Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:28   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Eclectix dude - I am extremely sorry for what happened with you. But my only point was that it can happen to any earthly car including my swift. But the Palio is most certainly not a heavenly body. If it was was it would be not be down here but circling the earth in orbit.

And I totally understand the frustration of pushing a vehicle out of the way on a loaded traffic junction. I myself had to do it once with my esteem. Sorry for going OT on your thread.
No offense taken. Thanks for your concern. I just dint want this thread to turn into a different debate.
cheers:
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Look at the silver lining.

Many times companies refuse warranty on FP saying bad fuel is culprit.
TATA-Fiat have not caused you any heartburn on this.

The warranty replacement promptness of Tata is the best among Hyundai/Maruti etc., if the parts availability of FIAT becomes as common as Tata, it will be great. But I hope, with that the parts quality of FIAT does not become the same as parts quality of TATA.
The fuel pump is made in Italy, as is most of the vital parts in the Palio. A minority percentage of non vital parts are sourced from within India.

So, I just hope Italians make better parts.
cheers:
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
You're not alone there.

Quote:
Driving an Italian car in Thailand may not sound like a smart choice. Over the years, the Italians have proven that their cars may look great and have excellent performance, but using them in daily life is sort of a gamble - you never know when they will break down.
Check this out: Bangkok's Independent Newspaper

And this: Auto Bild TÜV Report 2008 (vozy stáří 2-3 roky): lidové Mazdy momentálně vládnou | AUTO.CZ
They are nice but their reliability sucks.

According to the 2008 TUV reliability report, the most reliable Alfa ended up on 102nd place.....

(TUV is Germany based industrial quality audit body - it's the largest institution of its kind in the world. The report is based on the percentage of serious faults a car 2-3 years old developed in the first 3 years. Data are gathered from more than 7 million cars. The minimum for a particular model is 10,000 cars)

Last edited by anupmathur : 22nd May 2008 at 10:44.
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st
The fuel pump is made in Italy, as is most of the vital parts in the Palio. So, I just hope Italians make better parts.
If so, I guess the OEM pump that your car came with would also have been Italian-made and it did fail in your case, didn't it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
But the Palio is most certainly not a heavenly body. If it was was it would be not be down here but circling the earth in orbit.
vikram, it was a sarcastic remark made by Ajay_J, and not to be taken literally.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
If so, I guess the OEM pump that your car came with would also have been Italian-made and it did fail in your case, didn't it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:15   #66
BHPian

if you want to keep your Fuel pump alive then Never Ever, Never Never, never ever , ever Never, Never ever use HIGH OCTANE Petrol....
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:21   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
if you want to keep your Fuel pump alive then Never Ever, Never Never, never ever , ever Never, Never ever use HIGH OCTANE Petrol....
On advise of fellow TBHPians and the owners manual, I've Never used high octane. I've always used normal unleaded.
Till shell shut shop, I was filling there. Now I fill at IOC on St Marks Rd (Bowring Institute).

Last edited by eclectix 1st : 22nd May 2008 at 14:22.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:37   #68
Team-BHP Support

Huh? How will high octane fuel kill the fuel pump???
Impurities like naptha/kerosene yes, but premium fuel damaging a fuel pump? Well thats a first.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:10   #69
BHPian

Latest Update

As posted earlier, the FP was supposed to have been received by Wednesday.

But yesterday I was told that the order has been placed with Fiat, Italy for the Fuel Pump and it would take a few days.

Immediately I called the GM of the dealer, from whom I bought the car. After the update, he gave me another number to call and escalate the matter.

This new guy is the GM, for Southern states at Tata Motors.

after I spoke to him, he said that he'll source the FP asap.

He offered to check with all the dealers in the country first, before he tried to speed up the consignment from Italy.

I insisted on a deadline within this week. He said he'll do his best & if he doesn't succeed, he offered a spare car for my use by the weekend till they procure the FP.

Today afternoon, he called to update me.

He's found a FP with a dealer in Chennai. As I write this its been couriered to the A_S_S here in Bangalore.

Might get back the car by Sat, after a comprehensive check up, post fitting of new FP.
cheers:
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Superb. If that's the state of Fiat, why did they even bother launching the MJD?

This is SHODDY by any standards. Customer service is no substitute for bad processes.

If the GM-South needs to personally resolve each small issue, then all the managers below him need to be fired - YESTERDAY!
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

so... nothing has really changed. Has it!!!! Its scary to be in such situations where your car just gives up. Talk to Mangesh. THings would get sorted out faster. These dealers and TATA people just take you for rides.

The issue is that unlike other manufacturers that Maruti and Hyundai, FIAT asks dealers to buy spares at the price. THey are not given credit. That is why these dealers refrain from keeping spares. DOnt really know when things would change.

Please do talk to Mangesh ad keep him posted. He is trying his best. we need to support him i think.
Old 22nd May 2008, 18:11   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
so... nothing has really changed. Has it!!!! Its scary to be in such situations where your car just gives up. Talk to Mangesh. THings would get sorted out faster. These dealers and TATA people just take you for rides.

The issue is that unlike other manufacturers that Maruti and Hyundai, FIAT asks dealers to buy spares at the price. THey are not given credit. That is why these dealers refrain from keeping spares. DOnt really know when things would change.

Please do talk to Mangesh ad keep him posted. He is trying his best. we need to support him i think.
Gemi, I mailed Mangesh at service@fiat.com 2 days ago. He has not replied till now. Meanwhile I went thru the TML hierarchy.

Last edited by eclectix 1st : 22nd May 2008 at 18:14.
Old 22nd May 2008, 18:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

I can imagine what you are going thru mate.My car has never let me down as yet touch wood and I dread the very thought of undergoing the trauma you went through.
Stile being a relatively new car in the market , a FP not in stock is the most obnoxious thing I have heard.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 22nd May 2008 at 18:48.
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:11   #74
BHPian

Parts not an issue!

hey guys,
i maintain my car with electra performance(chennai) or some of the TATA dealers at times,But here in Chennai getting parts is no issue because there is a shop in GP road which sells all FIAT parts,if not there i can get it from Concorde which has an inventory of 50 lacs for FIAT parts.So they have litertally any part i require.but this is only when your car is out of warranty.Since mine is a 7 year old Siena 1.2 things are ok,but for you the Stile 1.6 is under warranty.So things cant be helped.But in Chennai even the dealers procure parts from SM Auto Parts in GP Road.So they would got it from somewhere and finished the job.but in bangalore it looks weird.

Vignesh
1.2 Siena ELX
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:56   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Stile being a relatively new car in the market , a FP not in stock is the most obnoxious thing I have heard.

The blame rests with Tata for their stepmotherly treat of Fiat cars. Fiat India is too feebly placed in this relationship to have an effect on Tata.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks