Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 10:54   #811
Team-BHP Support

Clean all the door switches, including boot and dicky lids. Wiring also check, especially near the accelerator pedal. The RT side door switch passes by this area, hope its not entangled somewhere.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:04   #812
Team-BHP Support

Think the after market Autocop could have something to do with it ? The system lost its voice sometime back and have called their engineer to have a look today.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:44   #813
Team-BHP Support

That must be the siren unit conking off, they will give a replacement if its under warranty. Yes they can easily check for door switch issue, but no siren doesnt have anything to do with light coming on.

As soon as the circuit is powered (when you open door / door switch not shutting off / any other leakage), the door indicator on dash will switch on, and if the cabin light is in auto mode, it will fire up.
Old 7th August 2009, 15:22   #814
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys !

Got it checked by Autocop.

- The siren unit had conked off so that was replaced under warranty.
- There was a short wire which was fixed.

So things back to normal now
Old 10th August 2009, 12:42   #815
BHPian

@Jaggu - Really need some help here.

Saw the update on pg 42 and what really interested me the comment of a waek clutch . I think I may be facing this situation . Recently (about 2 - 3 weeks) what I have noticed is that on 4th / 5th gear when I am really using the turbo after a certain point of time the car just stops pulling for a second ( You can hear the engine make a high rev noise - the noise is similar to what u would hear when you put your car in neutral and race the engine at high revs) . Then suddenly its back in the game. Its very very evident in 4th and 5th gears . Could this be a weak clutch problem ?
Old 12th August 2009, 00:02   #816
Team-BHP Support

Yup get your clutch checked, can be a problem. Slot it in gear on slight incline, release the clutch in a slightly abrupt than normal fashion and see if engine stalls, if it doesnt clutch is in its last legs.

How much have you run?
Old 12th August 2009, 08:34   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Recently (about 2 - 3 weeks) what I have noticed is that on 4th / 5th gear when I am really using the turbo after a certain point of time the car just stops pulling for a second ( You can hear the engine make a high rev noise - the noise is similar to what u would hear when you put your car in neutral and race the engine at high revs) . Then suddenly its back in the game. Its very very evident in 4th and 5th gears . Could this be a weak clutch problem ?
Yes this may be clutch. If it is during the gear change it may be due to gear not engaging properly. Anyways get the MASS check your car ASAP. You don't want to be stranded with a fried clutch do you.

This post clearly brings out the usefulness of Tachometer. With Tachometer you could clearly make out when your clutch is wearing out just by observing the RPM at a certain speed. For example at around 85 kmph I reach 2000 RPM. One will see increased/Erratic RPM at a certain speed when the clutch starts failing.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:03   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yup get your clutch checked, can be a problem. Slot it in gear on slight incline, release the clutch in a slightly abrupt than normal fashion and see if engine stalls, if it doesnt clutch is in its last legs.

How much have you run?

I think around 26K to 27k kms. I wonder why this has happened. I dont do much clutch driving also as stated in other posts. I guess I am just unlucky when it comes to car problems ! :(
Old 12th August 2009, 12:07   #819
Team-BHP Support

Get it checked first, then conclude. Maybe some clutch circuit bleed will help if its minor slip.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:23   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
I think around 26K to 27k kms. I wonder why this has happened. I dont do much clutch driving also as stated in other posts. I guess I am just unlucky when it comes to car problems ! :(
I saw a Swift Vxi (Petrol) at the garage getting the clutch replaced at 26k Kms. Oh man there was nothing left in the clutch plate. The rivets that "holds" the actual plate onto the metal assembly was even worn down.

MUL parts quality has gone down by a long way.
Just to put things in perspective my zen with 9 years and 92K kms the clutch was replaced (yes, for the very first time) few days back. It was still drivable with a very mild slipage at higher rpms.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:35   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I saw a Swift Vxi (Petrol) at the garage getting the clutch replaced at 26k Kms. Oh man there was nothing left in the clutch plate. The rivets that "holds" the actual plate onto the metal assembly was even worn down.

Just to put things in perspective my zen with 9 years and 92K kms the clutch was replaced (yes, for the very first time) few days back. It was still drivable with a very mild slipage at higher rpms.
Swift Petrol clutch has been a suspect for a while now and Maruti has not made any efforts to fix it. The Swift Diesel Clutch is much more enhanced/ robust one and is a hydraulic one. I am running on my original clutch for over 43k Kms now and it is running without any fuss. I would think it would last at least another 20 k kms.
Old 15th August 2009, 10:49   #822
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Swift Petrol clutch has been a suspect for a while now and Maruti has not made any efforts to fix it. The Swift Diesel Clutch is much more enhanced/ robust one and is a hydraulic one. I am running on my original clutch for over 43k Kms now and it is running without any fuss. I would think it would last at least another 20 k kms.
I would say maruti parts are reliable if driven correctly.We had a Maruti 1000 which we drove for 2,10,000Kms with one overhaul at 1,50,000kms and the clutch replacement was around 1,10,000 km on the odo

May it was direct suzuki engine.Ours was 1991 model
Old 17th August 2009, 11:41   #823
Senior - BHPian

How is the clutch of a Maruti 1000 comparable to one on a Swift? You can't do that. They are cars which were released ten years (more?) apart.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:37   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I would say maruti parts are reliable if driven correctly
I guess you did't get the intended meaning.
All we are trying to say is the "quality" of MUL parts have come down.

Its like, its not as good as they used to do.

You are right about the point "it has to be driven properly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I am running on my original clutch for over 43k Kms now and it is running without any fuss. I would think it would last at least another 20 k kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post

my zen with 9 years and 92K kms the clutch was replaced (yes, for the very first time) few days back. .
Old 18th August 2009, 00:45   #825
Team-BHP Support

I dont think its the quality of parts, rather the japanese manufacturing which leaves things at 100% and no buffer what so ever. It will work well for stock application originally designed, moment one tries to push it, things start wearing off fast. Yes its with almost all Jap makes, on the other hand Americans & Europeans take much more abuse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks