Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 00:23   #91
BHPian

The best part I liked was the RED colur you own. Beautiful car.
Old 4th June 2007, 01:15   #92
BHPian

oh man,sorry for that.must be a bad accident huh?
Old 4th June 2007, 01:32   #93
BHPian

pretty bad, though i was unhurt thanks to the rock solid palio.
the car hit the divider from front right side, head-on. had to steer towards divider to avoid a van that suddenly decided to turn right without any signal on a crossing. Though i was also not exactly "slow". i should have slowed down while overtaking it. Anyway its history now.
Old 4th June 2007, 01:36   #94
BHPian

thank god you are ok now dude,tell me does insurance pay for all the damages?2 lack is too much almost half of the car's value
Old 4th June 2007, 01:47   #95
BHPian

for the first 6 months, the insurance co. will bear full costs for everything except for plastic parts (you get only 50% of the value). after 6 months, there is a depreciation and you won't get total amount even on metal parts.

In my case, i will have to shell out close to 50K from my pocket as per the insurance/workshop guys. I still have to check how and why.

if the car gets totalled (damaged to the tune of 75% of car's insured value), then you get a new car!!

In my case, i could have got salvage value instead if i could get a buyer who would buy the car for a value higher than what its costing to repair, say 3L. But no one's willing to give that much, hence i have to get the car repaired.

PUG members advised me against getting the car reparied, given the extent of damage. But i can't afford to dump the car!! I guess there might be some irrepairable damage done structurally, but i have no choice!!
Old 4th June 2007, 01:54   #96
BHPian

i dont think you can find any buyer with that amount,find a local garage talk to him to write the costs of repair higher than its real for insurance company,you can save some on this way.
Old 4th June 2007, 02:00   #97
BHPian

@markiv, sorry to hear about the accident dude, hope your car is up and running asap

i am confused again, can we consider this case as bad A.S.S.? or just a failure of very rare kind? what will happen if this kind of failure occurs with a Maruti, will we get all the parts easily?
Old 29th June 2007, 17:57   #98
BHPian

Can anyone else confirm this!!!

Hi! Sorry to ask, but can anyone else confirm this from any other manufacturer?

Considering the extent of damage, my guess is that other manufacturers would have taken 1.5 to 3 months.

Since its FIAT....its much longer

One of my friend who owns an adventure, had the front bumper and headlamp replaced which took him 3 weeks. In case of Hyundai santro which I also own, it would have been 1 week!!!

Can someone else confirm!!!

Regards

Last edited by omar1310 : 29th June 2007 at 17:58. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 29th June 2007, 18:19   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Hi! Sorry to ask, but can anyone else confirm this from any other manufacturer?
Considering the extent of damage, my guess is that other manufacturers would have taken 1.5 to 3 months.

Since its FIAT....its much longer

One of my friend who owns an adventure, had the front bumper and headlamp replaced which took him 3 weeks. In case of Hyundai santro which I also own, it would have been 1 week!!!
Can someone else confirm!!!
I dunno much about other manufacturers but if you see the problem that Samurai faced which is not usual to occur, Maruti did a splendid job in getting the problem addressed and it took less than 1 month to fix. I wonder why Mark has to wait this long. Dont they fit blocks on cars that they manufacture! Weird and lousy I must say but at the same time Omar, bumpers and headlights are always in stock atleast with the service center I go to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks