Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2007, 23:25   #16
BHPian

it is very good feature surprisingly from TATA..i got confused too while taking delivery at the showroom itself..
Old 28th November 2007, 04:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. I recall you anxiously waiting on the 2.2 for months. So the wait is finally over.

Driving impressions we know, some living with the beast impressions are sought for. When is your first "reclaim"ing happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Suddenly I press the "Unlock" button on the remote and twist the key, roar....it starts.

Realize that it locks itself even if the door is left open and no key activity after sometime.

Wait for the driving experiences post after few days.

This happens with a lot of the remote lock/immobiliser. Happens on my Ikon too.
Old 28th November 2007, 09:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dadu for the new beast !!
Happy Motoring

Abhi
Old 28th November 2007, 09:59   #19
BHPian

Congrats Dadu on your new Safari.

I want to ask you and other Safari/SUV owners something, did your wives agree easily for a SUV?

I wanna buy a Safari badly, but wifey just don't like the SUV look, and is dead against it. And I don't wanna buy something, against which she has such strong feelings. So now I am deciding between Corolla and Civic :-(

\N
Old 28th November 2007, 10:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

congrats Dadu....so you finally bought the beast!!
Old 28th November 2007, 11:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks 1100D, akroy and ntomer for the wishes.

I know power ranger but it caught me off-guard, it was too new for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Congrats !! Dadu on your new beast.This is not a defect, the engine immobilizer gets activated if some inactivity is observed for some time. Just press the unlock button and it will start again
Its difficult initially, the first comment is, "its too big" even my wife was apprehensive, that time it was between Scorpio OR Safari.

But the test drive changed it all, take her for TD, show her Safari Ads, crux is too take Safari TD first and then for the sedans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I want to ask you and other Safari/SUV owners something, did your wives agree easily for a SUV?

I wanna buy a Safari badly, but wifey just don't like the SUV look, and is dead against it. And I don't wanna buy something, against which she has such strong feelings. So now I am deciding between Corolla and Civic :-(
Old 28th November 2007, 11:40   #22
BHPian

congrats on your new beast..... have fun driving it.....I too had a tough time convincing my wife.....even a TD could not convince her ...... finally we setteled for a Verna
Old 28th November 2007, 11:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Its difficult initially, the first comment is, "its too big" even my wife was apprehensive, that time it was between Scorpio OR Safari.

But the test drive changed it all, take her for TD, show her Safari Ads, crux is too take Safari TD first and then for the sedans.
We had taken Safari TD along with Civic/Corolla's. She despised Safari's interiors :-( and wasn't too impressed with exteriors either :-((

Looks like I will end-up with a Civic...

\N
Old 28th November 2007, 13:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

Congrats dadu. Months of waiting, undeciding, deciding and finally you own one now.
Old 28th November 2007, 13:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

CONGRATS Dadu!! Enjoy the Beast!!
Old 28th November 2007, 14:19   #26
BHPian

congrats dadu!!!welcome to the truckin club.
great pics
Old 29th November 2007, 14:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dadu

Congrats on becoming a proud owner of the B E A R

It is a marvel and the B E A R definitely grows on you. I hope you checked for card board sheets between the radiator and the condenser.

Quote:
Buying Experience

Crank, no start, only a click. Crank again, no start, am confused look at the ICE and door light for power(loose battery cable, turbanmans experience), no they were running.

Get out close the door, open again and get inside.

In the meantime, both the pandit and my wife look stunned, pandit asks "not starting" I reply in a faint demotivated voice, no, try the other key, no luck.

Suddenly I press the "Unlock" button on the remote and twist the key, roar....it starts.

Realize that it locks itself even if the door is left open and no key activity after sometime.

Wait for the driving experiences post after few days.
It happened to me too on the 3rd day. And keeping in mind the card board experience I too was shocked as the key was turning but there was no crank.

But before I could panic I saw the lock indicator blinking above the fuel gauge as it was night time I immediately noticed it and unlocked the car. Then with just 1/2 a crank the B E A R roared and I was off on the road making my own road......
Old 29th November 2007, 18:11   #28
BHPian

Sir DADU,

Congratz on your new truck.

I will mention your reference to Jagdeesh while I meet his end of Dec, so I could bargain for the freebies as well. However, when I spoke to him last, he only had the mud flaps & floor mat to offer.

Thanks for the inputs....do you share your real name as well???? only for reference purposes??
Old 30th November 2007, 10:15   #29
BHPian

@ harjeev,

I too have experienced this in my indigo. I feel this has got to do with the auto cop that I have installed. Earlier, my car used to start even when the "locK" was pressed in the autocop. Offlate, I have realised that it does not work, similar to your experiences that the engine does not crank. Only when I unlock it, it works.

Strange after a long time....but I could co-relate happily to your experiences too & will keep this in mind - may be for all types of vehicles...may be!!
Old 30th November 2007, 10:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sent a PM to you M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Sir DADU,

Congratz on your new truck.

I will mention your reference to Jagdeesh while I meet his end of Dec, so I could bargain for the freebies as well. However, when I spoke to him last, he only had the mud flaps & floor mat to offer.

Thanks for the inputs....do you share your real name as well???? only for reference purposes??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks