Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 10:41   #406
Senior - BHPian

Pawan with all due respect an owner who is suffering on account of his vehicle is entitled to vent his frustrations out. Paying 10 big ones for a vehicle that suddenly develops these complications is not funny.

Your comments are better addressed at those who seek to derive some mileage out of his misfortune like vultures circling over a crippled animal, in this case his diseased horse.

"I told you so" is the easiest and most cost-effective piece of advice on this planet.

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th January 2009 at 10:45.
Old 12th January 2009, 11:20   #407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Hi tsk1979, sad to read your experience with the vehicle. Hope all issues get sorted out soon to your satisfaction.

Am unable to comprehend on the effect of the 5th gear alone, on this situation. Any chance for the service lamp to come up in neutral (or any other gear), after accelerating beyond 2100rpm and then letting the engine to idle?
Its not really 5th gear related. Its easy to get service light in 4th gear. Even 3rd gear and 2nd gear can make it come, but its tough. The trick is to have rpm drop very slowly with engine braking. This happens in 5th and 4th gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I agree, but even a top brand could have problems and the owner cursing it because it failed for him, although for others it might be running without problems. It general human nature.

That is also the reason why i said it could be pure bad luck.

I can understand the frustation and inconfidence but you nee to work it out with TATA by hook or crook.

Tanveer, I remember reading someone reporting TATA giving a replacement Safari after almost an year of diagnosing, I cant remember who and what was the problem.

I agree with Zappo here, if they dont know the exact problem, they cant diagnose it and then changing mere parts means nothing, cause they might be changing the working parts inturn screwing up something else. The problem has to be pinpointed and then tackled otherwise its like changing the whole engine parts for a suspension issue.
I don't think this is the case here. The parts changed have actually failed without any ambiguity(4x4 hubs, injectors, bush). Till now the only part changed is the hubs. Bush and injectors will come later and then they also will be changed.
I am worried that some time later the ECU or some other critical component may also show fault or something. This is what worries me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Pavan,

With due respects, I think the Man(Tanveer) behind the machine is pretty much aware and does take care of the car like everybody else do!!(or probably better!!)
Guess what, I treat her with kid gloves. On potholed roads hatchbacks overtake me bouncing around, and I slowly take her through the bad roads. I rarely push over 2500rpm, except when doing the cat con cleaning as shown in manual.
Even in 4x4 usage, I do not negate harsh terrain. Its mostly sand. If I as much as smell rocks, I back off. Even if there is a slight risk of underbody touching I don't take her to the trail.
I idle her for over a minute after every start up, and on cold starts first 5 minutes are below 1500rpm, as I idle drive her in 1st or second gear so that the engine warms up.

Recently we spent over an hour waxing and polishing, thats why she looks brand new. Even during fog lamp fitment, I told they guy not to touch anything, and connect the fog lamps directly to battery with completely separate wiring and switch.

After I am back in feb, I plan to write to Tata, and am going to ask them to send a senior engineer to check the turbo/clutch/engine etc., and replace anything problematic before new problems come in.
Old 12th January 2009, 11:28   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I would also say the trouble would not be entirely on the machine, its afterall a machine and its always the Man behind the Machine.
Do we really need such callous and WRONG comments here?!
Please bear in mind that he is certainly NOT trying to deliberately make things fall apart after paying hard earned money for the car! This seems to be a clear case of a lemon.
Old 12th January 2009, 11:32   #409
Senior - BHPian

Surely TSK is handling his Safari well. A SUV should stand much higher Abuse. Somehow he has got a Lemon. He needs to push hard on Tata Motors and get these issues resolved.
Old 12th January 2009, 12:09   #410
Team-BHP Support

Only advice for the time being is to bear with the pain and get Tata to rectify the issues, if things are not progressing and/or trouble pops up again, then make a formal complain and try to get the vehicle replaced.

Though very few will admit, Tata had/has inconsistent quality with their product compared to majority of other manufacturer's and their is no point in going beyond a point resolving it at your cost.

Hope things are sorted out soon.
Old 12th January 2009, 12:16   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thermostat is kaput. It is not telling fan to switch on. they short the fan, and we drive to Autolinks Vasant Kunj.
Finally at 8pm I am ready to leave.
Wow, not again! I'd gone to Autolinks on Saturday morning to get a fog lamp bulb changed - saw your car was back after extensive testing of 4x4 & thought that it would be the end of your woes!

With the kind of stuff that's been happening to you at this mileage, I'm wondering what the actual story is. It seems that the Injectors issue has surfaced on quite a few 2.2s.

What next???
Old 12th January 2009, 13:15   #412
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Pawan with all due respect an owner who is suffering on account of his vehicle is entitled to vent his frustrations out. Paying 10 big ones for a vehicle that suddenly develops these complications is not funny.

Your comments are better addressed at those who seek to derive some mileage out of his misfortune like vultures circling over a crippled animal, in this case his diseased horse.

"I told you so" is the easiest and most cost-effective piece of advice on this planet.
I agree with you Steer, All i meant was, if there is a serious trouble which is as in case of Tanveer, he should be fortunate that the Dealership is going all out in their part of service.

But i also see a a Safari kind of replies from every other members which i feel is also negative.

I better keep quite till Tanveer's Safari Comes out on top after all this, which i wish him from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited by theMAG : 12th January 2009 at 14:14. Reason: Post edited. Please stick to the topic of the thread.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:02   #413
Senior - BHPian

My sincere request lets not back up or target the way this thread is heading

No one is bashing any brand nor any car. Every vehicle has its own strength and weakness.

Its known in general Safari has lot of niggles compared with other cars which is prooved thing(debate not needed), but we can overlook this niggle by its looks/comfort/road presense and it costs 10 lac range and appears to be 15+ lac segment SUV. If we had baught Innova/Grand Vitara/Fortuner other MUV/MPV we would have not got great feeling what Safari gives.

So lets give time to TSK and TATA so his vehicle comes with smile on the face for every one. I will try to find out If there is any contact in TML so one can request for better handling on this diseased horse!!

All the best!!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:12   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Mod: Lets keep this thread objective and related to the ownership experience faced with the vehicle's problems/solutions/next-steps

Last edited by theMAG : 12th January 2009 at 14:14.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:16   #415
Senior - BHPian

I can whole heartedly empathise with what tsk is going through.

I am in a similar boat.

You spend your hard earned money on a 10 lac plus car & spend enven more on visiting the dealership / service center, not to mention the amount of time that is wasted and the mental anguish that accompanies.

For those who are not aware, more on my woes with my new mHawk
you can see what I mean
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...vlx-mhawk.html

Quote:
Its not really 5th gear related. Its easy to get service light in 4th gear. Even 3rd gear and 2nd gear can make it come, but its tough. The trick is to have rpm drop very slowly with engine braking. This happens in 5th and 4th gear.

I don't think this is the case here. The parts changed have actually failed without any ambiguity(4x4 hubs, injectors, bush). Till now the only part changed is the hubs. Bush and injectors will come later and then they also will be changed.
I am worried that some time later the ECU or some other critical component may also show fault or something. This is what worries me.

Guess what, I treat her with kid gloves. On potholed roads hatchbacks overtake me bouncing around, and I slowly take her through the bad roads. I rarely push over 2500rpm, except when doing the cat con cleaning as shown in manual.
Even in 4x4 usage, I do not negate harsh terrain. Its mostly sand. If I as much as smell rocks, I back off. Even if there is a slight risk of underbody touching I don't take her to the trail.
I idle her for over a minute after every start up, and on cold starts first 5 minutes are below 1500rpm, as I idle drive her in 1st or second gear so that the engine warms up.

Recently we spent over an hour waxing and polishing, thats why she looks brand new. Even during fog lamp fitment, I told they guy not to touch anything, and connect the fog lamps directly to battery with completely separate wiring and switch.

After I am back in feb, I plan to write to Tata, and am going to ask them to send a senior engineer to check the turbo/clutch/engine etc., and replace anything problematic before new problems come in.

Last edited by m_upreti : 12th January 2009 at 14:19.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:36   #416
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Do we really need such callous and WRONG comments here?!
Please bear in mind that he is certainly NOT trying to deliberately make things fall apart after paying hard earned money for the car! This seems to be a clear case of a lemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I can whole heartedly empathise with what tsk is going through.

I am in a similar boat.

You spend your hard earned money on a 10 lac plus car & spend enven more on visiting the dealership / service center, not to mention the amount of time that is wasted and the mental anguish that accompanies.

you can see what I mean
I dont think i was wrong in my replies here. Every car has its own share of problems along with whole set of negativities. Lets not start bashing up a brand at an opportunity.

Any updates Tanveer. I am eagerly waiting to hear what's happening to the Beast.cheers:
Old 12th January 2009, 19:40   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are they only changing the injectors and sensors ?? and not the FIP.

A typical behaviour of the common rail is to maintain the same fuel pressure under all conditions, wherein with your specific gear/ rpm diagnostic it seems that the common rail is loosing pressure under these conditions and hence the Service lamp.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:03   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
you can see what I mean
Our sympathies are with you too, but tsk's issues seem to be more serious on the whole(excepting your gear slippage). You might want to try your luck with the Mahindra Scorpio Yahoogroups where similar and much more serious issues and their solutions are discussed. If I'm not mistaken, the issue of the vehicle slipping out of gears while in motion has been discussed there before.

You can be assured that you will not find the Safari fraternity parked in your thread, stirring up things without contributing to the resolution of your issues.

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th January 2009 at 20:06.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:45   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Are they only changing the injectors and sensors ?? and not the FIP.

A typical behaviour of the common rail is to maintain the same fuel pressure under all conditions, wherein with your specific gear/ rpm diagnostic it seems that the common rail is loosing pressure under these conditions and hence the Service lamp.
Dadu, I think they are betting on injector leaks/drips being the reason for drop in manifold/rail pressure.
If this does not resolve the issue, of course they'll have to replace the FIP.
Old 12th January 2009, 22:36   #420
Team-BHP Support

The updates will now happen around 10th feb when I am back. I hope it goes away with injector replacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks