Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 14:05   #946
Senior - BHPian

No idea about this problem. tBHPians would have known about it if it was serious and widespread. Still, we need to be on the lookout.

My car has also done 8k kms, no niggles at the moment.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:26   #947
Team-BHP Support

same here no probs with injector so far. hoax?
Old 27th September 2007, 12:04   #948
BHPian

Fe

Jaggu saar, after changing to IOC regular, the FE has dropped considerably. I don even get 16 kmpl on highways. With Shell, albeit the noise, I was getting better FE...around 18 on highways. What could be the reason? Well, I can only attribute this to my driving. I was very conservative in driving. Also, the engine noise is just terrible. Feels more like an indicab. I am very annoyed. Guys, can anyone tell me, how to reduce the noise and improve FE ?
Old 27th September 2007, 12:50   #949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Jaggu saar, after changing to IOC regular, the FE has dropped considerably. I don even get 16 kmpl on highways. With Shell, albeit the noise, I was getting better FE...around 18 on highways. What could be the reason? Well, I can only attribute this to my driving. I was very conservative in driving. Also, the engine noise is just terrible. Feels more like an indicab. I am very annoyed. Guys, can anyone tell me, how to reduce the noise and improve FE ?
Its opposite for me. After changing to IOC regular, my FE is jumping up to the sky. Keep experimenting with the different diesel and settle for the one that fits your requirement the best, even if that means a bit lesser FE.
Old 27th September 2007, 13:26   #950
Team-BHP Support

Check with another filling station first, if then also the issue is there, go back to Shell, what else do i say

for me IOC works, like people all cars have some characteristics, why mess with it.
Old 27th September 2007, 13:31   #951
Senior - BHPian

If IOC Doesn't give good mileage try HP. I am getting very good mileage on HP diesel and the noise levels are comparable with IOC and much lower than Shell.
Old 27th September 2007, 15:29   #952

iiiiiii am really jealous.. got a swift petrol and the diesel drives like a dream

congrats to everyone who got this gem
Old 28th September 2007, 00:34   #953
BHPian

I too had the issue with the reverse gear not engaging properly.
But slowly with time it decreased and i too got used to slotting it properly.

I avoided teflon coating during purchase but later when small scratches started showing up i went in for 3M teflon coating. It more or less covered up small scratches in the first application and i have 2 more free applications after 3 and 6 months of the first.

I too had an FE of 17 in city. This month i made an effort to drive constantly at 60 KM/H as far as possible and never exceeded that other than an occasional overtaking.
To my surprise it returned an FE of 18.88 for about 600 KMS within Trivandrum city limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyronrocks View Post
Hey guys!!
My vdi has done 3000 now. Giving me a FE of 17 in city driving. No issues with the as such, just that sometimes its does not easily shift to the reverse gear. Is that fine.

My car is red in color and some scratches have started showing up here and there.At the last service the dealer suggested me a teflon coat for some 2.7k. Is it worth? And also should i get the car's under body coated( some kind of rubber coating, I am not sure)? as i am planning to keep the car for 4 years at least.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:19   #954
Senior - BHPian

I have been using HP normal diesel for a while now,fuel efficiency is comparable to Shell, maybe a tad bit more. Tried turbojet, FE went down, so switched back to HP normal.

I wish I could stick to 60kph, I tried and failed. Whats the fun in driving the DDiS without sampling the turbo?
Old 29th September 2007, 14:50   #955
Team-BHP Support

finally issue resolved, went to hosur road as usual they tried to reset by disconnecting power, didnt work. Then they confessed that the machine hasnt been fixed!!!

Asked who is the contact person in Yeswanthpur, 1.5 hrs in traffic with cricket traffic and all, reached Y'pur 5 mts the guy walks in asks for the problem, showed it to him. He went inside and brought the scanner, plugged in 10 sec error code, air map sensor.

Open bonnet remove and refit the plug for air map, reset error code, run test all fine. Light back to normal, switched off as usal without the need for cranking.

For a 5 min job, i lost 1 and half days!! These cars are virtually impossible to fix without the right tool.

3rd service i think ill do in Ypur itself.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:51   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Light back to normal, switched off as usal without the need for cranking.
Jaggu, mine goes off after cranking. If I need to wait for it to turn off it takes few more seconds. Is this ok?
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:48   #957
Team-BHP Support

yup its normal, when u switch on, first the water in diesel light then the service light will switch off after a delay, which means all is well. there is no problem in cranking before also, but as a precaution do the check once in a while atleast to see if things are all fine.
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:14   #958
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu.

Last weekend I was on a long travel to my home town. Pushed the car to the limits. In the Hosur - Kgiri road touched the peak 135 kmph with 4 adults. Consistently gone above 110kmph. Swift VDi hadled it well. No sign of tiring and handling was good. No vibration, engine was wanting it more. I could have pushed it further if the road was clear.

Clocked 6035 kms so far. All the rattles are fixed by Mandovi in 2 attempts (one in 2nd service and another attempt followed based on my feedback to their second service)

I recommend Mandovi JP nagar for their customer service. Excellent.
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:41   #959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
3rd service i think ill do in Ypur itself.

3rd, 4th, 5th ... very good for one's BP
Old 5th October 2007, 19:43   #960
Senior - BHPian

My service advisor has advised me to put 15w40 engine oil spec only. Warranty wont be void and i can get my oil and he will put it for me. Planning to put Mobil 1 synthetic. Service on wednesday, green filter will be installed by friday
Closed Thread

Most Viewed