Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:36   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Tanveers Safari has undergone such Abuses which no other car would have withstood. Yes agreed he's faced troubles. But lets not get into a Safari Bashing thread.

Lets stop going off-topic. We have 200 odd Safari's on this Forum. Why make a BIG hue and cry over ONE SINGLE SAFARI

Those who are happy and satisfied with the product, We know the truth. lets enjoy.

and

Those (hardly 1 or 2) who own one and feel its a bad product....... Sorry.........! Bad luck.
Absolutely right Mr. Kadam, but saving grace is that the company has supported all through, just short of replacing the vehicle, which is an almost impossible dream here in India. But as owners, having a particular lemon hurts a wee bit more than plain bad luck.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:00   #1667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tanveers Safari has undergone such Abuses which no other car would have withstood.
No other car would have withstood? Wonder what Sudev has to say about that, he has driven twice as much in similar terrain around the same time.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:41   #1668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
No other car would have withstood? Wonder what Sudev has to say about that, he has driven twice as much in similar terrain around the same time.
Actually gypsies do these tracks regularly(army ones), and at many other tracks local vehicles like qualis and innova ply regularly.
As for abuse, people like me and sudev may go to tough terrains, but we never abuse the vehicle. We cross tricky sections much more slowly than local taxis.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:50   #1669
Distinguished - BHPian

All I can say is that each vehicle has its plus and minus points. Safari suffers from reliability issues and if the customer base gets it act together TATA can certainly deliver much better product.

Some where the feeling is that "it only happens to others" so why bother. Mostly we realise it too late and only when it happens to us. Consumers have to unite.

Reliability and trust in your vehicle goes a long way in determining VFM preposition. Gizmo's do not give VFM beyond initial "feel" good. How many of us really need - say - five way memorised seat adjustments? But reliability and economic running is most important. Not reliability with time spent in workshops but it should keep going.

I'd use the word "full use" rather than abuse. Tender loving care is constantly given to the vehicle in equal measures too.
Old 4th August 2010, 21:19   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Wow

I happened to spend 5 - 10 mins in tsk's white elephant (no pun intended) & i found it to be quiet smooth sounding and well maintained.

TSK you are really lucky to have gone to all those fantastic trips.. Cheers to your safari..
I hope now all's well.. Next destination please ->
Old 10th August 2010, 07:49   #1671
Distinguished - BHPian

Comments saar??
What is the difference of specs on export and domestic Safari? Additional spacers could be done post purchase but diff locks front rear and centre - are these standard? Excellent articulation.

http://www.youtube.com/v/o9rQILOJN0w...olor2=0xd0d0d0
Old 10th August 2010, 10:40   #1672
Team-BHP Support

I do not think export version has diff locks. Most italian safari's you see in videos are modded after purchase.
Old 10th August 2010, 10:51   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tanveers Safari has undergone such Abuses which no other car would have withstood.
Well i beg to differ here. Having followed every travelogue Tanveer has put up of the trips in his Safari, I dont see any as constituting abuse.
The Safari is designed to handle that kind of terrain with aplomb. If not, then it isnt worth its salt... and not worthy of so much discussion and debate on its mile munching and terrain handling qualities as an suv.
Abuse happens when you push a vehicle beyond its design capabilities, no proper PM or regular maintenance, use spurious spares, etc.. none of which Tanveer has done.

Tanveer's vehicle is one of the few examples on this thread which turned out as a lemon to start with.. and the blame squarely lies on TML.
Its an accepted fact by everyone on this forum that TML's QC w.r.t the Safari is definitely below par... with everyone having faced niggles at some point in their ownership, big or small.

I agree with Tanveer's rationality on TML spending a few thousand more to improve quality and reliability. However, this should not be an excuse for a price increase. Quality and reliability in todays world should be a given.

Regarding the comparison with the testing etc done on the THAR, we will have to wait and see what the final product is and at what price point. Besides, why compare a semi luxury softroader to a purpose built offroader with zero frills.
Old 10th August 2010, 13:45   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tanveers Safari has undergone such Abuses which no other car would have withstood. Yes agreed he's faced troubles. But lets not get into a Safari Bashing thread.

Lets stop going off-topic. We have 200 odd Safari's on this Forum. Why make a BIG hue and cry over ONE SINGLE SAFARI
This is actually hilarious!!

Except the 4x4 sections which take a toll on the clutch, I don't quite see the "which no other car would have withstood". Heck, most karizmas or pulsars would have withstood those with due respect.

Comments like these actually undermine Safari as a brand and discourage any honest discussion around the issues. Unless we admit that there are issues which need to be solved, nothing will change.
Old 10th August 2010, 14:01   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets stop going off-topic. We have 200 odd Safari's on this Forum. Why make a BIG hue and cry over ONE SINGLE SAFARI...
McDonald's used to have an interesting line printed on the tray liners.
Something to this effect:
We sell two million hamburgers every day but we appreciate the fact that the one you got is the ONLY ONE that matters to you!!
Old 10th August 2010, 15:56   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
McDonald's used to have an interesting line printed on the tray liners. Something to this effect: We sell two million hamburgers every day but we appreciate the fact that the one you got is the ONLY ONE that matters to you!!
Well said Anup, ask the person who gets the lemon after spending a fortune.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:23   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Well said Anup, ask the person who gets the lemon after spending a fortune.
OT: Hehehe... Ask me
QC is the culprit saved by generous warranty assements of TML.
I happen to have the second kinda lemon safari 2.2 after the 3 ltr.
Still taking it in my stride still not broken

BTW, Tanveer.. I missed out when did you get the brake oil changed ? or i didnt

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 10th August 2010 at 17:30.
Old 10th August 2010, 18:16   #1678
Team-BHP Support

I think it was around the 45K service. I get all fluids changed as mentioned in the service book.
Old 11th August 2010, 10:49   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
OT: Hehehe... Ask me
QC is the culprit saved by generous warranty assements of TML.
I happen to have the second kinda lemon safari 2.2 after the 3 ltr.
Still taking it in my stride still not broken
Great going Rahul. I had a similar lemon in the form of a Scorpio, but have been able to bring it back to an excellent shape after reaching the highest levels in M&M and replacing almost everything except the suspension, engine and shell .
Old 11th August 2010, 11:57   #1680
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This is actually hilarious!!

Except the 4x4 sections which take a toll on the clutch, I don't quite see the "which no other car would have withstood". Heck, most karizmas or pulsars would have withstood those with due respect.

Comments like these actually undermine Safari as a brand and discourage any honest discussion around the issues. Unless we admit that there are issues which need to be solved, nothing will change.
Since when did Karizma's and Pulsars become cars

2 bad Safari's out of 200+ on the forum. Take that for bashing up a brand.

You own a lemon, you are not happy, Thats it, Buy why discourage and bash up the product which 197+ members are happy with including me.

I own the product since 4 years, i like the product, and i am standing by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
McDonald's used to have an interesting line printed on the tray liners.
Something to this effect:
We sell two million hamburgers every day but we appreciate the fact that the one you got is the ONLY ONE that matters to you!!
Even McDonalds Burgers suck big time on few occasions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks