Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2014, 18:26   #2911
Team-BHP Support

re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Now it's really weird, steering should be light at low speeds & heavy at high speeds but in my case it's going ulta! It's getting heavy at parking speeds & lighter at higher speeds. Any idea what's going wrong?!
Get it checked ASAP! Seems like your electric power steering is malfunctioning, this can be quite dangerous. Is the steering warning lamp coming ON on the dashboard?
Old 24th December 2014, 18:28   #2912
BHPian

re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Get it checked ASAP! Seems like your electric power steering is malfunctioning, this can be quite dangerous. Is the steering warning lamp coming ON on the dashboard?
No warning light on the dashboard. I talked to the SA of Kalyani and he told it'll be really tough to recognize the electrical malfunction if the warning lamp is not coming on in the dashboard.
I'm going out of Bangalore for couple of weeks & car will not be used during this time, so will take it to MASS the day I'm back.
Old 24th December 2014, 19:03   #2913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post

Yes SM told me that but he said if we are opening for cleaning the Injectors in that case we will open head. I dont know what he meant,
You do not need to open the head. Removing the plastic cover gives you access to injectors. Removing the head is not as simple as it sounds and should not be removed just to clean.

Quote:
What can be the repercussions?
Your engine will become noisy as hell, clatter a lot, lose pickup, mileage will reduce and in some cases engine will go bust.
Old 26th December 2014, 18:17   #2914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Guys, I'm facing a very strange problem in my Swift since yesterday. Mine is VDi run ~98K till now. Yesterday while taking a turn at very slow speed the steering became very heavy. I stopped to check, found nothing wrong restarted the car & still the steering was heavy & wasn't coming to centre position once released after taking turn. Now as the car gained speed it became normal as usual and I parked the car at my destination.

On the return journey, again on starting the car it became heavy & not coming to centre position by itself but became normal once the car started moving. Now after sometime while I was overtaking around ~70kmph, the steering suddenly became super light and felt like car will go out of control even on slightly moving the steering, but became normal on reducing the speed.

This again happened today morning while coming to office when I stopped at office gate to swipe my card, the steering became heavy & then normal after car gained momentum.

Now it's really weird, steering should be light at low speeds & heavy at high speeds but in my case it's going ulta! It's getting heavy at parking speeds & lighter at higher speeds. Any idea what's going wrong?!
Don't know how I missed your post. Check both your battery terminals. What you are experiencing happens also when the battery terminals keep losing and gaining contact. Has happened to my car twice and as a permanent solution I ended up inserting steel clips in between the battery terminal and the terminal which supplies power to the car. Has not happened after that.
Old 26th December 2014, 21:47   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
1. Do I really need to change TC though the sound is significant? Cause Maruti mentioned that we need not replace the TC and it has same life as ENGINE.
That is what I also given as my reply to SA when he has told me this in 120K. I have also downloaded the brochure from Maruti website which says so. However I decided to go ahead as this time I had gone for a different SA whom I have handed over my car multiple times and who is little more technical & does not make generic statements. He has also agreed that Maruti makes that statement that TC will not be required to be replaced for life of the car while selling the car.

He has told me there are 2 KSRTC owned Swift or Dzire DDiS which is getting serviced regularly with them which has run 500K Kms (can you believe?) with regular service and following the recommendation and serviced every 5000 Kms (not sure what is getting changed every 5K). This he has told me when I have asked about condition of my car and whether I can keep it for some more years.

Quote:
2. What can be the repercussions if I do not change the TC.
I do not think any. What my SA told me is similar that it might affect the valves if the Chain is bad.

Quote:
2. Do I need to clean or replace the injectors?
I have not been advised to do this.

Quote:
3. If I change TC will my car perform same, as it is performing now.
Yes. My car has done 2000Kms since this. 750 Kms of highway and 1750Kms of city driving. I do not see any change in performance. I am getting the same mileage figures as before (~18 in city, 20+ in highway with 100-120 kmph) all without AC. I do not see any diff in pickup or engine sound. I can see my turbo whoosh sound has come down at 2000 RPM after this service. Not sure what made that to go away. But this is also something my SA has noticed and was talking about during the test drive. I forgot.

Quote:
4. I heard once the engine is down we lose its charm. Meaning it will not be the same engine as it is before. People have also mentioned that engine starts rattling in few months’ time.
Not sure about that and why

Quote:
@blorebuddy 6k to replace TC is good but does it include labour charges as well? How is your experience post changing TC.
Yes. Chain costs 3+ and labour is 3+ If I remember correctly. I got total bill of 11K+ for 150K service including this and regular replacements of oil, air filter etc.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 11:33   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
2 KSRTC owned Swift or Dzire DDiS which is getting serviced regularly with them which has run 500K Kms (can you believe?) with regular service and following the recommendation and serviced every 5000 Kms (not sure what is getting changed every 5K).
Even I do regular servicing at 5k kms. But still facing TC noise issue.

Quote:
I do not think any. What my SA told me is similar that it might affect the valves if the Chain is bad.

Quote:
I have not been advised to do this.
Injector noise was significant and i started using SYSTEM D and the noise has reduced a lot, almost nil.
Old 30th December 2014, 15:46   #2917
BANNED

Quote:
Even I do regular servicing at 5k kms. But still facing TC noise issue.
Can you please tell me as to what is done in the service which you do every 5K kms?

Thanks,

Anurag.
Old 19th January 2015, 10:50   #2918
Team-BHP Support

Update 79800 Kms: had got the oil and filter replaced about 2 months/500 kms back and due to a sudden trip that came up decided to change the tyres too. Got the MRF ZLO 185/70/14 Stock radials (all four since i have another unused MRF as spare) and got the alignment and road force balancing done at Madhu's.

Eventually that trip had to be done in the old zen due to hostility at KA border. lol

Usage has drastically come down with the bike coming in, i forcefully take the car out once a week so that she gets some minimal running. Been doing some thinking on this and decided that its best to let her go, if i get some decent price and so before anybody points out. Yup she is for sale! http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/44371/

No am not planning on getting anything immediate, but maybe before the monsoon depending on saving might look at a second hand Thar. This would help me do some trail drives and will work as an occasional commute vehicle in city.
Old 2nd February 2015, 17:07   #2919
BHPian

Re: Swift Ignition Key?

I had given our swift VDi for body work at Mandovi body shop @ JP Nagar. On return, the ignition key is NOT working as it should be. While taking it out had issues but thought it might be one off. Now, it is happening consistently. The key doesn't move up easily, inside the lock set. The backup key works fine.

For a duplicate key, vijay alignment is quoting around 2K coz of some sensor in the key. Is this reasonable? If not, please suggest some key duplication service providers around JP Nagar/South B'lore.

Meanwhile, have raised a complaint with Mandovi. Lets see what happens out there.

Last edited by JMaruru : 2nd February 2015 at 17:16.
Old 2nd February 2015, 17:19   #2920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
For a duplicate key, vijay alignment is quoting around 2K coz of some sensor in the key.
I will suggest you to take this as an opportunity to get yourself a flippy key at a much lesser price.

The sensor of your old key will be used. For more info, please see this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...lippy-key.html
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 18:21   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I will suggest you to take this as an opportunity to get yourself a flippy key at a much lesser price.
What I have is NOT a remote key. It is the stock key, as i got from Suzuki. But they say, it has some immobilizer or some sensor embedded to recognize the lock set.
Old 4th February 2015, 12:54   #2922
Team-BHP Support

Yes Maruti's have something they refer to as icat, basically a chip embedded in the fob. This is standard with most manufacturers these days. Started with Swift D if i remember correct.
Old 16th February 2015, 12:59   #2923
Team-BHP Support

Snowie off to new owner!

So she finally left with her new owner last week, had very good memories of her and lovely car it was. Never ever let me down or even a puncture or breakdown by the road when she was with me. Was sold to direct owner and hopefully he would take care of Snowie.
Jaggu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 13:35   #2924
BHPian

Seems like the right place to post my dilemma...
I own a 2009 Swift Vdi having done about 75k on the clock (I am more of the two wheel person), & now there are a few niggles that I am facing.

1) Clutch Plate - Needs replacement, which is on my priority list. The plates apparently still might have another 2-3k kms life in them. But the drop in performance is clearly evident. I have been told that I am lucky to have had the plates last this long & still have life in them
2) Suspension - Needs replacement, become soft & spongyish now. The front has had a rather apparent drop in group clearance & the bumper makes contact with the ground rather easily on speed bumps & undulations. Apparently again, I have been lucky that they have lasted this long and still haven't given up.
3) Injectors need cleaning - diesel clatter has been there from day 1, but most times depending on acceleration, the engine sounds like a DI engine. It has been diagnosed as injector issues by the Bosch service center I go to.

So here is my dilemma, everyone around me keeps telling me, sell the car its 5 years old now & issues will start propping up. Which I believe is a total myth & unreasonable argument from their side.

I love the car, she has seen me through some really crazy road trips, fun times & sheer blasts over the years. So selling doesn't seem to be an option for me. Plus I can;t seem to find anything else in the market in its segment that will be as much fun & performance happy.

What are inputs from fellow Swift Diesel owners?
- Will she run another 1.5L KMS without showing signs of aging with continued regular maintenance?
- Will she trouble me with constant visits to the svc?

Next question
- Anyone know what are the next level of suspension available for the car? (not looking at spending a fortune on it)
- Anyone know what's a better brand of clutch plate to use for the car?
Old 11th May 2015, 00:44   #2925
BHPian

Don't think too much. I also had similar issues with my 2007 VDi. I replaced all 4 suspension + dicky shocker at MASS last year for almost 16k. My clutch is still going strong at almost 99k now. I haven't faced any major issues till now apart from coolant leaks couple of times. So don't worry your car will still last few years with you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks