Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 14:47   #121
Senior - BHPian

@rajdeep - I have compared the a/c to my friend's petrol swift and I felt it cooled better than mine. May have to do a grill temperature test to see if it is really working as it ought to.
Old 13th November 2007, 15:06   #122
BHPian

Actually kuttapan a/c in petrol swift cool better than diesel , the same was confirmed by the Car Salesman when i was TDing both !
Old 13th November 2007, 15:33   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Actually kuttapan a/c in petrol swift cool better than diesel , the same was confirmed by the Car Salesman when i was TDing both !
Could that be due to the possibly lesser ambient temperature (engine bay) in a petrol Swift?
Old 13th November 2007, 15:51   #124
BHPian

I have a small problem with Swift's air blower,when one turns on the air blower with out ac on the air is stale,it smell's really bad.i can't turn the blower on with out ac,but when AC is on the smell is not there...
any views on this?
Old 13th November 2007, 18:25   #125
Senior - BHPian

@Gill - I have felt the same too. While not exactly stale, the smell is not something I like.

Here is something for the Swift D owners to ponder - I was told that the fourth(paid) service is going to cost a whopping 8500 bucks or so !!
The diesel filter needs replacement and that alone costs some 3 grand !

I was in two minds - whether to go for synthetic or not at third service, called up Jaggu(keep bothering him when I have a doubt and he is ever so obliging) and found out that he was using regular oil only. It was too late to get the synthetic anyway, so I decided to stick to the regular oil and change at 5k intervals rather than 10k.

Overheard at the service bay - White is not a good color for DDiS. It seems a particular owner ruined his engine by some particularly harsh driving and the entire rear hatch of the car became black from the smoke !!!
Old 13th November 2007, 19:15   #126
BHPian

Sometimes I get a burnt smell when I start my Swift DDIS. Its always when I do a cold start in the mornings.

It smells like a combination of burnt oil+rubber. Its there for a short duration (under a minute) after which it disppears.

Any clue on what it could be ?.

Should I get it checked ?.

Regards
Ravi.
Old 14th November 2007, 09:24   #127
Senior - BHPian

IF air from AC vents are foul smelling this may be due to the fact that there is fungus built up in AC ducts. Now that the rains have stopped fungus has to go. else try using some air freshener for sometime. Cleaning of AC Vents is a permanent solution but would cost upwards of 1500 Rs.
Old 14th November 2007, 17:55   #128
BHPian

Problem with stale air from the blower

@Gill - I've been facing the same problem with stale air (it sure stinks) when only the blower is 'ON' and I end up lowering the window or turning on the AC immediately. I've got so used to it that it's now a part of my morning start-routine which goes something like this ...

1) Turn Ignition
2) Wear seatbelt
3) Crank the engine
4) Check OSVM's
5) Reverse the car
6) Turn the blower on ... *take a deep breath* ... hmm ... *satisfied grin* ... nothing like stale air to kick start a day .

This gets nasty when there are other passengers in the car though coz they have this look on their face which says 'dude, and jus what have you been eating?' ...

On a serious note, as suggested here, I think it must be some kinda fungus (with a nasty stink he! he!) which is kinda inclined towards swift's. Are you planning to clean the vents?
Old 14th November 2007, 18:35   #129
BHPian

The engine oil filter is imported and costs around Rs. 400+.
I don't think the fourth service should cost 8.5k.

BTW, in all my cars (Wagon R, Esteem, Swift), if the ac is not turned on and only the blower is turned on, I do get the stale air smell. So need to keep the windows open or allow outside air to come in (change the setting on the re-circulation knob).

The problem I have is different. I get this burnt smell when I do a cold start in the mornings.

Its nothing to do with the AC. I'm sure of that.

BTW, going to Mysore this Friday for a day in my Swift VDI along with three others.

After three weeks of city driving, itching to get back on the highway

Regards
Ravi.
Old 14th November 2007, 19:32   #130
Senior - BHPian

Engine oil filter is 400 change, but I was told that the diesel filter costs 3grand +. Can anyone check this out?
Old 15th November 2007, 08:50   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Engine oil filter is 400 change, but I was told that the diesel filter costs 3grand +. Can anyone check this out?
I think kuttappan is right. In my Indica I used to change the diesel filter also with every alternative oil changes (oil and oil filter @ every 7.5K and diesel filter @ every 15K). Keeping the same thing in mind, I asked the service guy when is the recommended diesel filter change, while doing my 10K service. He said Swift Diesel's diesel filter costs more and is not recommended to change so frequently.
Anybody here who have completed 20K n Swift D?
Old 15th November 2007, 12:48   #132
BHPian

Is an engine oil change required in second service for swift d, i had the same done in first service.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:50   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Could that be due to the possibly lesser ambient temperature (engine bay) in a petrol Swift?
That could be a cause or could it be because the petrol engines are more powerful than the diesel engines and hence have the a/c's for them designed in the same way ? Higher cooling would mean more power drawn from the engine wouldn't it ?
Old 15th November 2007, 16:23   #134
BHPian

[quote Here is something for the Swift D owners to ponder - I was told that the fourth(paid) service is going to cost a whopping 8500 bucks or so !!
The diesel filter needs replacement and that alone costs some 3 grand !
[/quote]

That was looooooong back; till Swift D's parts started flowing to the dealers!

All those covered 20K kms in less than 3months of the launch had suffered a hefty service bill!!!

The dealers didn't have filter element alone and so started changing the whole filter assembly which costs 3-3.5k!!!!!!!! But those days are gone and now the parts are plenty available with the dealers! Swift D's diesel filter element costs 450/- or so when I enquired a month back!

So cool down Swift-D owners.... and confirm this before service...!

Last edited by nikkibike : 15th November 2007 at 16:25.
Old 15th November 2007, 23:46   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd be pretty mad at the dealer if I was one of the ones who'd paid that!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks