Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2012, 21:55   #2296
BANNED

Re: Services Cost to be increased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi , i usually service my swift @ CARS India and today i got a call from ABT Maruti asking to take us a offer for around 3500(Guess) for which they give me wheel alignment ,Free pick up drop,balancing ,oil top up ect as free and 50% off on labour for all service but didnt mention how long.

When i said i am happy with CARS and they also offer free pick up and drop ,the caller told the hence forth the pick us n drop is going to charged @ 150 and service cost is also going up.
If you are paying 3500, then I don't understand what is free here?

Instead if you pay 150 for pickup & drop & pay 100% labour & get balancing & oil top up done, it should cost you far far less than 3500.
Old 1st April 2012, 17:03   #2297
BANNED

Re: Services Cost to be increased?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
If you are paying 3500, then I don't understand what is free here?

Instead if you pay 150 for pickup & drop & pay 100% labour & get balancing & oil top up done, it should cost you far far less than 3500.
I was really happy with CARS India so i didnt care to hear to ABTs offer,so i cant recollect their offer
Old 1st April 2012, 17:24   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86
Alright. Just had chat with this guy. News Updates
He quoted me 4500/- for Hawk HPS Break Pads. and it is OEM direct fit. wont require any other modification.
So what is the cost of OEM maruti brake pads ? i guess it was around 1800 when i replaced it last time. Has anyone on forum tried this Hawk ? is it really worth to spend 4500/- ? PJspeed assured me that you will get far better braking than OEM one.
Need views on it.
OEM brake pads cost 1405/- at kochi. I got it changed last week during 45k service.
Old 1st April 2012, 17:42   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb
Guys,

Some advice today the check engine light came on after starting. Switched off the engine cranked it again but the light did not come on again.

Any ideas... Planning to take the car to Vitesse for a check up just in case.

Sid
So after the visit from Vitesse, it turns out one of the glow plugs had gone bust. Replaced FOC under extended warranty.
Old 17th April 2012, 09:56   #2300
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Update time! Car has done 60,000 kms and still on original brake pads and honestly am regretting. The SA has been delaying a replacement for last 20k kms saying its fine, and keep pushing it to next service. Last weekend i had made a trip to Chennai and with just four people on board the car became a nightmare to stop.

Anything over 100 kmph and the brakes are just wonky and giving a shuddering feel. Drove back at 80-100 kmph and my legs were hurting by the time i reached home. Took a look at the pads and the clearance for caliper assembly is barely couple of mm's for the right front and the left front has a nice groove on the disc. I think this calls for a complete replacement of disc and pads. Dont want to compromise on safety.

So list of job for next week:

-60k kms service with all fluid changes, maybe even belts since car is 5 years old
- Intercooler clean
- Filter change
- Rattles
- Full brake overhaul with replacement!!

Good part was full tank to 3/4 i covered Chennai to Silk Board
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:56   #2301
Senior - BHPian

Team,
My battery is showing signs of weakness.
The crank time has increased, the horns I feel are sounding a little low.

Here is the current load on the battery.
2 component speakers, 1 JBL amp and 1 sub.
100/90 headlights with relay and stock fog lamps.
Stock dual horns.
RD tuning box.

The stock exide freedom battery is now 2 yrs 3 months old.
I rarely drive in the night, but the car runs on 100 % AC and Ice.

I have checked the threads on the forum, the top two contenders seem to be
Amaron Pro DIN 74 @ 8k after exchange of old battery.
Bosch DIN 74 @ 7.9 k after exchange.

These are the prices from 2010 / 2011. Have the prices increased ?

Please suggest.
Old 23rd April 2012, 15:25   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Team,
Checked the prices with the local dealers, and the prices have gone up.
Amaron Pro Din 74 @ 9600 after exchange.
Bosch Din 74 @ 10.5 k after exchange.

Please suggest alternatives :-(
Old 24th April 2012, 11:35   #2303
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Check Panasonic have heard decent reviews about them and much more cost friendly. If you plan to keep the car for long, worth investing in good battery. If only for 1-2 years, buy the cheapest battery since almost all batteries last that long and are covered by warranty.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:20   #2304
BHPian

Guys

Facing strange issue with my 2007 Swift VDI having run 65000kms. Yesterday returning from work got stuck in a very slow moving traffic at BTM layout. Switching between 1st and 2nd gear and using half-clutch most of the time in the bumper to bumper traffic. Suddenly the car is stuck in 2nd gear and I am unable to shift to any other gear. Even after engaging the clutch completely car is still moving. I switched off the engine and started it again. Able to shift gears after that, but issue again occurred 2 more times before I safely reached home.

Today morning same thing happened once while I took the car to Mandovi Bannerghatta Road. Test drive with mechanic, he encountered the same issue. He adjusted something (place near the gear stick under the leather covering) and told me not to use half clutch and things should be fine. Drive to Office was fine without issues. Have to check if the issue reoccurs in th evening drive back home.

I feel the clutch is nearing End Of Life. But clutch play is fine and is not hard. Any thoughts on this please?
Old 25th April 2012, 18:42   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,
Checked the prices with the local dealers, and the prices have gone up.
Amaron Pro Din 74 @ 9600 after exchange.
Bosch Din 74 @ 10.5 k after exchange.

Please suggest alternatives :-(
Apparently the dealer was taking me for a ride.

Reached the Bosch Sales Manager for PUNE, got the number of a distributor for BOSCH

BOSCH DIN 74 - MRP - 11000 - 20% Discount - Rs 8800. I think i can get Rs 500 for the battery.

Jaggu,

The car is running fine for now. When i switch on the ignition, along the tools symbol,water in fuel symbol is also coming up. Both go off as soon as the engine turns ON.

Please advise about this water in fuel in symbol, why is it coming up. If there is water in the fuel really, would it stay on even after turning on the engine ?
Old 1st May 2012, 13:01   #2306
BHPian

Hi Jaggu, I have been following your thread since 2008, i bought the swift vdi in 2008 after reading your thread only.
Changed to the new dzire zdi in March, 2012, from swift vdi 2008 model, overall satisfied with the car. there are a few points i want to discus-
-There is a low frequency resonating sound, at idling, particularly when ac is running, it is not viberation, but a thrummm sound, it was not there in the older swift, anyone else observed this? or it is with my vehicle only. This sound is somewhat similar to Punto's engine boom sound, or may be it is a Fiat manufactured engine in my car.
-Can we use mineral oil, instead of synthetic oil, will it do any harm to the engine?
Old 1st May 2012, 21:53   #2307
BHPian

Re: Amaron 65 for VDi?

The battery on our VDi is dead. I have been recommended 'Amaron Din 65' for 6.7K, here in B'lore. Please advice on the battery and also on the price.

Old 1st May 2012, 22:09   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru
The battery on our VDi is dead. I have been recommended 'Amaron Din 65' for 6.7K, here in B'lore. Please advice on the battery and also on the price.

What variant is it, go or flo ?
I too am in the same dilemma
Old 1st May 2012, 23:50   #2309
BHPian

Re: Amaron 65 for VDi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What variant is it, go or flo ?
I too am in the same dilemma
I do not know anything about these variants. Could you please let me know more about this? Is the 6.7K price reasonable for Amaron 65 din in B'lore?
Old 2nd May 2012, 07:44   #2310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru

I do not know anything about these variants. Could you please let me know more about this? Is the 6.7K price reasonable for Amaron 65 din in B'lore?
I checked the amaron website, battery suggested for swift D was amaron flo, I checked with the dealer here. He suggested GO DIN 65 IIRC,with 18+ 18 for Rs 5300.
I have asked him about the FLO model suggested by the amaron website, he says he will check and get back to me.

If this doesn't work out, I will go for the Bosch Din 74, @ 8.8 k.

The cranks have started to get even more longer, I will replace my battery in a week or two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks