Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:18   #2791
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Most prolly looks like a bearing failure.Jack up the car and rotate the wheel.At the same time place your hand on the rear axle and check if you can feel any vibrations.If yes,the bearings are shot.
Rotating the wheel itself will give away if the bearing is damaged. It will make considerable grinding noise.
Old 23rd April 2014, 22:02   #2792
Senior - BHPian

I can now feel a constant grinding noise when i am driving, irrespective of the speed. I think it is definitely some mechanical issue and not tyres. I will visit MASS soon.
Old 23rd April 2014, 22:10   #2793
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I can now feel a constant grinding noise when i am driving, irrespective of the speed. I think it is definitely some mechanical issue and not tyres. I will visit MASS soon.
No the issue is never of the tyres. If and when you drive and your getting a humm sound that increases with speed increase then the culprit is the wheel bearings.

If you're getting a grinding kind of noise could be related to brakes and the rotors. Get them checked too.

Anurag.
Old 25th April 2014, 08:45   #2794
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page

Obeserving a chudder while braking at the speeds of 90/100kmph. Not sure what is the issue. Something related to Brake pads - uneven wear??! any pointers? Planning to get it checked during next service - another 1500 kms to go.
Old 25th April 2014, 09:21   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Rotating the wheel itself will give away if the bearing is damaged. It will make considerable grinding noise.
In my case the sound was very less,but quite audible at higher speeds.I too had assumed the noise was due to my 38k run XM1's.
Old 25th April 2014, 11:19   #2796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Obeserving a chudder while braking at the speeds of 90/100kmph. Not sure what is the issue. Something related to Brake pads - uneven wear??! any pointers? Planning to get it checked during next service - another 1500 kms to go.
I suggest you do it straight away! If it's related to the brakes pads, it might also damage the disks / rotors. Why wait for 1500 kms?
Old 7th May 2014, 10:15   #2797
BHPian

Left my swift for service today and there is some issue with Suspension. THere is a visible oil leak, which I could see when the car was jacked up. Also could see leak behind the front right years. SA is advicing for suspension change. Hope its okay. The suspension issue was pointed out by my tyre guy too when he pointed out to some uneven wear in the front tyres.
Old 7th May 2014, 11:17   #2798
BHPian

I had gotten suspension work done by MASS dealer on my Dzire(Rod, bush change). Oil leak wasn't there so shockers were not replaced. But labor charges will be pretty much same. Dented me by about Rs. 5K
Old 9th May 2014, 12:00   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Left my swift for service today and there is some issue with Suspension. THere is a visible oil leak, which I could see when the car was jacked up. Also could see leak behind the front right years. SA is advicing for suspension change. Hope its okay. The suspension issue was pointed out by my tyre guy too when he pointed out to some uneven wear in the front tyres.
Update : went ahead and changed it. the bill cost me 13K (7K for suspension) and other minor consumables + labour charges.
hamster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 17:37   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Completed 140K service. It is a routine service costed 5500Rs. SA was good and did not try to sell add ons and make my wallet to reduce weight.

However following are the issues identified
1. Rusting in a coalplate or something which is coming under the water drain of front windshield. Part not available it has been ordered and will cost 900 Rs I guess
2. The above mentioned vibration while braking is due to scratches in the wheel drum. SA has asked me whether to change it to make the vibration diappear. I have asked him whether braking efficiency will come down due to this. He said no hence I have told let it be and not to replace. (replacement will cost 7000 - New drums and bearing+ labour)
3. Rear Fog lamp holder assembly is rusted hence it is not working and needs replacement - estimated cost 700Rs.

All i can get from this is my car is getting older. I am still happy with my swift as it given me a peace of mind all through these years and not thought about replacing it. So many drives, so many non-stop long journeys, day or night drives - I never had a second thought about it's reliablity. Not even a puncture and had to stop middle of a journey.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 00:34   #2801
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess I keep subscribed to this thread from nostalgia, even though I have not had the Swift for over two years now.

Whilst the Polo (1.6 petrol) beats the Swift for comfort and a smooth ride, I don't think it wins on performance.

For the engine, I would still have the Swift --- but the bodywork gave me an absurd amount of trouble.
Old 27th May 2014, 12:21   #2802
Senior - BHPian

Off late when i drive over a rough patch of road,I can hear a "kat kat" coming from the front wheel.I could also feel it on the steering wheel.What could be the reason?
Old 27th May 2014, 12:59   #2803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Off late when i drive over a rough patch of road,I can hear a "kat kat" coming from the front wheel.I could also feel it on the steering wheel.What could be the reason?
Your suspension bushes and steering bushes (?) might need to be changed. How much have you run after a suspension & steering overhaul (if you have done it)?
Old 27th May 2014, 14:36   #2804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Your suspension bushes and steering bushes (?) might need to be changed. How much have you run after a suspension & steering overhaul (if you have done it)?
Haven't done any suspension or steering overhaul.The car's done 40k till date.
Old 28th May 2014, 15:44   #2805
BHPian

Quote:
apart from shockers, rod , it could also be steering issue, in which case it will be a bigger $$ expense

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks