Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 16:31   #286
Senior - BHPian

I fill when it reaches the red mark on the gauge and the low fuel indicator comes on. approximately takes 53-54 ltrs. Have filled at half tank indicator, and it took close to 40ltrs.

So, I'm not sure if I can trust the fuel guage to be 100% accurate, and I dont want to risk running the tank dry...

BTW, Dadu, any update on the cetance booster pills ?

Last edited by smsrini : 8th April 2008 at 16:32.
Old 8th April 2008, 16:35   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
No checkup is required as I am getting decent figures in the city.

Reasons:

- All AC usage (even on hills)
- 110km city driving before the trip
- The section of road covered Krishnagiri- Dharamapuri- Salem has lots of road construction going on, sometimes you have to drive behind the others at snails pace for many km's before you can overtake.
- Ghat section and hills take the toll on the FE too.

Mumbai- Pune is piece of cake.
You travelled in a region I know little about. Hence I asked. I read yr travellogue and now concurr with yr reasoning.

I however do not agree about tank to tank to measure the FE. You fill in fuel up to auto-stop from a specific fuel bunk. Travel some CONSIDERABLE distance. Then you fill in again up to auto-stop at the same fuel bunk.
Care to be taken to keep the auto filling at the same notch on the flow adjuster. Care also has to be taken to fill in at approximately the same time of the day. (temperature does make a difference on the density / specific gravity. )
Old 9th April 2008, 00:39   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Abu, what was this for ?
hi, even i do not have much idea on this, wrote what the service advisor told me. but yes, the difference can be easily felt.. with the heavy clutch system of the safari and the ever so slowly moving traffic of bangalore.

google gave off these links that seemed sensible to me
Car IQ Forums - Forums powered by CarIQ

Bleeding the clutch

anyone experienced in these procedures can make the concept easier for us to understand please
Old 9th April 2008, 01:11   #289
Team-BHP Support

ummm... you want to know what is bleeding? Basically, the concept for bleeding, whether the clutch or brake is the same. They all operate hydraulically. It is neccessarfy that there are no air bubbles entrapped in the fluid lines. Otherwise you will realize that the efficacy of the of the system goes down several notch. The clutch may not properly disengage the engine, the brakes may feel spongy etc (depending on whether we are talking clutch or brakes, i.e.).

These problems typically occur when the service guy opens the lines while performing repairs. This causes some air to enter the system. In bleeding they unscrew a bleeding nut/nipple and then apply pressure (by pumping the pedal). The fluid squirts out thus expelling the trapped air bubbles. The bleeding nipple is then tightened.

The closest example/analogy is that of a syringe. Before the nurse/doctor uses it to inject the medicinal fluid they do press the plunger and let some fluid squirt out. The logic is the same. This ensures that there are no air bubbles inside the syringe that will get injected in the patient's arteries.

Last edited by Zappo : 9th April 2008 at 01:12.
Old 9th April 2008, 10:09   #290
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to test them on level grounds i.e. in the city for a just comparison so I didnt use them on my trip, but will keep everyone updated on them once tested.

Didnt anyone notice my changed Avatar, that the chemical structure of ferrocene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
BTW, Dadu, any update on the cetance booster pills ?
I beileve that auto-stop will always fill lesser than the full tank capacity and will result in lower FE calculations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Then you fill in again up to auto-stop at the same fuel bunk.
Care to be taken to keep the auto filling at the same notch on the flow adjuster. Care also has to be taken to fill in at approximately the same time of the day. (temperature does make a difference on the density / specific gravity. )

Last edited by dadu : 9th April 2008 at 10:12.
Old 9th April 2008, 10:54   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dadu : Didnt anyone notice my changed Avatar, that the chemical structure of ferrocene..
Ain't a Chemistry forum to set off a reaction (when a avatar changes to something like that !)
Old 9th April 2008, 11:08   #292
Senior - BHPian

very true, very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ain't a Chemistry forum to set off a reaction (when a avatar changes to something like that !)
Old 9th April 2008, 11:21   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Didnt anyone notice my changed Avatar, that the chemical structure of ferrocene.
And you still insist that your Car is a Santro
Old 9th April 2008, 14:15   #294
Senior - BHPian

Do drive a santro too, once in a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
And you still insist that your Car is a Santro
Old 9th April 2008, 16:48   #295
Senior - BHPian

Does "density" has to do anything with diesel? Saw it on the pump meter/gauge.
Old 9th April 2008, 16:54   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

7 KPL!!! Man, you need to get your beast checked up. I did a 450 km trip on my 3.0 on a single lane state highway- read no long cruising stints in 5th gear- with AC on 100% and I got 13.5kpl
Quote:
No checkup is required as I am getting decent figures in the city.

Reasons:

- All AC usage (even on hills)
- 110km city driving before the trip
- The section of road covered Krishnagiri- Dharamapuri- Salem has lots of road construction going on, sometimes you have to drive behind the others at snails pace for many km's before you can overtake.
- Ghat section and hills take the toll on the FE too.

Mumbai- Pune is piece of cake.

JK, I think he already knows the answer. Today when I filled up, the fuel needle was slightly below the mid-point and it guzzled 44 ltrs

The only Correct way is to measure tank to tank.

To the OP your gas mileage still doesnt make sense since my 2.2 running on regular diesel with 100% ac in delhi rush hr traffic gives close to 13

Last edited by whatcanthisbe : 9th April 2008 at 17:13.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:11   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
still doesnt make sense my 2.2 running on regular diesel with 100% ac in delhi rush hr traffic gives close to 13
it does make perfect sense as my 3.0 L also gives 12kmpl in delhi traffic after all the abuse and its steady since last 1 year.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:13   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
it does make perfect sense as my 3.0 L also gives 12kmpl in delhi traffic after all the abuse and its steady since last 1 year.
better now ????
Old 9th April 2008, 17:17   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To the OP your gas mileage still doesnt make sense since my 2.2 running on regular diesel with 100% ac in delhi rush hr traffic gives close to 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Quote:
better now ????
Guess its all about driving style.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:33   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Guess its all about driving style.

i guess
my accent same driving style with 100% ac in delhi rush hr on normal petrol is giving me 14 kmpl - 1300 kms old

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks