Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 16:02   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
However I am trying to find the sweet spot for the run inside Bangalore. Getting 16.x consistently. (Without or minimal AC)
Sir, it would be pleasure to hear about sweet spot within city. With traffic so un-predictable, its hard to stick to some speed.
I am experimenting with timings to find minimum traffic time.

I am getting 16.x with almost peak time traffic, (9AM-10AM - 1 hr drive, and 6PM-8PM 1 hr drive) 15.5 kms one way.

Let me seek help from Swift D gurus, because Jaggu's threads are un-official Swift-D knowledge base.

underbody-hit-now-oil-leaking

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th June 2008 at 16:23.
Old 11th June 2008, 17:10   #212
BHPian

Hello, I have a new Dzire Zdi (400 km ODO). What RPM/Speed limits/at what gear should be followed in the run-in period?(Is it until 1000km?). Thanks,
Old 1st July 2008, 12:58   #213
Team-BHP Support

System D

Started using System D along with Diesel, observations after 100 kms.

1) Pitter patter has gone down, almost disappeared at idle. Even certain RPM where it (pitter patter) used to increase has become muffled and almost silent.
2) Engine is smooth overall
3) Disturbing fact, but the turbo woosh/crispness of delivery has gone down :P
4) The engine response seems to be better at idle, as in blip the throttle and RPM movement is woaah, esp the way in which it returns to idle, which is conflicting with point 3.

FE, exhaust soot i havent checked and will update later.

Car has crossed 19.6 k kms and will have to be given for service, wanted to try it out before service to ensure that there in no ambiguity wrt affects of system D.

If i dont find an overall improvement i will stop using the brew and will be offering an unused can for donation in TBHP !

@saurabhb2000 Limit RPM to 3500 and do speeds which are possible with that RPM, again its not how high RPM is its how soon you reach that RPM that matters, so soft acceleration is AOK.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st July 2008 at 13:01.
Old 2nd July 2008, 03:46   #214
Senior - BHPian

Me too found the engine to be quieter with system D, and I got the best mileage with System D in tank(Though traffic conditions and my right foot had a bigger role, I guess). I would suggest using it once in a while - to clean up the injectors, if not anything else.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:15   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

@saurabhb2000 Limit RPM to 3500 and do speeds which are possible with that RPM, again its not how high RPM is its how soon you reach that RPM that matters, so soft acceleration is AOK.
Thanks Jaggu. By the way what is AOK?
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:56   #216
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Is System D available at fuel pumps or does one have to get it from the MASS.
Old 2nd July 2008, 15:15   #217
Team-BHP Support

Available at BP petrol pumps.
Old 3rd July 2008, 20:25   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
Thanks Jaggu. By the way what is AOK?
OT: Its A Ok you can read more about it here A-ok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 1st August 2008, 10:31   #219
BHPian

Hi Jaggu,

For the past 2-3 days I am finding an issue with my cabin light. In fact I am not sure how it behaved before, I just want to make sure the correct behavior of Cabin light in VDi.
In my case When I insert the key to the ignition keyhole, it switches off (actually gradually fades to a off). When I start the car it switches on for 1-2 seconds. But before, I feel like this momentary switching on was not there. Could you please tell me how it work in yours.

Abhilash
Old 1st August 2008, 10:37   #220
Senior - BHPian

I am kind of skeptical about trying out system D for my car. Also I am planning to return to good old mineral oil this time. Had enough of synthetic. I did not particularly think that it did anything great to the engine as such.

BTW Jaggu i do observe we started off more or less at the same time on this forum with the same car. but Whoooaaaa, you ve already posted a whopping 3600 times! LOL

Srik

Last edited by GeekSrik : 1st August 2008 at 10:38.
Old 1st August 2008, 10:57   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Also I am planning to return to good old mineral oil this time. Had enough of synthetic. I did not particularly think that it did anything great to the engine as such.
Srik
Never attempt such an exercise. It is a sure shot recipe for an engine overhaul. If you have already used fully synthetic oil then switching back to Mineral oil is not at all recommended. If semi-synthetic is used and that too for a short period of time then switching back to mineral may be ok.

Last edited by DieselFan : 1st August 2008 at 11:00.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:52   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

abhilash_iv... I do not think I have momentary switching on of cabin light when starting.

Maybe it has decided that you need to double check you didn't forget anything before moving off!
Old 1st August 2008, 12:02   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
abhilash_iv... I do not think I have momentary switching on of cabin light when starting.

Maybe it has decided that you need to double check you didn't forget anything before moving off!
Yes, I feel that I am experiencing it very recently only.
When I checked properly, when I turn the key from off to on, it switches on and when I start the engine it switches back off.
Old 4th August 2008, 08:16   #224
Senior - BHPian

dieselfan,

why then do the service centers dont have the same reasoning? they are saying its perfectly ok to switch back as long as engine is flushed. do you agree? my knowledge on this is limited, hence I would like to be more technically better informed.

srikanth
Old 4th August 2008, 08:19   #225
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu I just noticed that you are now also respected moderator , since when and for what section on this forum?

Most Viewed