Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2022, 13:55   #16
BHPian

Re: 2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk

I owned a second-hand carbon 2007 Honda accord 2.4. Loved every bit of it. The engine is silky smooth. The torque converter AT is nice. The usual issue, the ones you already have re-iterated is a perennial steering pump issue, inadequate high beam, non-availability of USB. I drove it for more than 1 lakh k.m and the experience was wonderful, for some reason I couldn't find it breaks awe-inspiring. Please keep a watch on the ATF levels, start from stop and car set to 'D' and yet no crawl or diminished crawl is a telltale sign of something up with AT of the car, usually low levels of ATF. I lost my beloved 2007 carbon Honda accord for ATF issues as I forget to keep a watch on ATF levels.

I currently own a 2008 White second-hand Honda Accord 2.4
ritedhawan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 11:38   #17
BHPian

Hi,

Always a pleasure reading through these experiences so thank you for sharing.

Bumping this up since my query resonates with the first few lines of this thread - I’m from a different vintage compared to the average Team BHP member (I was one of the youngest members here when I joined in 2007 in 7th standard). Cut to now, my generation grew up ogling at the Accord’s and Octavia’s from afar. Now that I’m in the market for my first car, I can’t even think of plonking money into any of the new age crop (this is just a matter of personal preference, no offence to anyone but whatever happened to gold old sedans?). I can’t think beyond getting a well- kept Accord / Civic. (Leaving out the Octavia for obvious reasons)

Coming to where I am today - I’ve found one in my city that I like and seems to fit the bill. But I request guidance on the following areas:

1. This is the 2013 AT 2.4L version. Any negatives on the AT from a long term reliability perspective?

2. Does anyone have a trusted mechanic in Bengaluru that could help me assess the car better and help take care of it in the long term? I understand it’s a used car and is going to come with its own set of niggles. Idea is to just know them beforehand as much as possible and have someone trusted that helps take the headache out of it.

Thanks in advance

PS: The pre 2008 Accord has always been closer to the heart for how fresh it looks even today. But it becomes too old for a pre-owned option and misses out on the kit that the next gen Accord had (especially the 6 airbags) and hence I’ve been on the lookout for the 2011-13 Accord.

Last edited by esteemer : 7th May 2023 at 11:41.
Old 8th May 2023, 17:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer View Post
Hi,

Now that I’m in the market for my first car, I can’t even think of plonking money into any of the new age crop (this is just a matter of personal preference, no offence to anyone but whatever happened to gold old sedans?). I can’t think beyond getting a well- kept Accord / Civic.

1. This is the 2013 AT 2.4L version. Any negatives on the AT from a long term reliability perspective?

2. Does anyone have a trusted mechanic in Bengaluru that could help me assess the car better and help take care of it in the long term? I understand it’s a used car and is going to come with its own set of niggles. Idea is to just know them beforehand as much as possible and have someone trusted that helps take the headache out of it.

Thanks in advance

PS: The pre 2008 Accord has always been closer to the heart for how fresh it looks even today. But it becomes too old for a pre-owned option and misses out on the kit that the next gen Accord had (especially the 6 airbags) and hence I’ve been on the lookout for the 2011-13 Accord.
Nice that you are looking at the 2013 Accord 2.4L AT as a prospective buy. However, as the first car, I hope you are aware that due to its dimensions, it takes some skill to manuever this vehicle whether its city driving or highway.

I can answer the first query, The AT of this vehicle is reliable only if you meet the owners manual when it comes to AT fluid replacements and that is all this AT requires.

The second query can be answered by 'vigsom'

As I type this reply, I would like to inform you that my 2008 Honda Accord 2.4L AT has entered 15th year of ownership and my sole point when it comes to procuring parts has been Boodmo. However, lately I have been disappointed with them. I am finding it difficult to get air\oil\cabin filter from them and my last order placed with them for the same is still pending 2 months down the line. As ASS is not an option for me and even though I live in NCR region. I would have to visit New Delhi to search for these basic maintenance parts.

Therefore, before the purchase do make a point of getting hold of someone who can not only help you service the car but can help in procurement of parts.
Old 14th June 2024, 00:57   #19
CSA
BHPian

2007 Honda Accord Revived after being abused by 4 Owners

Hello to users and readers of Team Bhp.

I purchased a 2007 Facelifted 7th Generation Honda Accord in January 2021 from its 4th owner and at that time said car was registered in New Delhi, after 1 year in January 2022 my car was de registered by Delhi RTO authorities because of 15 year ban on petrol cars.

I live in Aligarh Uttar Pradesh and said car was also driven in Aligarh so it was not much of a concern for me but when I took my car to another state while it was de registered I was scared. What if? Some police man or traffic inspector checks my cars registration certificate. Thankfully nothing happened and I came back to my hometown after driving this car for 5 to 6 days.

Now I was very uncertain about this car as I cannot drive this car with full freedom on road because at any time my car can be impounded and my hard earned blood and sweat I invested in this car can be multiplied by zero by any Police or Traffic Inpector
on duty.

I was heartbroken because I cannot drive my car legally. From July 2022 till January 2024 my car was parked most of the time and I drove it illegally in my city and near by areas. I drove my car for around 10000 kms during this period.

Now comes my stubbornness to save my investment.

In November 2023 I applied for issuing NOC from Delhi (DL 3C) to Kasganj Uttar Pradesh (UP87). Getting NOC from Delhi was seriously very difficult as I live in Aligarh and I do not have time to go to Delhi again and again but somehow I managed to get NOC without visiting Delhi RTO even once. I got approval in January 2024 and got my car registered in Kasganj Uttar Pradesh where 15 year rule is not applicable as of now. After paying Taxes and Re Registration fees I got my car Registered.

Finally After 2 years of stress and sadness of owning a healthy De Registered vehicle I was happy and now I can invest more money in minor Repairs and enjoy what I missed for past 2 years.

Now my 2007 Honda Accord is even more healthier and registered for Non National Capital Region use.
In June 2024 I took my car for a road trip of around 1900 Kms on roads of Himachal Pradesh fully loaded with 1 driver (me) and 4 passengers, boot space 90 percent loaded.

After waiting for two and a half year of stress for a de registered vehicle I finally achieved remarkable experience and enjoyment from a 17 year old vehicle which was launched in 2003 when I was just 11 years old. This old Japanese 166 Horse Power vehicle is so good even today. I hope all Honda Accord owners like me feel same for there car.

I am driving this Honda Accord since 2021 and like every car it has its advantages and disadvantages.

First there are advantages according to my experience :
1- Reliability Factor of Made in Japan parts. This car never broke till now road side.
2- K24A4 engine is a cheap version of performance oriented K24 engine family but it's good mixture of 166 Horse Power and fuel efficiency. If it's performance oriented it will not return fuel efficiency of 10-12 Km/L.
3- The Double Wishbone front Suspension and Rear 5 Link Suspension combined makes this car glide effortlessly and sometimes it feels like car is riding over air Suspension over general or extreme damaged roads of India. Front Double Wishbone Suspension is also rare to find now a days in luxury sedan car of lower price segment I am not sure about BMW 5 Series and E Class but Double Wishbone is non existing in 3 Series and C Class Cars. Every one is using McPherson Setup for cost cutting.
4- Cost cutting in this car is very minimum at the time of its manufacturing. Door Garnishes and Beading are made of stainless steel instead of plastic coated chrome straps.
5- Having a low ground clearance of 155mm this car is stubborn on rough roads it is very rare I touched Underbody of this car over rocks and speed bumps. Thanks to its excellent Suspension setup.
6- Rear Seat comfort is so good and spacious for 3 Rear passengers.
7- Vtec Engagement is at 3500rpm. It's a family sedan upto 3500 rpm and after that it can be turned into a powerful family sedan.
8- Steering Feedback is excellent.
9- 2007 Facelifted model is different from Rear side and looks better and best than it's pre Facelifted model, I also feel I am driving a rare car which was in production and sale for just 1 year.
10- Air Conditioning is powerful. Air discharge from vents is very high. Recently I cleaned its evaporator coil after 17 years of service. I was surprised to find the size or evaporator coil is a close match to Radiator size of Maruti 800 or Wagon R in size.
11- Power Adjustable Driver seat can be adjusted 8 ways. Plus Lumbar Adjustment.
12- Tyre size is common to Type 1 Innova so Tyre Replacement is cheaper and there are plenty of options and I replaced my tyres with Yokohama Earth

Disadvantages according to me.
1- Parts Availability is major issue.
2- Engine is comfort oriented instead of performance oriented.
3- Hydraulic Power Steering will always leak at some point.
4- Parts are expensive because of inventory costs associated with old vehicle parts.
5- Low Beam Headlight is not effective.
6- Music System and Air Conditioning controls are integrated to one unit so Replacement of music system is very difficult. I have installed another music system parallel with car speakers.

Thank a lot for reading my experience.

Here are some pictures of my cars.
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-img_9108.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-img_0395.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20231104_165123.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20231104_165101.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20231104_165111.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20231104_165050.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240218_142930.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-2b02da195b6a4ab4ac4a498e05c0050d.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-6090d03ccaa24eaca89cace2f50a8d32.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240610_180900.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240610_180858.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240610_115334.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240605_161222.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240605_161215.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240604_191214.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240604_191217.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240604_191202.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240404_130222.jpg  

2007 Honda Accord AT : Smooth as silk-20240610_102229.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th June 2024 at 08:42. Reason: Adding some paragraph spacing for readability....
CSA is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 09:59   #20
BHPian

Used to love this version of the accord, felt it was very modern for it's time even now. But your car's body really needs some attention. Lots of scratches and the roof looks bad. Hope it gets the TLC it deserves.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 12:28   #21
BHPian

Wow, what a beautiful piece of machine. Please share the interior pics if possible. Hats off to you for holding on to this version of Accord.
Highh5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 22:09   #22

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: 2007 Honda Accord Revived after being abused by 4 Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSA View Post
I get you. I have a 2005 Baleno and i have to cry to find parts for it. But you don't get to see a lot of what you drive, so it's all worth it at the end.
yshvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 22:21   #23
CSA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Used to love this version of the accord, felt it was very modern for it's time even now. But your car's body really needs some attention. Lots of scratches and the roof looks bad. Hope it gets the TLC it deserves.
Thanks.
Yes it's body and paintwork is shouting repair me. I stopped maintaining this car for a year so it is what it was 3 years ago.
My priority is to repair internal critical parts after that I will repair its body and paintwork soon.
It's paintwork has zero thickness of clear coat and after repeated Polishing and compounding of paint over its age base coat is also close to zero.
In 2 to 3 months I will get its body and paintwork a full restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Wow, what a beautiful piece of machine. Please share the interior pics if possible. Hats off to you for holding on to this version of Accord.
Thank you.
I will post Interior pictures.

Last edited by bblost : 18th June 2024 at 23:08. Reason: back to back.
CSA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 14:21   #24
BHPian

Could you please share your experience & steps on getting NOC from Delhi?
You did it online, or via an agent?
Did you have to pay any fine as there was a gap of 4 years?

I'm also thinking to get NOC of my de-registered car from UP-Ghaziabad, and this will help a lot !!!
manub22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 11:00   #25
CSA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manub22 View Post
Could you please share your experience & steps on getting NOC from Delhi?
You did it online, or via an agent?
Did you have to pay any fine as there was a gap of 4 years?

I'm also thinking to get NOC of my de-registered car from UP-Ghaziabad, and this will help a lot !!!
I applied for NOC via an agent. No fine was applied on my vehicle. I paid re registration charges and road tax. Road tax percentage was 25% of total road tax paid at the time of new vehicle registration.
CSA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 20:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hello to users and readers of Team Bhp.

I purchased a 2007 Facelifted 7th Generation Honda Accord in January 2021 from its 4th owner and at that time said car was registered in New Delhi, after 1 year in January 2022 my car was de registered by Delhi RTO authorities because of 15 year ban on petrol cars.

I live in Aligarh Uttar Pradesh and said car was also driven in Aligarh so it was not much of a concern for me but when I took my car to another state while it was de registered I was scared. What if? Some police man or traffic inspector checks my cars registration certificate. Thankfully nothing happened and I came back to my hometown after driving this car for 5 to 6 days.

Now I was very uncertain about this car as I cannot drive this car with full freedom on road because at any time my car can be impounded and my hard earned blood and sweat I invested in this car can be multiplied by zero by any Police or Traffic Inpector
on duty.

I was heartbroken because I cannot drive my car legally. From July 2022 till January 2024 my car was parked most of the time and I drove it illegally in my city and near by areas. I drove my car for around 10000 kms during this period.

Now comes my stubbornness to save my investment.

In November 2023 I applied for issuing NOC from Delhi (DL 3C) to Kasganj Uttar Pradesh (UP87). Getting NOC from Delhi was seriously very difficult as I live in Aligarh and I do not have time to go to Delhi again and again but somehow I managed to get NOC without visiting Delhi RTO even once. I got approval in January 2024 and got my car registered in Kasganj Uttar Pradesh where 15 year rule is not applicable as of now. After paying Taxes and Re Registration fees I got my car Registered.

Finally After 2 years of stress and sadness of owning a healthy De Registered vehicle I was happy and now I can invest more money in minor Repairs and enjoy what I missed for past 2 years.

Now my 2007 Honda Accord is even more healthier and registered for Non National Capital Region use.
In June 2024 I took my car for a road trip of around 1900 Kms on roads of Himachal Pradesh fully loaded with 1 driver (me) and 4 passengers, boot space 90 percent loaded.

After waiting for two and a half year of stress for a de registered vehicle I finally achieved remarkable experience and enjoyment from a 17 year old vehicle which was launched in 2003 when I was just 11 years old. This old Japanese 166 Horse Power vehicle is so good even today. I hope all Honda Accord owners like me feel same for there car.

I am driving this Honda Accord since 2021 and like every car it has its advantages and disadvantages.

First there are advantages according to my experience :
1- Reliability Factor of Made in Japan parts. This car never broke till now road side.
2- K24A4 engine is a cheap version of performance oriented K24 engine family but it's good mixture of 166 Horse Power and fuel efficiency. If it's performance oriented it will not return fuel efficiency of 10-12 Km/L.
3- The Double Wishbone front Suspension and Rear 5 Link Suspension combined makes this car glide effortlessly and sometimes it feels like car is riding over air Suspension over general or extreme damaged roads of India. Front Double Wishbone Suspension is also rare to find now a days in luxury sedan car of lower price segment I am not sure about BMW 5 Series and E Class but Double Wishbone is non existing in 3 Series and C Class Cars. Every one is using McPherson Setup for cost cutting.
4- Cost cutting in this car is very minimum at the time of its manufacturing. Door Garnishes and Beading are made of stainless steel instead of plastic coated chrome straps.
5- Having a low ground clearance of 155mm this car is stubborn on rough roads it is very rare I touched Underbody of this car over rocks and speed bumps. Thanks to its excellent Suspension setup.
6- Rear Seat comfort is so good and spacious for 3 Rear passengers.
7- Vtec Engagement is at 3500rpm. It's a family sedan upto 3500 rpm and after that it can be turned into a powerful family sedan.
8- Steering Feedback is excellent.
9- 2007 Facelifted model is different from Rear side and looks better and best than it's pre Facelifted model, I also feel I am driving a rare car which was in production and sale for just 1 year.
10- Air Conditioning is powerful. Air discharge from vents is very high. Recently I cleaned its evaporator coil after 17 years of service. I was surprised to find the size or evaporator coil is a close match to Radiator size of Maruti 800 or Wagon R in size.
11- Power Adjustable Driver seat can be adjusted 8 ways. Plus Lumbar Adjustment.
12- Tyre size is common to Type 1 Innova so Tyre Replacement is cheaper and there are plenty of options and I replaced my tyres with Yokohama Earth

Disadvantages according to me.
2- Engine is comfort oriented instead of performance oriented.
3- Hydraulic Power Steering will always leak at some point.
4- Parts are expensive because of inventory costs associated with old vehicle parts.
5- Low Beam Headlight is not effective.
6- Music System and Air Conditioning controls are integrated to one unit so Replacement of music system is very difficult. I have installed another music system parallel with car speakers.

Thank a lot for reading my experience.

Hey there! Congratulations on finally unlocking this incredible machine. I have a Black accord just like yours although a 2006 model with the V6 engine. It’s an absolutely fantastic car and i love everything about it. I hope you have many happy miles with this machine. Cheers!
ImportedLlama is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 21:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
What a fantastic steed! These older Jap cars are true gems indeed! Pls share some interior pics too.
SithDefender is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks