Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 15:50   #1111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishekkalro View Post
My car is due for 20k service in a week and also got some tinkering work to be done. But i dont think I want to go back to Wilson Garden Mandovi MASS. Could you guys please suggest the best MASS i could go to. I stay in Koramangala and the ones i know in my vicinity are Sagar Automobile in B'ghatta road and RNS in Hosur Road (incovenient).

Thanks
Go to sagar Automobiles, bannerghatta road, met service advisor, Mr.Niti Sagar, very competent guy, usually goes out of the way to satisfy customers
Old 20th January 2010, 12:09   #1112
Team-BHP Support

RNS motors Hosur you can try Manju he is quite a level headed guy and communicates well.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:14   #1113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Go to sagar Automobiles, bannerghatta road, met service advisor, Mr.Niti Sagar, very competent guy, usually goes out of the way to satisfy customers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
RNS motors Hosur you can try Manju he is quite a level headed guy and communicates well.
Thank you

Just one small clarification. My odo reads 19199 and the service indicator which usual glows and goes away in 2 secs now stays on - does this simply mean service is due?

And hey i guess my turbo has gone again coz it gives a totally flat feeling. Would the 20k service make a diff (with the filters and oils changed) ?
Old 20th January 2010, 21:17   #1114
Team-BHP Support

It means there is an error code which has been registered and you need to get the car scanned. Might be as simple blown fuse but do get it checked.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:28   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I tried regular bosh blades but unfortunately it didnt last as long as the OE blade good thing is a pair comes for 300-350 bucks where as OE they charged 270 for 1 blade! Maybe it has to do with the curved glass also that blades become ineffective.

Apparently Bosh Aerotwins come with great feedback, they are expensive but i think ill go ahead and change to those before next rainy season.
Where can I get this from? any suggested shops pls? The reason i ask is, I had a bad time during the tour of kerala last week of dec and the Wipers were struggling to work literally, what with all the fog/mist and rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishekkalro View Post
My car is due for 20k service in a week and also got some tinkering work to be done. But i dont think I want to go back to Wilson Garden Mandovi MASS. Could you guys please suggest the best MASS i could go to. I stay in Koramangala and the ones i know in my vicinity are Sagar Automobile in B'ghatta road and RNS in Hosur Road (incovenient). Thanks
Try mandovi in bannerghatta road if possible. Nothing great, but make sure you get the right kind of SA. I have had my last 2 free services done over there and didnt have any issues. I used to get into the floor and make sure they are doing all the things correctly.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd January 2010 at 18:20. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option. Thanks.
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:45   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
Thank you friends,
So I'll be doing the EGR Cleaning on my 60K service, not decided for the intercooler cleaning, even though my car lost its 'take off' kind of surge since its 10K service, Its more of a linear kind of power delivery, but comfortable.
With regular 5 days a week 90 km/day drive, FE is around 20.5 km/L with 40% city and 60% on typical Kerala State Highway.(I know, less turbo in action more will be the FE).
with regards,
Biju
Hey, I thought I'm the only one who seems to have lost the real turbo after the 10K service. Looks like there are others.
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:50   #1117
BHPian

Hi,
My Swift -D has done 35K, soon it would be time for the 40K big hole in the pocket service. I got an extended warranty, but that too would run out at 60K.
Am starting to getting worried, cause I have changed Authorized Service Cent's but am not really happy with these folks. Anybody knows any genuine garages in Pune who would take are of my car after the 60K mark.... I don't mind hanging around if that is necessary while the car gets done.
-Kartik
Old 22nd January 2010, 21:04   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Try mandovi in bannerghatta road if possible. Nothing great, but make sure you get the right kind of SA. I have had my last 2 free services done over there and didnt have any issues. I used to get into the floor and make sure they are doing all the things correctly.
+1. The right kind of SA for me @Mandovi, JPNagar has been Subodh Shetty. He keeps it as simple as possible, doesn't push for anything fancy down your throat.
Old 23rd January 2010, 08:22   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
Hi,
My Swift -D has done 35K, soon it would be time for the 40K big hole in the pocket service. I got an extended warranty, but that too would run out at 60K.
-Kartik
Kartik, to my knowledge extended warranty is for 3rd & 4th year or up to 80000 Km. please verify with your ex.warranty documents.
-Biju
Old 24th January 2010, 12:49   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
Kartik, to my knowledge extended warranty is for 3rd & 4th year or up to 80000 Km. please verify with your ex.warranty documents.
-Biju
Inital Swifts had 3rd year extended warranty only and 4th year was optional. I too have only 3rd year 60K kms extended warranty. But I feel it's sufficient as Swift is one proven reliable car. No doubt, 4th year extended warranty adds more to the peace of mind!
Old 27th January 2010, 13:41   #1121
BHPian

I hear a sound when I turn the steer wheel.the frequency of the sound has increased.Earlier it use to come on 180' turn, but now even with small turn I can hear and feel that sound of Tak in the steer wheel. There is not fixed area or postion where it makes sound.I can feel it comming from inside the cart cabin and near to the steering wheel.What could be the problem area? I took it to MASS, the service advisor told me, it could be because of worn out ends or steering damper!
Old 28th January 2010, 10:39   #1122
Team-BHP Support

Most likely its steering damper, and should go away once tightened.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:20   #1123
BHPian

Hi,
You can also ask for Shankar - SA, RNS Motors, Hosur Road. He is also good.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:01   #1124
BANNED

a very strange thing happened to my white baby. i had gone to vidyaraynapura and parked the car in an empty ground near bata (there were other cars there too). I went back after a few hrs and was shocked at what i saw - my front door was scratched. i felt like crying out loud. it looked like some naughty kid scratched all over. then i hoped across the road to a car accessories shop asking him for some rubbing polish and he told me that there were stray cow and buffaloes who came and found only my car to scratch themself on, and their horns caused the scratches !! these guys came to chase the herd off but by then the damage was done. I noticed closer and there was a dent too. Now, how will the insurers believe my story :(
Old 29th January 2010, 23:08   #1125
BHPian

hello t-bhpians
a very low screeching sound while reversing the car,comes from the area near the front tyres,while turning.though the sound is not very loud,what could it be?any suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks