Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 12:50   #916
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hey Jaggu,
Had been to Bangy last week. My AC just stopped cooling when i took out the car next morning, it was working good the previous day on my drive from Trichur to Bangy. I was surprised on this sudden development.
=================
I am happy with my experience at NEXUS and Sachin for his prompt actions. I would recommend him too guys.
Glad that it worked out well for you with Sachin.

Might be a very very minor leak, also check the body of your compressor if there is any very evident leaks, usually denoted by oil spill. See how long it holds, it can be a very minor leak from one of the pipe joint seals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
At Rs.1100/- bucks, Diesel filter is a bit too costly, even though it is a Bosch-made in Spain product.
eh i think diesel filter is 800 and not 1100.
Old 31st October 2009, 15:58   #917
BHPian

Still on the look out for the leak Jaggu, will keep this thread updated when i find it out.

Well, got the Diesel filter changed at Nexus last week. They charge it at Rs. 1070.00
Old 31st October 2009, 17:24   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i think diesel filter is 800 and not 1100.
It was Rs.800 earlier, now Maruti has hiked Diesel Filet cost to Rs.1100/-

Any idea if Diesel filter in Vista Quadrajet/Fiat Lines/Fiat Punto is the same Bosch one & what it costs ?
Old 1st November 2009, 00:02   #919
BHPian

Quote:
He he he, can understand the excitement. Happy DDISing have fun! Oh i forgot Congratzzzz!
Thanks Jaggu!

Got the car delivered friday afternoon. Experience with the dealer was quite fine, except they didnt bother much to clean the vehicle.

Getting used to diesel engine for first time. So far driven 300kms.

Changed tyre to Michelin 185/70/R14, though sai ayengar at bannerghatta road pushing for 185/65. They were saying 185/70 has some complaints.(dont know this due to complaint or they didnt have stock that time). This costed 3650 per tyre and 1300 buy back. Also got Vkool70 & k14 from infrakool.

Now few newbie questions!

1. The clitter sound @ 1800rpm is the so called diesel engine clitter or turbo whinning. This is more audible on 1,2 and 3rd gears.
2. What is the function of alarm switch on dashboard just beside fog lamp switch? Manual says, it has 3 stages like arm\disarm\trigger, whats difference between this with nippon remote locking stuff? LED on this switch kept off all the time.
3. I am trying to keep the vehicle within 1.8-2.2 RPM range on 5th gear, but speed goes to 100 range sometimes. Is this ok at this stage?
4. Is this ok to keep the vehicle swicthed on and idle for some time say like 5-10 minutes(Once I filled fulltank diesel, I forget to swicth of engine!)

So far so good with DDIS. . Thanks for your input guys.

-Raj
Old 1st November 2009, 00:10   #920
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
1. The clitter sound @ 1800rpm is the so called diesel engine clitter or turbo whinning. This is more audible on 1,2 and 3rd gears.
2. What is the function of alarm switch on dashboard just beside fog lamp switch? Manual says, it has 3 stages like arm\disarm\trigger, whats difference between this with nippon remote locking stuff? LED on this switch kept off all the time.
3. I am trying to keep the vehicle within 1.8-2.2 RPM range on 5th gear, but speed goes to 100 range sometimes. Is this ok at this stage?
4. Is this ok to keep the vehicle swicthed on and idle for some time say like 5-10 minutes(Once I filled fulltank diesel, I forget to swicth of engine!)

So far so good with DDIS. . Thanks for your input guys.

-Raj
1) Its normal and will come down as you run the car, around 5k kms and then even further by 10k kms

2) No idea, my car doesnt have one read the manual

3) No issues, once you complete 400 kms start raising rpm to 3k slowly and steadily

4) Again apart from wastage of fuel no issues whatsoever, Use IOC regular diesel for best results
Old 1st November 2009, 23:38   #921
BHPian

Dear Jaggu sir ,

I bought a Dzire Vdi silky silver color last monday. I have a swift Vdi feb 07 model also which i used for one year before giving it in office for the use of manager and i upgraded to a Honda Civic. Now i have a few doubts that i want to clear.

Whenever i release the cluch of the dzire aroung 20% of the time i get a tak kind of noise. I have heard it is common in swift or dzire diesel. Kindly advice
Secondly I want to know how much kms the car should run in one tankful to have a good FE. Thirdly I want to install pete's tuning box in the car kindly advice me after how many kms of run in before i can install one.

thanks and regards
Mohit
Old 1st November 2009, 23:39   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajswiftvdi View Post
-Raj
the switch next to fog lamps is for the central locking,can be used when you would like to open your car with the key.
the alarm will trigger once you use the key,and that switch can be used to switch the alarm off.

you can also use for different settings mentioned in the booklet.for eg switching off the chirp,activating/deactivating "shock sensor"..
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:34   #923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitmanaktala View Post
Dear Jaggu sir ,

I bought a Dzire Vdi silky silver color last monday.
=========
Thirdly I want to install pete's tuning box in the car kindly advice me after how many kms of run in before i can install one.

thanks and regards
Mohit
First thing please call me Jaggu

1) Is the sound soft thud or shart tac, if its former get it checked.

2) FE i get in city is 15-16 and on highways 22-24 depending on traffic. Fill her up, run her for 100 kms and then fill her up again and see what is the FE. Donot run the needle below 1/4 mark, to avoid moisture/muck getting into the fuel system.

3) Ideally wait for 5-10k kms so that you can rule out any other issues with the car and finish running in. Also keep in mind tuning box can void warranty, so have a game plan to disguise/disconnect them while giving for service.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd November 2009 at 12:36.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:42   #924
BHPian

A/C cabin air filter

Did my first service over the weekend (1180 odo).

Along with the oil change, they added an (MGA) A/C cabin air filter and billed me about 1300/- for it. Doesn't this filter come with the Swift when it is delivered? Is the price okay - seems rather high to me?

The service advisor also convinced me to go for a Bardahl kit for about 1200/- which contains three additives - one for the engine oil, one for the gear oil and one that you pour into the tank and supposedly helps diesel combustion! Since it was the first service I let myself get talked into this. From now on, all services will be strictly by the book

Surprisingly, though I had asked for the engine oil filter to be changed, it was not, as it is not part of the first service checklist for the diesel Swift. How big a deal is this? If I want to change it now, will I have to drain all the oil, replace the filter and then put the oil back in?

Thank you,
Amit.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:49   #925
Team-BHP Support

What cheats man !! All this on a brand new car ? Ridiculous people. Please go strictly by the book at least till 20-25k. Think of flushes and additives only after that.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:09   #926
Team-BHP Support

Amit do you have the part number for the cabin air filter? I have been searching for one of these for long.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:55   #927
BHPian

What is this Cabin Air Filter? What does it do?
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:59   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Amit do you have the part number for the cabin air filter? I have been searching for one of these for long.
Jaggu,

I will check the bill tonight and let you know the part number.

Thanks,
Amit.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:01   #929
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
What is this Cabin Air Filter? What does it do?
It sits between the external air intake and the fan and it helps in filtering the air that enters the fan, either from outside or internal air. If you check the post where i have done the DIY cleaning of ac fan its mentioned along with the picture of the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_julian View Post
Jaggu,

I will check the bill tonight and let you know the part number.

Thanks,
Amit.
Thanks Amit, then i can order it at MASS quoting the part number
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:34   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you check the post where i have done the DIY cleaning of ac fan its mentioned along with the picture of the location.
Jaggu
I checked your DIY post again, couldn't find any filter there.
You removed the AC blower fan and cleaned the unwanted stuff from it. Right ?

IMO there's no such filter in Swift DDIS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks