Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 15:00   #1231
BHPian

In my case swift is driven by my father and both conditions are not there (performance and extreme cold) Tata is also pushing for synthetic now a days one of my friend got his vista serviced at 10K and they have put synthetic worth 4500 in his vista without even informing him. Similar thing happened with one of my friend with his Honda city ZX for 40K service and cost was around 2700.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:44   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitk25 View Post
In my case swift is driven by my father and both conditions are not there (performance and extreme cold) Tata is also pushing for synthetic now a days one of my friend got his vista serviced at 10K and they have put synthetic worth 4500 in his vista without even informing him. Similar thing happened with one of my friend with his Honda city ZX for 40K service and cost was around 2700.
I use Mobil Delvac MX API CI+ oil for Swift DDiS and same should be good for Fiat MJD engines. You should politely turn down request for putting synthetic in your engine and if they do put them (without your consent); please raise the same with TATA.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:27   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Tata is also pushing for synthetic now a days one of my friend got his vista serviced at 10K and they have put synthetic worth 4500 in his vista without even informing him. Similar thing happened with one of my friend with his Honda city ZX for 40K service and cost was around 2700.
For the Manza they are recommending only synthetic, not sure about Vista. But the oil quantity is only 3.2 L for the Quadrajet. One of the recommendations is the Fiat specified Selenia which is about 600 a litre. 4500 sounds too much, please recheck details. Even a Vista Tdi would take only 5.5 L and so would be Rs 3300 or so!

In Manza's case oil change is once every 20000km with synthetic.

Yes, Honda is pushing its own band of synthetic. Some dealers do allow you to continue with Minerals.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:33   #1234
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
20k kms on a synthetic oil? Are you sure about this?
Old 30th March 2010, 12:27   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
In my case I have done a replacement with 195/60/R14 tyres and the drive quality is way diffferent and good. You can also go for 195/65/R14 micheline primacy LC or BS potenza they are really good ones.
I thought primacy comes only in R15 and above. Is it availale in R14 as well?
Old 30th March 2010, 12:41   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

For the Manza they are recommending only synthetic, not sure about Vista. But the oil quantity is only 3.2 L for the Quadrajet. One of the recommendations is the Fiat specified Selenia which is about 600 a litre. 4500 sounds too much, please recheck details. Even a Vista Tdi would take only 5.5 L and so would be Rs 3300 or so!

Yes, Honda is pushing its own band of synthetic. Some dealers do allow you to continue with Minerals.
The grades and Qty is specified in the Owners Manual for Engine types. I think its API CH or higher for Tata Quadrajet & TDI engines. You could use API CH or CI oil and drain every 5k or 10k. This way your Diesel engine would be lot cleaner. You should talk to your Dealer Service for Engine Oils (Castrol,Mobil,Elf brands have API CI+) that meet the Mfr specification.

Rs 600 a litre is too cheap for it to be Synthetic .... most are in the region of 800-1200 Rs ltr at Lube Shops. At best this would be a Semi-Synthetic.

Dealer Workshops are known to push for Engine oil Brands with higher margin - So I would take their advice with pinch of salt.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:11   #1237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy81 View Post
Hi Friends

I have a Problem in my Swift VDI, I have so far clocked 21600kms and just completed 4th service, I can feel an abnormal noise while idling and when I engage the clutch noise disappears. has anyone of you come across such a problem? Is this caused by Faulty Clutch?

Please Advise.
Get it checked might be a faulty release bearing.

Quote:

I want to know weather to use synthetic oil on Swift Vdi or normal?
Confusion is fiat and tata are using synthetic in the same engine then why maruti is running on normal engine oil? Is it really good for engine life?
If you get diesel specific synthetic and dont mind spending money go for it. If not Mobil Delvac MX works wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milind View Post
The grades and Qty is specified in the Owners Manual for Engine types. I think its API CH or higher for Tata Quadrajet & TDI engines. You could use API CH or CI oil and drain every 5k or 10k. This way your Diesel engine would be lot cleaner. You should talk to your Dealer Service for Engine Oils (Castrol,Mobil,Elf brands have API CI+) that meet the Mfr specification.

Rs 600 a litre is too cheap for it to be Synthetic .... most are in the region of 800-1200 Rs ltr at Lube Shops. At best this would be a Semi-Synthetic.

Dealer Workshops are known to push for Engine oil Brands with higher margin - So I would take their advice with pinch of salt.
completely. VFM reason and peace of mind go with good diesel oils like Mobil Delvac MX. I think Mobil needs to start paying me commission for this lolz!
Old 30th March 2010, 13:15   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I thought primacy comes only in R15 and above. Is it availale in R14 as well?
I changed to Goodyear and as a suggestion I said for LC and BS... and I think you are right LC comes for 15 and above
Old 31st March 2010, 00:54   #1239
BHPian

@jaggu:isnt this sound normal.the swift diesel engine becomes little silent when the clutch is pressed. had read it somewhere ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy81 View Post
Hi Friends

I have a Problem in my Swift VDI, I have so far clocked 21600kms and just completed 4th service, I can feel an abnormal noise while idling and when I engage the clutch noise disappears. has anyone of you come across such a problem? Is this caused by Faulty Clutch?

Please Advise.

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 31st March 2010 at 00:58.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:03   #1240
Team-BHP Support

No ankit, if its just a very minor sound i can understand, this is audible only if you concentrate well and that too only in some cars. Here an abnormal noise has been mentioned, so why take a chance.
Old 31st March 2010, 20:27   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I too had the same problem with my Dzire VDi. Had mentioned the problem at 10K and they told me that the contacts were loose. TD'ed after service and everything was fine but after a couple of weeks, one of the horn would switch on and off. Reported again at 15K and they told me that one of the clips had come loose. That was fixed but the same problem reappeared after some time.
Regular problem for me every 10k or so. Already got one pair replaced under warranty. Accessing the horns for tuning is a pain. I recently found an interesting temp fix - I removed the black plastic fog lamp shroud in from of the horn and lightly squeezed the diaphragm and metal body together with my thumb and forefinger. What do you know the horn has been working great for the last 1000 kms. - don't ask me why!!

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 1st April 2010, 15:41   #1242
BHPian

2nd Service Experience

Just got my 2nd free service done with the regular oil/filter change and check up.

I had a problem where in, when i brake a bit hard (especially mornings), there used to be a sound (something like grrrrrrr...) which was quite audible. Checked with mandovi during the service and the SA said suggested to replace the brake pads which might be faulty and that maruti has sent a circular to all dealers to replace it under warranty with newer brake pads which are shipped. As it was out of stock he suggested that i come back and get it replaced.

Has anyone heard about it or has a similar problem?
Old 1st April 2010, 15:50   #1243
Team-BHP Support

Hope the sound is not from a wet brake pad in the morning? Does your car get washed everyday? and does the wash guy pour water on the wheels?
Old 1st April 2010, 15:54   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hope the sound is not from a wet brake pad in the morning? Does your car get washed everyday? and does the wash guy pour water on the wheels?
No jaggu - car gets washed twice a week and yes the wash guy pours water on the wheels to clean the tires and alloys. Would the sound be because of this? I do not hear the sound everyday, its like on and off
Old 1st April 2010, 15:57   #1245
Team-BHP Support

Wet pad in swift = krrrrr, gddddddd etc etc when abrupt braking (while about to stop) till the pads dry off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks