The issue is with tata motors, nothing else. They are not having good quality control over anything. This is not the first case at Tbhp. I didn't knew about smsrini, but was aware of varunroy, yes that Protest agaisnt Tata motors thread. Now I am looking at this.

My father was seriously considering buying Safari/Innoava/Xylo in April, and the reason why I came to this thread. No buying safari now ( well all plans are put on hold ), we are pulling on with baleno. As tsk1979 has pointed out, this is not an isolated case. Too bad on tata's part.
Actually the block is similar. Tata uses Delphi rail, and Mahindra Goes with Bosch. As per my understanding Bosch is more robust as a company and doing much better than Delphi. As for Lucas TVS, I have had too much trouble with parts from that company in my old indica also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Do you find all these problems in 4x4 only or its common with all safari's 4x2 also.
Except for the 4x4 hubs, all other problems are non 4x4 related(Thermostat, injectors, suspension jumping rod bush, brakes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Tanveer, waiting for spares from Lucas for so long is real apathy towards customers like us!! I wish the manufacturers in general learn to treat customers like customers and not like guinea pigs(sorry for saying this, but this is the common attitude towards customers in India)
Tata needs to put some pressure on suppliers for quality. It appears they only put pressure on procuring parts at the lowest price, quality be damned!
Old 24th February 2009, 12:33   #490
BHPian

@Tanveer: Disheartening to see your vehicle behaving this badly...there should be some way to teach companies a hard lesson for looting our hard earned money by selling such a poor quality product.
It may be one of it's kind case for many but only he who has invested a hefty INR 10L+ amount can feel the pain. Shame on you TML!
Old 24th February 2009, 14:33   #491
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer - have you tried escalating this with Tata officials yet? Are they not known to be very proactive?
Old 24th February 2009, 14:39   #492
Team-BHP Support

The regional customer care center has directed Lucas to provide the injectors ASAP. They say they will get the injectors as soon as possible, but apparently according to them they have to come from UK. Its a full circus I am telling you. There are couple of other safari's which have a more serious problem with injectors and the owners are literally without vehicle for over a month.
Old 24th February 2009, 15:04   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The regional customer care center has directed Lucas to provide the injectors ASAP. They say they will get the injectors as soon as possible, but apparently according to them they have to come from UK. Its a full circus I am telling you. There are couple of other safari's which have a more serious problem with injectors and the owners are literally without vehicle for over a month.

Not sure what's up with your case and the others that you have mentioned. When my vehicle had developed issues, they (Concorde motors) had given me a standby Safari for the full 2 weeks, had given me almost daily progress reports, had given me vouchers to redeem against accessories to try and win back my confidence and had assured of priority service and attention in future.
Old 24th February 2009, 15:13   #494
Senior - BHPian

@Xbox, i think your experience may have also been due to a certain email that we had written....i think u know what i mean
Old 24th February 2009, 15:23   #495
Team-BHP Support

In my case there is no problem in the running of the vehicle service light comes on occasionally. The engineers who came to check the vehicle say the vehicle can be driven for long distances also, there will be no issues. So no backup safari for me.
Himanshu, whom did you write the mail to, I think I will also write one soon to the same guy. I can do with some accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks