Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2007, 07:14   #961
Senior - BHPian

Even if you change filter to green (Which is not recommended by Maruti) the warranty would be void.
Old 6th October 2007, 12:15   #962
BHPian

I too have a swift DDIS, some body told me once that synthetic oil does not work well in our weather condition......does anybody know anything about this....I too am interested in changing to Mobil 1.
Old 6th October 2007, 16:34   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too have a swift DDIS, some body told me once that synthetic oil does not work well in our weather condition......does anybody know anything about this....I too am interested in changing to Mobil 1.
As far as i know there is no such issues with synthetic. I am changing to Mobil1 on wednesday.

Quote:
Even if you change filter to green (Which is not recommended by Maruti) the warranty would be void.
Maruti themselves use Green for oil filter, however if you know your dealer well then no warranty issues.
Old 10th October 2007, 09:26   #964
BHPian

I am facing two probelms in my LDi :-

1) I turn the ignition on the first time . nothing happens just a "click". So i turn it off and on it the second time the engine cranks up in a jiffy . this happens only when the engine is shut off for more than 7-8 mins. Wat the hell is happening ?

2) Constant problem with engaging the reverse gear , it falls in the slot only after 3- 4 attempts sometimes , my second service is due next month , do i get it fixed then or do i let it be as it is ?

Edit : just went to the parking lot the problem seems to have aggravated the engine was not cranking in the third or fourth attempts just a click sound ( I think of the spark plug).So after turning the ignition on I waited for 5-6 seconds and then cranked the engine the engine started , what could be the problem ? Sulphur deposits, spark plug problems ?

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 10th October 2007 at 09:37.
Old 10th October 2007, 11:04   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

No spark plug is diesel engines.
It must be your battery...
Old 10th October 2007, 11:23   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a weird problem in my viva crdi. When i start from cold ( either in morning or while going back home from office) the first few kms ( upto 3-4km) i notice that when i slot the gear in 1st and press accelarator, no response and then immediately slot to 2nd and it moves a bit ahead and then press accelarator and no response, so i slot to 3rd and car lurches foward at great speed even without accelaration.

Above saga goes on for 3-4kms and then the car becomes absolutely smooth. I drive 20km each way to work. My 3rd service is due in a weeks time so waiting to get everything resolved at a time.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Old 10th October 2007, 11:39   #967
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post

1) I turn the ignition on the first time . nothing happens just a "click". So i turn it off and on it the second time the engine cranks up in a jiffy . this happens only when the engine is shut off for more than 7-8 mins. Wat the hell is happening ?
I faced a similar problem with my Ikon. In my case this happened but I ignored. then one fine day the car refused to crank at the petrol pump and just didnt start even after a lot of trials.

I called up the ford helpline and explained the situation to the guy. He told me that it looked like a defective ignition switch and would cost approx a 1000 bucks.

As I was speaking to them, the car cranked and I drove it home. The next day, my brother took it to the service station who adjusted the switch. Its working fine now.

Hope it helps.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:26   #968
BHPian

Quote:

Also get the starter solenoid checked. I had a similar problem in my zen and it was found to be the starter solenoid.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:31   #969
BHPian

Ok now the problem seems to have been rectified, been to the parking lot every 75 to 80 mins or so after my post and tried starting the car is cranking at one go, it seems to be the starter problem at present!!
Old 10th October 2007, 12:34   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have a weird problem in my viva crdi. When i start from cold ( either in morning or while going back home from office) the first few kms ( upto 3-4km) i notice that when i slot the gear in 1st and press accelarator, no response and then immediately slot to 2nd and it moves a bit ahead and then press accelarator and no response, so i slot to 3rd and car lurches foward at great speed even without accelaration.

Above saga goes on for 3-4kms and then the car becomes absolutely smooth. I drive 20km each way to work. My 3rd service is due in a weeks time so waiting to get everything resolved at a time.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Mobike i dunnow but i face this problem sometimes with a difference however. Sometime when I am driving at a low speed and then switch to a higher gear the car automatically increases the speed without any accelerator being pressed . Funny isnt it . However no problems in first gear, second gear or whatsoever

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 10th October 2007 at 12:35.
Old 10th October 2007, 13:48   #971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mobike i dunnow but i face this problem sometimes with a difference however. Sometime when I am driving at a low speed and then switch to a higher gear the car automatically increases the speed without any accelerator being pressed . Funny isnt it . However no problems in first gear, second gear or whatsoever
What your experiencing is absolutely normal. Its that ways with all diesel cars as their gear ratios are tuned in such a way that you slot to higher gear the car lurches forward without having to press the gas. High torque of diesel cars also help here to a large extent to ensure you are cruising at lower speeds in higher gears.
Old 10th October 2007, 14:23   #972
BHPian

Nah . the problem still there the car did not start in the first go, i think I will stop fiddling with it and take it to the repair shop , there goes my mood for the week !!!!
Old 10th October 2007, 14:53   #973
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nah . the problem still there the car did not start in the first go, i think I will stop fiddling with it and take it to the repair shop , there goes my mood for the week !!!!
Dont worry dude, its nothing major.. the worst will be your ignition switch will be replaced. But I think a slight adjustment will solve the problem.

All the best.
Old 10th October 2007, 16:11   #974
BHPian

Warranty will not be void with a change in air filter. Checked with my dealer and he confirmed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Old 10th October 2007, 16:57   #975
BHPian

Worst of all lucks, many workshops here are already closed for the pujas and are not accepting bookings !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks