Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2007, 00:15   #91
BHPian

To whomsover it may concern

Sparky had her reassurance check today.. left her off on the way to office and picked her up in the evning.

Sundaram didnt have a rim straightening machine so asked them to swap tires. After taking it from Sundarm tanked up at Shell nearby.

Mileage 10.5 kmpl .

This time it was all city traffic driving. And I shifted houses.. so some heavy stuff in the boot and about 5 people and at one time 6 adults in the car (2 in front and 4 at the back - one on lap).
donno if the ppl in the back had an issue. But Sparky didnt and pulled evenly over flyovers and stuff as if it were only me. I loved Sparky more here for pullng my entire family withut a fuss..
And this new locality has a permanent traffic jam.. so its always slow moving here.

Also maybe some free revving in the Service station in the Reassurance check could have reduced the mileage.. I dont know.. but next time i get the same figures.. Sparky needs some treatment..

In the rains the absence of rear wiper and rear defogger is telling. Me got into a wrong turn and thot I'd do a quick reverse. The whole rear screen was all fogged and all I could see where faint yellow lights.. so I backed up and heard a thud.. and angry honking... immedilately slotted to first and fled. Checked back at home and no dents or anything.. heaved a sigh of relief as I was picturing dents of various sizes on the way home..

Oh by the way.. Sundaram gave us a Chevy doll.. looks cool!! and a tara rum pum music CD..

And someone from GM Delhi called up and asked my feedback on exp in the dealership.. is GM taking things serioiusly or is this a general pracice by all vendors..

Nimz!
Old 4th August 2007, 00:51   #92
Team-BHP Support

Take sparky out for a weekend trip to Nandi hills or similar and check out the KMPL
Old 4th August 2007, 02:00   #93
BHPian

Mileage 10.5 !!! You driving SPARKY or GETZY
Old 4th August 2007, 02:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

LOL for such a small car 10.5 is atrocious under any conditions
Old 4th August 2007, 12:01   #95
BHPian

10.5 mmmm my aveo is giving more... arent you treating your sparky well she seems to be furious on you nimz
Old 4th August 2007, 15:49   #96
BHPian

well.. I dont know. Maybe I should have calculated FE before giving it to the dealers for Service.

But didnt want to give a full tanked car.. Will check again and update the currect figures under controlled test conditions unlike last time.

Nimz
Old 6th August 2007, 16:31   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
so I backed up and heard a thud.. and angry honking... immediately slotted to first and fled.
Nimz dont worry, Sparky returned low mileage this time as it was the servicing round. Even MIKE did the same to me following his visit to the service centre. Add to that the heavy loads it was subjected to and slow traffic.

Next time, i am sure you will get better results.
The part in bold italics i found amusing !!
Old 6th August 2007, 17:00   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Nimz dont worry, Sparky returned low mileage this time as it was the servicing round. Even MIKE did the same to me following his visit to the service centre. Add to that the heavy loads it was subjected to and slow traffic.
The part in bold italics i found amusing !!
That part in bold italics we found amusing. Sparky and MIKE get along real well.

Nimz, went to GM showroom here. They still dont have the car in the showroom. Says car will be available by Aug 15th only. Any idea of the launch dates for the non-metros?
Old 6th August 2007, 23:10   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That part in bold italics we found amusing. Sparky and MIKE get along real well.

Nimz, went to GM showroom here. They still dont have the car in the showroom. Says car will be available by Aug 15th only. Any idea of the launch dates for the non-metros?
Still not avl? officially the car is launched pan India. Maybe the dealer has not procured one or GM didnt have stocks to give him..

@ Ben

Thanks pal for the kind words.
Old 6th August 2007, 23:50   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Still not avl? officially the car is launched pan India. Maybe the dealer has not procured one or GM didnt have stocks to give him..
You'd be amazed at what we saw at the dealership!

An old Optra and a Tavera. Thats it. No SRV/Aveo/UVA/Spark/Magnum.

And unless i forget, there was with WagonR parked in the showroom parking space (The only car other than the above two). And all the GM executives were actively taking out the seats off this WagonR- like they were planning to fit seat cover or something. All seats of the WagonR were outside on the ground.

Or may be- they were 'studying' the competition.
Old 7th August 2007, 00:42   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
You'd be amazed at what we saw at the dealership!

An old Optra and a Tavera. Thats it. No SRV/Aveo/UVA/Spark/Magnum.

And unless i forget, there was with WagonR parked in the showroom parking space (The only car other than the above two). And all the GM executives were actively taking out the seats off this WagonR- like they were planning to fit seat cover or something. All seats of the WagonR were outside on the ground.

Or may be- they were 'studying' the competition.
Just imagining the scene.. GM execs taking apart a Wagon R and a near empty showroom..
Hear in Bangy..2-3 Sparks in crazy colours, the Magnum,Aveo, UVA all lined up..
Old 7th August 2007, 00:51   #102
BHPian

Depends on city. All metro dealers are bounded By GM to keep minimum number of cars on display as well as in stock. Low sales city might not have that boundation as company wants just presence there.

Again Depends..
Old 7th August 2007, 11:07   #103
Senior - BHPian

Spark

Guys,

Sundaram motors, Bangalore is offering a cash discount of 16K on sparky.
I managed to get 20K cash discount.

@Nimz,
Guy at sundaram was telling that sparky will be covered by sundaram insurance. From which company you got your car insured?
Did you get your ICE or not yet?
Old 7th August 2007, 11:22   #104
BHPian

@djay:

What are the OR prices at sundy for sparky PS, LS, LT?
How much are they asking for the 3 Yr free Servicing option?
Old 7th August 2007, 11:43   #105
BHPian

Crazy Driver,

GM has launched sparky in smaller town like Perinthalmanna two months back and not in Trivandrum !!!
I have test driven a sparky 2 months back when i was at my home town, from German Motors Perinthalmanna. They had UV-A,Aveo and Optra (Magnaum wasn't lauched) and 2 sparkies (White and Green) on display !!!Then one I have test driven was grey/silver.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks