Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 17:12   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
@bp, you seriously need to switch jobs
hmmm.. but other companies would not have tolerated the number of holidays I take in a year
Old 29th November 2007, 18:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review my friend... straight from the heart
Not many have seen what this guy and his Baleno are capable of doing together (and I mean that in the nicest way possible!!). It's really something.

And to echo everyone's advice, and to repeat myself for the Nth time, pls get some upgraded tyres for her!
Old 29th November 2007, 18:33   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Very nice review my friend... straight from the heart
Not many have seen what this guy and his Baleno are capable of doing together (and I mean that in the nicest way possible!!). It's really something.
Thanks for the compliment Sir

Quote:
And to echo everyone's advice, and to repeat myself for the Nth time, pls get some upgraded tyres for her!
hmmm... dont know where to hide. thinking of logging out of tbhp till I save the the money for the upgrade.
Old 29th November 2007, 21:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Great Review. Heartfelt reviews are good to read and you love your car a lot. BlackPearl is a lucky gal. I believe love for a car mainly depends on two factors:
How much pain we take to buy/ maintain the car.
The memories/ enjoyment that the car has given us.

You experienced both with your car and made me nostalgic about my Santro. Dont sell her even if you are going onsite for long time. Changing oil at 3000-3500 kms shows that you want her to live long. Do not leave her destiny to a strangers hand. Convey my regards to her. I would rate this review as the most passionate review I have read in Team-BHP.
Old 30th November 2007, 00:50   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Great Review. Heartfelt reviews are good to read and you love your car a lot. BlackPearl is a lucky gal. I believe love for a car mainly depends on two factors:
How much pain we take to buy/ maintain the car.
The memories/ enjoyment that the car has given us.

You experienced both with your car and made me nostalgic about my Santro. Dont sell her even if you are going onsite for long time. Changing oil at 3000-3500 kms shows that you want her to live long. Do not leave her destiny to a strangers hand. Convey my regards to her. I would rate this review as the most passionate review I have read in Team-BHP.
thanks a lot PatienceWins from both of us
Old 30th November 2007, 02:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

The BlackPearl not only looks good but sounds magnificent.

You just might be the most passionate Baleno owner on this forum. Not just from your Handle or this thread... but from your other posts where you have defended the Baleno well.

Her rear may be ugly ..but she sure knows how to give you a good ride, eh?

Also - You need to PM me Elektra's number so that I can see what the offer when next in chennai.

From one Baleno owner to another.. Keep her and treat her well
Old 30th November 2007, 02:23   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
The BlackPearl not only looks good but sounds magnificent.

You just might be the most passionate Baleno owner on this forum. Not just from your Handle or this thread... but from your other posts where you have defended the Baleno well.

Her rear may be ugly ..but she sure knows how to give you a good ride, eh?

Also - You need to PM me Elektra's number so that I can see what the offer when next in chennai.

From one Baleno owner to another.. Keep her and treat her well
Thanks IronWolf for all the compliments. true that I have tried to defend the Baleno and might have gone overboard to the extent that people might call me headstrong, but I cannot blame them . Surely will keep her well. Sometimes I feel guilty when I think that a few days back I wanted to sell her . anyway thats over and no point in dragging that episode, but thanks to team-bhp once again for helping me decide to keep her...
Old 30th November 2007, 12:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

i will never sit in your car even if you buy new tyres Sunny/Amittrajit almost gave me a heart attack - wonder what will happen if i get a ride with you. arey! just joking. you gotto give me a ride oneday.

but i have seen the car in person and its one of the most well maintained cars in Kolkata - it sound very good - moves pretty well.

@ Shaved Head / Polished Dome - dont sell her - and dont even think of selling her.

the SS headers look great.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 30th November 2007 at 12:59.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:24   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i will never sit in your car even if you buy new tyres Sunny/Amittrajit almost gave me a heart attack - wonder what will happen if i get a ride with you. arey! just joking. you gotto give me a ride oneday.
no point in sitting beside me after having a ride with Sunny... you will feel that I cant drive at all

Quote:
but i have seen the car in person and its one of the most well maintained cars in Kolkata - it sound very good - moves pretty well.

@ Shaved Head / Polished Dome - dont sell her - and dont even think of selling her.

the SS headers look great.
Thanks Planet....
Old 30th November 2007, 19:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Nice review BP. And I can see how much you love your car.

BTW, isn't changing oil at 3500kms a little too much ?
For the Baleno, Maruti prescribes oil change at 10000kms. I can understand someone reducing this to 5000kms, but 3500kms is I guess a little too early. Not only does it add to the maintenance costs, but IMO it results in a non-renewable resource not being used to its full potential (a sort of wastage). Just my 2-cents.
Old 1st December 2007, 03:41   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Nice review BP. And I can see how much you love your car.

BTW, isn't changing oil at 3500kms a little too much ?
For the Baleno, Maruti prescribes oil change at 10000kms. I can understand someone reducing this to 5000kms, but 3500kms is I guess a little too early. Not only does it add to the maintenance costs, but IMO it results in a non-renewable resource not being used to its full potential (a sort of wastage). Just my 2-cents.
hmmm... good suggestion, will keep that in mind . had not thought from this point of view and your signature matches with your 2 cents
Old 1st December 2007, 03:49   #42
Team-BHP Support

FE in city measured after a long time

It has been a while since I measured the FE and mosly it has been measured after highway runs. I was not sure how much she returned in purely in-city runs. Tonight measured it and it returned 12.5 kmpl. This has been without AC and a mixture of some sedate and spirited driving. I think I should be very happy with the result. It would be great if oher Baleno owners could give a feedback.
Old 1st December 2007, 10:30   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
It has been a while since I measured the FE and mosly it has been measured after highway runs. I was not sure how much she returned in purely in-city runs. Tonight measured it and it returned 12.5 kmpl. This has been without AC and a mixture of some sedate and spirited driving. I think I should be very happy with the result. It would be great if oher Baleno owners could give a feedback.
I obtain 13-14 kpl with a/c on with about 50/50 mix in city and hwy.
Dude, the oil change interval recommended is 10000 km. You could reduce this to say 7500, but certainly no less. Save oil.
Old 1st December 2007, 12:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Which Oil are u using ?
Old 2nd December 2007, 00:17   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Which Oil are u using ?
first 2 years used ELF mineral oil and then Castrol Magnatec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks