Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2007, 21:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Well kuttapan diesel cars do have a heavier clutch then their petrol counterparts so nothing to worry about.
I always wonder what makes Diesel cars clutch is to be so hard?
Old 8th July 2007, 21:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Break... a little 'spongy' at end of pedal travel, but seems to work just fine.
My brakes are not harder at the same time it is not spongy

Quote:
Door Fit... the gaps are so big that not only leaves and dust get in... even twigs! And they all catch in the upper seal which must have been specially designed to catch them.
Even I have noticed. Door fits, boot door fits, bonnet fits..all have lot of gap. Thats how the design is

Quote:
Paint... Well, there is some, but get a scratch or a nick and you can see it is pretty thin!
I could not believe small stones striking on the fenders of the wheel removes paint

Quote:
Service... cost 823 for the oil and a sachet of wiper fluid addative.
Can you please tell me what is this wiper fluid additive? (I hope this is the one to clean the windshield.)
What is the cost and brand?
Old 8th July 2007, 21:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually.... car was in reverse gear, ignition on, engine not running.
Stupid me!
Old 9th July 2007, 08:55   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I had thought to ask my wife to drive a yard or two in reverse, but decided that, as someone who is just now taking lessons only, that would be far too dangerous!

I don't know what the additive was, there is no further description on the invoice --- but I'll find out and buy probably buy some. Hopefully it can had b the bottle rather than individual sachets. Domestic detergents, glass cleaners, etc are not ideal additives for cars.

Big gaps around doors lowers manufacturing tolerances (approximate will still fit!) and, I guess, multiplied by tens of thousands, reduces material costs). It is definately a mark of a cheap car. One might be glad of it the day you shut your finger in the car door, though! (yes... I did once, long ago).

This clutch thing must vary from car to car... mine is not at all heavy.

Maybe there might be some difference with the steering too? The vehicle I drove had absurdly light steering, was unsure I'd get used to it. This one feels like any other car power steering. Or, maybe I just got used to it!
Old 10th July 2007, 03:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Nice review, kuttappa - adi poli!

Clutch feel will be different in different cars - you will get used to yours. It doesnt really help that you go around testing clutch feel in all other cars - it isnt going to change the feel in yours.

The real issue for you is the lack of comfort in the driver's seat. I'd suggest you address this first - I think most of your other issues will seem smaller once you're comfortable in your car.
Thanks Steero ! hey, I am not going and test driving other cars to compare. I like checking out cars and since I own one, it is inevitable that I make a comparison. But I like my car for what it is - Hell, that is why I bought it in the first place.

Got the wooden bead thingy for my seat and it has improved things, but it cannot make up for the shape of the seat. I may consider changing the seats from SX4(if it fits and if it is indeed different from Swift's) if nothing works. Going to kerala this weekend, so I should know if long drives will be comfortable or not.

Does anyone here have a Service manual for the swift?
Old 10th July 2007, 03:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Well kuttapan diesel cars do have a heavier clutch then their petrol counterparts so nothing to worry about.
Yes, I am aware that the Swift D clutch is beefier than the petrol Swift(and probably the SX4) - has to handle loads of torque. I was just commenting on the lightness and the lack of feel, regardless. No worries at all.
Old 10th July 2007, 08:54   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Kuttapan, I might know a friend who might want to sell his Baleno seats. If you are interested let me know. You can't get better seats than that IMO in most Indian Cars.
Old 10th July 2007, 20:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Had a scratch on my car yday. Scraped a pilliar in the parking lot.
Old 10th July 2007, 21:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

I am not very comfortable with the driving position in my Getz. I find the seats low for my height, 6 2. Though the leg space is as good as Lancer the seats are low.
Old 10th July 2007, 21:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Had a scratch on my car yday. Scraped a pilliar in the parking lot.

After that, I went to visit a friend, security guy opens the gate, comes running around to my side(he need not have, there was another guy who was speaking to me) and bang ! - the gate comes and closes against the rear quarter panel. Left a very small dent, not very noticeable. I was expecting a bigger one. Wanted to give the guy a nice thrashing, but then left it as it was a freak accident.

Today I go to the showroom, they say they will touch it up and do it and the touch job is far more visible than the original scratch. Called up Mclaren, who suggested Psycho's friends workshop. Went there and got it done immediately. Thank you, Mclaren and Psycho.

@Mclaren - Will call you after I come back from my long drive, by then I should know whether I can live with these seats or not. Would the Swift seat covers fit the baleno seats?
Old 10th July 2007, 21:45   #41
Team-BHP Support

ouch.. you too kuttapaa!!

Touch up, do share the workshop info please, as you guys knows i also require a small job done.
Old 10th July 2007, 21:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to read about minor scratches/dent it hurts a lot I understand the situation, Good that its minor one lets hope no more scratches.

About minor touch up its better to do it outside from the place we know, I have seen many example to justify this. Service centre guys screw it big time with careless work thinking its easy one to do.

@PatienceWins About Getz I too noticed same thing except for Santro Hyundai cars have low seating, otherwise I would have baught Getz, Elantra.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 10th July 2007, 21:57   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Your welcome anyday Sir. Too bad that this had to happen. Specially when the car is just a few weeks old.

Jaggu, I directed him to Sag Racing as he wanted the painting done ASAP.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:14   #44
Team-BHP Support

thanks mclaren i shall fix up an appointment with vasu soon
Old 10th July 2007, 23:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Actually, the Showroom guys can do minor touch up as well - they did it when the fault was theirs. And did a good job of it as well. This time, touch up was done by a guy with good intentions, but zero expertise in this area. I later felt, I shouldn't have let him do it. Anyways, it is done up now, so no worries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks