Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 15:24   #451
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Not sure if Ankit is trying to point out that DADA MOTORS has knowingly sold you a lemon.

Maybe really OT but just see my reaction to something that Pavan put up -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ml#post1131338

That's a brand new, unregistered 4x4 being given the treatment.
This link Sir, anyone on the Forum remember this Safari, is it yours..?

Old 15th January 2009, 16:14   #452
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not sure if Ankit is trying to point out that DADA MOTORS has knowingly sold you a lemon..
I doubt Dada has any part to play except shoddy PDI. Last time when we bought safari from them, they ended out shelling 1 lakh worth of accessories because they made the mistake of giving it out for 1 TD.
It pays to have lots of lawyers in the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Off Topic,..but does'nt the engine light come on when the engine is nearing stall speeds !! The service light comes on in my City as well,....just while the rpm drops below 1000 (the stall speed of my car)
Nope, the service light never comes up. I managed to stall her once, only after stalling all the tell tale lights (battery etc., etc., which glow with ign switch to on) started glowing.
anyways 1400rpm is nowhere near stall speed for safari, she idles at 800-900 rpm
Old 15th January 2009, 16:46   #453
Senior - BHPian

Thankfully M&M & the Dearlership are going all out to resolve the issues.
Everything done, as I write the gearbox is being replaced with a new one.
So I am not complaining any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Anand i hope the above link answers you.

Lets not deviate from the thread, we are talking about Tanveer's Safari in particular and lets keep it limited there.

I've always reiterated that all cars do have niggles and problems.

All we need to learn from this thread is how Tanveer went about with his dealership and TATA motors in getting his problems sorted out.

At the end of the day Tanveer's Safari will sure come out in flying colors and hopefully more and more travelogues on Safari to follow from his side

Lets wish him and his car a speedy recovery.cheers:
Old 15th January 2009, 16:56   #454
Senior - BHPian

mupreti, good to hear that.

Would love to hear the same from Tanveer too
Old 15th January 2009, 17:08   #455
Senior - BHPian

well steeroid i shud admit that i always adored the safari from the day it was launched but this small small niggles are a big turn off esp when some 1 pays almost 12-13 lakhs for a vehicle
about the munnar track maybe it has the potential to do it but then again who knows problems like how tsk's 4wd got busted etc etc might occur. but Imo 98% of people who buy the safari will not take it on a track like that.
Old 15th January 2009, 18:06   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
about the munnar track maybe it has the potential to do it but then again who knows problems like how tsk's 4wd got busted etc etc might occur. but Imo 98% of people who buy the safari will not take it on a track like that.
LOL. Tsk's 4x4 didn't go bust because of any track! Seriously.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what 4x4 transfer case does a Scorpio use?
Old 15th January 2009, 18:40   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you go to the beginning of the thread, you will find that apart from loan fiasco(where HDFC bank is also to blame), there were some other problems related to PDI
1. engine oil was less in the car, I had to get it topped up at first service
2. Rattles in brand new vehicle, I got them fixed later
3. First day all the electricals died
4. they should have caught the suspension bush noise
5. When I pointed out the fogged fog lamp(happened on day 1) they said its normal and not to worry, this happens. Only later at Dhingra during first service it was replaced
6. The service book came more than 2 months later!
So I will not give them a good rating. A good service center does not tell the customer "This is normal" but tries to correct the problem.

The positive side is the hefty discount we got, at that time nobody was giving more than 10K discounts, and I got 20K+ (Things are different now with 35K discounts in the offing)

ok,now what i want to add to this,you had so many problems in the car right from the first day and you got a big discount with the car.
my point is why would somebody pay from his/her pocket.and i think suman sir has a valid point here-they knew what they are selling to you.

apart from that if you come to the refund/replacement part:who would be held responsible here ADA MOTORS,DHINGRA OR AUTOLINKS.
i know there is online system where you get all the details of the repairs being done:but DADA MOTORS may tell you that the repairs werent performed by THEM.

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 15th January 2009 at 18:41.
Old 15th January 2009, 18:46   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL. Tsk's 4x4 didn't go bust because of any track! Seriously.

i dint mean that i mean the problem he had with the 4v4 might happen to anyone..
sorry i dint read the entire posts in this thread..
Old 15th January 2009, 21:14   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Scorpio CRDe 4x4 uses Borg-Warner Electric 4WD System.
Old 15th January 2009, 21:15   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd guess it is from Borg Warner!
The 4WD system is from Borg Warner, and I expect that this would include the transfer case as an integral part of the system. The differentials; now that is another question.
Old 16th January 2009, 01:54   #461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well steeroid i shud admit that i always adored the safari from the day it was launched but this small small niggles are a big turn off esp when some 1 pays almost 12-13 lakhs for a vehicle
It was a manufacturing defect. I did not do any offroading except sand, so no chance of rocky offroading etc., destroying 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
ok,now what i want to add to this,you had so many problems in the car right from the first day and you got a big discount with the car.
my point is why would somebody pay from his/her pocket.and i think suman sir has a valid point here-they knew what they are selling to you.

apart from that if you come to the refund/replacement part:who would be held responsible here ADA MOTORS,DHINGRA OR AUTOLINKS.
i know there is online system where you get all the details of the repairs being done:but DADA MOTORS may tell you that the repairs werent performed by THEM.
First off all Dada motors did not know what I was getting. Reason is that when I booked the car it was not with them. 4x4 are on order only and there is atleast a 2 week waiting period. Mine came to dealer stockyard on tuesday I think, and same day my uncle inspected the vehicle. I took delivery on the weekend.
I don't think they tampered with the injectors or the thermostat or the 4x4 or the fog lamp.
Dealer responsibiliy comes in when a repaired part fails again. In my case all faulty parts are being replaced, so I don't anticipate that issue
Old 16th January 2009, 11:20   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
The Scorpio CRDe 4x4 uses Borg-Warner Electric 4WD System.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I'd guess it is from Borg Warner!
The 4WD system is from Borg Warner, and I expect that this would include the transfer case as an integral part of the system. The differentials; now that is another question.
Both of you are correct. It was more of a rhetorical question in answer to Vinay's point about "other" vehicles.

Same component supplier for Mahindra & TATA as far as the 4x4 is concerned.
Old 16th January 2009, 13:18   #463
Team-BHP Support

Tata gets Dana Diff, LSD or open(non 4x4). Don't know about who makes the DIFFs for Mahindra
Old 16th January 2009, 13:54   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Tata gets Dana Diff, LSD or open(non 4x4). Don't know about who makes the DIFFs for Mahindra
IIRC, someone on the 4X4 thread had mentioned it is Dana.
M&M do not think it fit to reveal all such information in their User Manuals!
Old 16th January 2009, 14:51   #465
BHPian

It is Dana / Spicer India Ltd. My Uncle was the COO of this co. till some time back so can confirm this....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks