Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 18:35   #691
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
@Jaggu dada , snowwhite ownership . Great going . Why dont you take a day off when it is getting serviced , peace of mind .Believe me .
===
We all petrol heads are nut cases !
I would love to do it, but most of these mass gets jittery as soon as they see the owner lurking around, some even throw darn policy onto you. So if i trust a SA/service center, i tend to leave them alone, taking much pain on my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Got a 30k service done on my Swift diesel at 33k actually . I had changed the oil at 30k (3 litres of Mobil Delvac Super 1300.) Cost me 1100/- (540 for the oil and 525 - oil filter + labour)
=======
He said these were the hub nuts that had to be removed for the brake overhaul. They are punched in at the company and at the service center they have no option but to replace them it seems. Said it was std practice for the Swift.
=======
The Mobil works great. After the oil change the car felt smooth.
Drive on!!
Shibu.
Hub nuts i have a feeling the service guys are pulling a fast one, maybe it accidentally broke, when they tried to remove em, can happen due to rust et all.

Where did you get the super 1300? Difficult to come across in BLR :(
Old 20th May 2009, 00:08   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hub nuts i have a feeling the service guys are pulling a fast one, maybe it accidentally broke, when they tried to remove em, can happen due to rust et all.

Where did you get the super 1300? Difficult to come across in BLR :(
Posted a picture below of one of the replaced rear hub nut in question. Will check out if this is changed again for the next brake overhaul. Part no : 09159 - 18022. To be fair the supervisor did say that they could have perhaps use the same one but did not want to take the risk of the nut slipping.

I have not had a problem getting the Super 1300 so far the two times I've gone shopping for it. I get it from a lube shop here at Trivandrum.

Drive on,
Shibu
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-img_6370.jpg  

Last edited by shibujp : 20th May 2009 at 00:10.
Old 20th May 2009, 01:38   #693
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

shibu, just curious, why super 1300 and not MX ?

did you get it from the place in ulloor ?
Old 20th May 2009, 10:21   #694
BHPian

Quote:

I look at the positive side, maybe ill save some gas bill and find a better mech close to my house lol I didnt bother since i saw that the attitude issue was at the top and not at the front line or floor, those guys know how to keep their customers happy or atleast put the effort.

Rather the neglect and lack of awareness within the Management of the service center.
one thing you could do is fill up the feed back form in a negative way and then post it. i havent posted my feed back form yet that i had recieved after my first service.navnit motors has called me up thrice to confirm whether iv sent it. iv also recieved a feed back form by post from maruti and iv to post it back to gurgaon.iam tired of filling feed back forms
Old 20th May 2009, 11:12   #695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Posted a picture below of one of the replaced rear hub nut in question. Will check out if this is changed again for the next brake overhaul. Part no : 09159 - 18022. To be fair the supervisor did say that they could have perhaps use the same one but did not want to take the risk of the nut slipping.

I have not had a problem getting the Super 1300 so far the two times I've gone shopping for it. I get it from a lube shop here at Trivandrum.
Nope i dont have this part billed, and good that they replaced it otherwise it would have been a problem next time around. Its a small part, minimal cost dont worry too much.

In BLR finding Super is difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Delvac Super 1300 is better than MX if its rated CI+, note that this is not same as Delvac Super 1000 which is inferior to both 1300 and MX. Read the details on the can before you pay up, higher the rating better its for the DDIS.

CI+>CI>CH

Again double check can before you pay, since based on region same product will have different ratings displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
one thing you could do is fill up the feed back form in a negative way and then post it. i havent posted my feed back form yet that i had recieved after my first service.navnit motors has called me up thrice to confirm whether iv sent it. iv also recieved a feed back form by post from maruti and iv to post it back to gurgaon.iam tired of filling feed back forms
from service center, this time i was not given the form and i didnt bother. As far as i know there is no feedback form sent after the initial one by MUL. Maybe regular feedback forms for long term owners is a good idea, though it might face some operational difficulty, but ones which can definitely be managed.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:27   #696
Senior - BHPian

Mobil Delvac Super 1300 15W-40
Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40

from here( the data sheets for the indian region) , the super 1300 is API CG4, while the MX is API CI4

Last edited by greenhorn : 20th May 2009 at 11:30.
Old 20th May 2009, 11:35   #697
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mobil Delvac Super 1300 15W-40
Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40

from here( the data sheets for the indian region) , the super 1300 is API CG4, while the MX is API CI4
ECHATLY, there is a CI+ version also available, which i had come across. I understand this is standard stuff being sold abroad and hence asked to check the can
Old 20th May 2009, 11:45   #698
Senior - BHPian

I was expecting to get CI+ delvac MX when i went to the shop, and got CI rated stuff. since the mfg date was correct, didnt make an issue. Later found that only CI rated delvac MX is available here. So I expect the same for the indian spec super 1300 ( traditionally the 1300 is positioned below the MX , so )
Old 20th May 2009, 11:53   #699
Team-BHP Support

You might be correct, coz this was a 1liter can that i came across is one of the shops, couple of months back and he didnt have big cans. New MX sold abroad is CI+ but yes Mobil India might not have it.

India still is still given a second hand treatment by these companies i guess.

On the other hand if super 1300 is CG in India, the super 1000 recently launched specific for MUL is better with CH rating

Anyways am happy with MX and until if find Delvac 1, will continue with same
Old 20th May 2009, 20:36   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well - I asked for a Mobil 15W-40 diesel engine oil and was shown this at the shop. To be frank I did not pay much attention to the API rating till I read them on this thread. And the performance seemed good so I stuck with it.

I'll check out MX the next time, I guess. I buy the oils from the lube shop at pongumoodu next to the HDFC ATM. Used to use the same place for my 800 so stuck with the same guy.

@Jaggu - yep I'm okay with the replacement too. No sweat

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 20th May 2009, 20:57   #701
Senior - BHPian

yup thats the place. When I'm driving back to home , my whole sense of distance gets twisted up
Old 21st May 2009, 22:43   #702
BHPian

Quote:

I look at the positive side, maybe ill save some gas bill and find a better mech close to my house lol I didnt bother since i saw that the attitude issue was at the top and not at the front line or floor, those guys know how to keep their customers happy or atleast put the effort.
Same here sir, i am fed up trying to find a good MASS in Trichur, Had bad experience with Sitaram and Motowings also heard complaints about Sai Service in Trichur. So next time on i am planning to try getting it serviced at local "Workshaap". Well actually came across a Bosch service station review on the TV in Guruvayur. Also heard that its managed by an old man who is an expert with cars. Done 43k on my Swift now and finished my warranty period. Will do the 50k service there.

Quote:
I would love to do it, but most of these mass gets jittery as soon as they see the owner lurking around, some even throw darn policy onto you. So if i trust a SA/service center, i tend to leave them alone, taking much pain on my heart
I had the same problem with all the MASS here. Once when i got into the service bay in Sitaram motors with permission from my SA, another SA there got into a heated argument with me and started shouting at me. I directly went to the manager incharge and gave him my piece of mind and stopped goin to Sitaram.

People in MASS in Trichur dont seem to know how to be with a customer and what is customer satisfaction.
Old 24th May 2009, 15:53   #703
Team-BHP Support

ECU reset

Did a so called ECU reset procedure today.

Disconnected battery> Applied brake pedal to discharge line completely> Plugged battery back> Idled for few min> Ran the car normal and then lil spirited also.

Conclusions: No difference what so ever from start to stop So i guess unless ECU has learned something wrong, ECU reset DOESNT benefit for Swift D.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th May 2009 at 19:42.
Old 24th May 2009, 17:40   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

@Jaggu, Any reason for the attempted ECU reset ?
Quote:
Jaggu : Did a so called ECU reset procedure today.
May be we are not doing it right. I have done this on the Sumo, and even included a 15 minute disconnected break before starting the engine again. No difference seen.

Last edited by condor : 24th May 2009 at 17:41.
Old 24th May 2009, 18:26   #705
BHPian

Battery acid

Hi Jaggu

Yesterday I was trying to clean the air filter in my car and couldn't manage to open one of the screws. I took it to the service centre and even they had to take the complete air filter assembly out to get the screw off. The threads had been damaged by the battery acid as I could see white residue over it. Finally, they couldn't budge the screw and the only solution is to replace the lower half of the assembly which costs around 700 bucks.

While they were trying to remove the stuck screw I just peeped inside the engine bay and could see that the battery acid had ruined all the paint below the plate where the battery is placed. Tomorrow the car is going to MASS to get that area painted as there is substantial damage to the paint (I could see the paint flakes and the white residue all over the left hand side of the compartment).

What could be the reasson for it? Faulty battery? I doubt it can be due to topping up of the battery fluid as it was not a small area. I park my car on an incline when I am in Bangalore. Could this be the cause?
I am concerned as this problem may crop up again after getting the affected parts painted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks