Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 18:11   #2701
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Hi Jaggu,

Need help on this one. My Dzire (details on the last 2 pages of this review thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...changes-8.html) has suddenly been returning a very low mileage. I used to get about 15 to 16 kmpl in Mumbai traffic with AC always. And 18 to 21 on highway, depending on speed, distance, traffic, 4 lane v/s 2 lane, stoppage, weight. I always measure mileage from a tank full to a tank full. Sticking to 2 COCO fuel stations for the last 5 years. I could almost predict the mileage at every refuel as I would know the driving I had done.

Since the last 5 refuels, I have been getting a mileage of 13.5 kmpl. And today was the limit, I got only 10.5 kmpl. I am seriously worried. Please check the maintenance update on my link. I do not want to duplicate the post. The car is running good as new. The engine note on idling is just right. I have two long drives lined up in the next 15 days. One day after, 1000 km. And another on Diwali, 5000 km.

Please help.
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:19   #2702
BANNED

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
My Dzire has suddenly been returning a very low mileage. I used to get about 15 to 16 kmpl in Mumbai traffic with AC always. And 18 to 21 on highway.

Since the last 5 refuels, I have been getting a mileage of 13.5 kmpl. And today was the limit, I got only 10.5 kmpl. I am seriously worried. Please check the maintenance update on my link.
I know it is silly but the air pressure in the tyres are correct? Looking at the maintenance schedule I have seen and seen a K&N filter addition on the car. May be that could be the culprit!

Can you tell the last five refills - Fuel quantity added as compared to the earlier fueling? I mean to say I full tank to full tank I get a consistent fill of 34-36 L at auto-lock.

Could there be any issue with the AC be drawing more power/ straining the engine?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 13:56   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
How do you find the guys at Mandovi JP Nagar/Bannerghatta Road? I had a bad experience at Bimal - BG Road during my 60K servicing. Now for the 70K servicing I am planning to check at Kalayani - BG road or Mandovi JP Nagar/BG road.
My experience with Mandovi BG road has been mixed. Nothing great. Had given my car for service once, clutch replacement and the recent issue with oil cooler. After the oil cooler replacement, I am facing slight oil leakage (couple of drops of oil a day) issue somewhere near the Oil cooler and intercooler. Not able to pinpoint the location. I plan to take the car back this weekend.

My usual preference is actually Mandovi, Wilson Garden. My family have been their customers for more than a decade and I have a good rapport with some of their SA's.

I chose Mandovi BG road as its close to my house as I did not want to drive the car for more than couple of kms after loosing considerable engine oil.
dreamdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 11:35   #2704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
My usual preference is actually Mandovi, Wilson Garden. My family have been their customers for more than a decade and I have a good rapport with some of their SA's.
I think I went by your preference even before your response
Serviced my Dzire at Mandovi - Wilson Garden, yesterday. Good experience during Check-in/Check-Out and for now it looks good. Planning to continue here for future services as well.
Old 28th October 2013, 12:09   #2705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
My 2010 swift vdi has done 31800KM on the ODO till date.I had done a "running service" at 28500KM.As per the maintenance manual the EGR and intercooler has to be cleaned at 30k. As of now the car is not showing any signs a clogged EGR (excessive smoke emmission or dud turbo boost).Should i get the EGR cleaned as I have 2 major roadtrips in Novemeber...
EGR cleaning is NOT at all required at 30K. You can have it done at 60K if there is a need! You car should be fine without it.

I suggest you go for a "general service (9 point check) for Rs. 250/-" as they will clean up the air filter and also top up any fluids if required. Suggested before a major road trip as it's already 3K after your regular service.
Old 29th October 2013, 10:18   #2706
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Jaggu,

Need help on this one.
=======
One day after, 1000 km. And another on Diwali, 5000 km.

Please help.
Hi Dushmish, Glad to see that your issue is resolved i was little tied up and just got to see the posts

Usually first check for bad FE should be the fuel station, even if its a regular one try changing and monitor the refill. Next would be to check air filter for clogging and finally a good ol mechanical service if its really due.

That reminds me its been almost 18 months and 12k kms since Snowie got a service Darn my busy life....
Old 30th October 2013, 01:37   #2707
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
That reminds me its been almost 18 months and 12k kms since Snowie got a service. Darn my busy life....
Where do you get your Snowie serviced? Is it at MASS or any friendly mechanic? Do you get it serviced every 10K kms?

Anurag.
Old 30th October 2013, 10:32   #2708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Where do you get your Snowie serviced? Is it at MASS or any friendly mechanic? Do you get it serviced every 10K kms?

Anurag.
I have been giving it to Mandovi JP nagar for last few years now. And i used to service every 5k kms, this is the first time it has gone so long without a service. Though i had replaced oil/filter and cleaned air filter at around 6-7k kms from Suraksha.
Old 1st November 2013, 13:56   #2709
BHPian

My Dzire has clocked 156000 since last few months I observed that my FE has drop down to 13 in Mumbai city. My car never delivered FE below 15 in city and 19-23 on highway. After initial check-up I found that the Air filter assembly has cracked where bolts get fitted. Due to which there was 1 inch gap between lower and upper part of the air filter box. After replacing that still there is not much improvement. Today I showed vehicle to one of the MASS Silver Belt mechanic. After inspection and readings which he took from STP he concludes that there is no issue as all the reading were in permitted limits and health of the vehicle is good. He suspect there is some issue with the air flow. He is checking that. Car is in workshop. Also after checking Service history he suggested me the following things to do in this service.

1. Change Oil filter
2. Change engine oil/ Brake oil/ gear oil.
3. EGR cleaning (last EGR cleaning was done at 101000 kms)

Also he recommended to change the Timing Chain as chain is making some noise alongwith calibration of injectors.According to him after running so much ODO chain tends to get loose and we need to replace the same. He quoted that chain replacement is steep expense as he need open the engine and once it is open all the relevant parts needs to be replace with new e.g. bushes and internal parts. He quoted injector cleaning and calibration will take 12-13k as they need to send the same to Bausch for the same. And timing chain replacement estimate will go upto 36-38k including labour. Does it cost so high. Now the question came to my mind whether I should sell this car or retain. I heard once engine is open performance of the engine goes for toss. Also there will be recurring expense once engine is down. How much it is worth to get repaired. Or shall I live with the same chain noise? Is there any other method by which the noise can disappear? Your suggestions will help me making decision.
Regarding FE he advised me after this servicing we will review and then only we will go for engine work.
Old 5th November 2013, 10:21   #2710
BHPian

Hi Swift Lovers,

I have a first generation Diesel Dzire. Awesome car! The DTE (Distance to Empty) feature that comes in the new generation Swift/Dzire is a useful feature. I have been wondering if this can be retrofitted in my car. An MID will be very helpful on long drives. It will also help in knowing and maintaining the car better. Can this be fitted in my car? Please guide.

Cheers!
D
Old 5th November 2013, 11:45   #2711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Swift Lovers,

I have a first generation Diesel Dzire. Awesome car! The DTE (Distance to Empty) feature that comes in the new generation Swift/Dzire is a useful feature. I have been wondering if this can be retrofitted in my car. An MID will be very helpful on long drives. It will also help in knowing and maintaining the car better. Can this be fitted in my car? Please guide.

Cheers!
D
My take will be a NO. I guess you will need to change your console and also ECU tweaks will be required for this. Not sure there are additional sensors in the new gen Dzire for capturing this data as well.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 11:52   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My take will be a NO. I guess you will need to
Hey SnF,

Thanks for the inputs. I think the existing OBD port gives out the data required to generate the information. I am not looking at changing the console. Just looking at an external output display device. No tinkering with the ECU. Just connect to the OBD port and see the info. Is that possible? Are there any displays like that available? Can an Android device be connected to get the information?

D
dushmish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 12:01   #2713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey SnF,

Thanks for the inputs. I think the existing OBD port gives out the data required to generate the information. I am not looking at changing the console. Just looking at an external output display device. No tinkering with the ECU. Just connect to the OBD port and see the info. Is that possible? Are there any displays like that available? Can an Android device be connected to get the information?

D
I think there are apps which can display some info from the OBD port. But I don't know the details as to what all information can be displayed. You probably can answer the rest of us once you do it.
Old 10th December 2013, 14:08   #2714
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey SnF,

D
Yes it is possible if the OBD/ECU combination supports it. I had checked the same for Crv using ELM connector and it works. Mine is an old gen DDiS and it does not work in that, but what i understand is the newer ones do work. Can display the info on any compatible mobile devices including androids.
Old 10th December 2013, 14:34   #2715
BANNED

Quote:

Hey SnF,

D
I use an ELM 327 OBD II Reader in my car (Ritz VDi 2010 model).

With this I use my Samsung galaxy S 3 on which I use Torque PRO app (Google play store - 250 Bucks).

This is the data thacars ECU gives out.

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-forumrunner_20131210_143321.png

Anurag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks