Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2007, 17:30   #121
Senior - BHPian

Sat in a 2000 Lancer SFXi and i would recomend all Lancer owners not to sell their machines, the gearbox is super slick, excellent gearbox the Lancer has, one of the best in the business
Old 20th May 2007, 19:49   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Not sure the PCD would change. To my (limited) knowledge, the wheel hub remains the same even if you upgrade your brake rotors, so PCD would not change.

Recently saw it done on a Lancer is how I know , the car also had extended wheel arches & 17" alloys, well built (modified) car. Logically what you said makes sense - but I know for a fact that the rims were with a different PCD than stock Lancers !!!!!!
Old 20th May 2007, 21:49   #123
Team-BHP Support

The PCD changes not because of the brake rotor alone but also because of the entire drive shaft/suspension assembly has to be changed.

I think that's why Ricky said that.
Old 21st May 2007, 00:35   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The PCD changes not because of the brake rotor alone but also because of the entire drive shaft/suspension assembly has to be changed.

I think that's why Ricky said that.
Lol.. forgot we were discussing a Mivec transplant here
Spot on Ricky... PCD would change in this case.
But I don't think it changes for a regular upgrade to 15 inchers, say like in your car or Elf's... does it? Will be ordering 15" alloys soon myself, so was verifying.
Old 21st May 2007, 08:53   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol.. forgot we were discussing a Mivec transplant here
Spot on Ricky... PCD would change in this case.
But I don't think it changes for a regular upgrade to 15 inchers, say like in your car or Elf's... does it? Will be ordering 15" alloys soon myself, so was verifying.
You are absolutley CORRECT So 15" alloys are happening. I think the thread harmon had discussed his wheel changes will be very useful. All the best, keep us posted

Cheers
Old 21st May 2007, 12:56   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
You are absolutley CORRECT So 15" alloys are happening. I think the thread harmon had discussed his wheel changes will be very useful. All the best, keep us posted

Cheers
Oh, there's a LOT happening...
I'll probably start a "My newly Modded Lancer - 2" thread sometime in the near future
Old 22nd May 2007, 11:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, there's a LOT happening...
I'll probably start a "My newly Modded Lancer - 2" thread sometime in the near future

Hey Razor

Will look forward to the thread I guess you have a lot of varied experiance & your version of the "Newly Modded Lancer" will probably leave nothing to chance.

We're waiting !!!
Old 30th May 2007, 10:10   #128
Team-BHP Support

Update:

The low mileage was not due to the clutch as said by HM guys. After the clutch replacement I checked mileage twice and I got ~8kmpl. Approx 300kms on a full tank of fuel i.e. 40litres.

Also, When is the gearbox overhaul done? I fear that the synchros are worn out as the gears are still not working at their best.

Pick up seems to be ok but I have no idea why the mileage is so low. I have been driving sedately shifting at 2000rpm consistently.

I am sure some tuning/cleanin has to be done on the engine for the mileage to come back to normal.
Old 30th May 2007, 11:42   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, When is the gearbox overhaul done? I fear that the synchros are worn out as the gears are still not working at their best.
I think you're just being finicky here (rhymes with another word!!) I strictly don't think your car's gearbox needs an overhaul so soon unless it's been abused badly.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:43   #130
Senior - BHPian

I think you should contact Swapneel (Swapszone) from TBhp. He's done some nice mods on to his Lancer. Please let me know in case you have any issues in contacting him...Then I'll try and contact him...
Old 30th May 2007, 14:56   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure some tuning/cleanin has to be done on the engine for the mileage to come back to normal.
I'm going to be a bit lazy and not go through the whole thread, so if you've already done these, pls ignore my post

Have the basics been taken care of? Fuel injector cleaning; air filter, spark plugs, wires, ignition coil checked (& replaced if needed)?
Have you changed the engine oil recently?
Is this FE with the AC on or off? You can also get the AC serviced - clean the fins, top up the gas etc. A more efficient AC takes up less power, hence better FE.

Just some basic suggestions. If you haven't done so already, maybe u could look into these before contemplating touching the gears.
Old 7th August 2007, 22:21   #132
Team-BHP Support

Ok, long time since I updated this thread. I finally got time last week to show the car for the problem which I mentioned earlier in this thread.

This time instead of going to the morons at India garage I went to Lathangi motors.

Also, the car got bumped by an innova and the front headlight had gone into the bonnet by a few mm.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ped-twice.html (My unlucky day, Lancer bumped twice!)

So gave the car in the morning to lathangi, got a call in the evening saying the gearbox issue has been sorted out but the throttle body/injectors need to be cleaned as the car isn't idling smoothly. Told them to go ahead with it.

Next day afternoon got a call saying car was ready. Went after work to pick up the car. The car was nice and clean with the paper mats and complimentary tissue box.

Got into the car and went for a short spin and was blown away. I couldn't believe it was the same car. The car was flying and the gears whoa just 2 fingers to shift and just one single sweet clicking sound to slot in. no loose feeling and amazingly tight like a new box. Even the headlight was aligned perfectly.

I asked them the problem and they said the gears was set wrongly and the clutch wasn't bled also. The gear washers were 3 in each gear and that was unheard of. They removed them and now back to original setting. Also, the shifter near the stick was adjusted. Clutch was bled twice after replacing clutch fluid as a precautionary measure.

All in all total cost for the clutch/gear adjustment was Rs.800. The headlight alignment was another Rs.800 which the guy who hit my car has agreed to pay. I called him up saying I have the bill and he gave me his office address to come collect the money.

So am very satisfied although the Lathangi guys say that the clutch isn't very new even though it was replaced just 1500kms back. They say it's not very light but on the heavier side.

Today dad takes it foe work and calls me up as soon as he reaches saying the car feels like new and is flying. He loves the gear shift now and it's picking up smoothly from like 1400rpm.

Now time for a nice wash and 3M wax this sunday. yipppeeeeeee.
Old 7th August 2007, 23:20   #133
Senior - BHPian

Congrats vid! The solution took its time coming, but am sure it feels sweet now!
I wish we had a Lathangi motors in Cal! Let's not even get started on the HM rockstars we have here....!
Old 7th August 2007, 23:28   #134
Senior - BHPian

^^Heehee didn't I tell you Lathangi service owns .
Old 8th August 2007, 10:07   #135
Team-BHP Support

O yeah now that the car is absolutely trouble free and feels like new I'm planning on a few stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks