Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2007, 10:51   #931
BHPian

I dunno whether this is a specific strategy or something on Maruti's part - I first saw a wave of RED Swifts, then came the SILVER.
The craze shifted to WHITE after that.
And when I was evaluating this car for purchase - The hot one was AZURE GREY and now its SUNLIGHT COPPER.
This has been my observation for the past so many months during my office commute in Mumbai.
Just keeps the interest in the car alive - AFAIK the engine & the turbo is "hot" enough for dollops of discussions! rather than color.
Old 20th September 2007, 13:32   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Its 1500 and not 3000 IMHO.
Hi, BUSA
I found it on tread 'Maruti SX4 Zxi - 2200 Kms report' please have look

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post569346

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?i...recostsol5.jpg
Old 20th September 2007, 14:14   #933
Senior - BHPian

3600 is too much for a Swift, its insane for MUL to price it so high.

D segment cars brake pads cost 2500 or so. I think they importing the brake pads and hence the higher cost or Maruti Swift always had high spare costs? :S
Old 21st September 2007, 23:06   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeezee View Post
This has been my observation for the past so many months during my office commute in Mumbai.
True what you say baba.

White has become relaxed now. On a recent trip to Kerala I lost count of the number of white swifts. I must've easily seen 30+ in a span of 1.5 days.

Last edited by s0uljah : 21st September 2007 at 23:08. Reason: quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 17:47   #935
Team-BHP Support

whole day spent at garage with the wiring thingie, actually its a circular which has come out saying the grounding cable needs to be moved and grounded to the starter motor. they have small bit which will check the play of the original point and if its more one has to move. so they did move it in 20 mts and there the problem starts.

then i noticed that the engine service light (one with spanner shape) remains on until the engine is cranked, earlier it used to switch off after couple of secs once key is on. as usual lot of convincing and a demo on a new car was needed to prove the point, another ldi that came for the service had the same issue.

i sensed that the ecu need to be reprogrammed so that service due light goes off, so spent another 3 hours to figure out the bloody scanner is kaput, they re installed the software on the scanner also in the process. moved the cable to original postion and what not. finally went to the new car and it also had the same problem.

so monday they will give me a call once they receive the new scanner from yeshwanthpur head office, offered to bring it to my place but i have offered to take the car to garage just in case they need access to something else.

workshop: RNS hosur road, as usual nice guys to deal with but have very lil clue of things :(
Old 23rd September 2007, 10:31   #936
Team-BHP Support

The tool bit used:

The red circle is the freed ground wire, its a pain to acces if someone busts it, this was somewhere near gearbox/engine bolts, this needs to be moved to starter motor, for which the air filter has to be removed. air filter box though is an easy task and i got 'snowhites's" cleaned also.

Then the damn scanner, right version tool but wrong version software!!
Old 24th September 2007, 18:15   #937
Team-BHP Support

And now i get a call from Yeshwanthpur RNS that my wiring harness needs to be checked, asked them to pass the message to Hosur branch.

Apparently the guy could identify the service check light issue as soon as i explained it over phone, i guess ill give it one last try at Hosur or goto Yeshwanthpur to get it done.
Old 24th September 2007, 18:59   #938
BHPian

Guys, got my 2nd free service done at 5K Kms. Changed the engine oil and the element. It feels little heavy and engine seems to be not responding as earlier. What could be the reason?

During the first oil change additive was added which was not added this time, Can it be the reason?
Old 24th September 2007, 22:11   #939
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Guys, got my 2nd free service done at 5K Kms. Changed the engine oil and the element. It feels little heavy and engine seems to be not responding as earlier. What could be the reason?

During the first oil change additive was added which was not added this time, Can it be the reason?
2nd service is a very basic one, dont think they would do anythhing much. did you request for anything particular to be done?
Old 24th September 2007, 22:24   #940
Senior - BHPian

jaggu on the wiring harness, welcome to the club!! mine too got changed. no incidents until now though. my second service is due next month at 5k kms. i m at 4k now. gotta finish that 1k !!

its been a long while since we spoke up, and hope ur baby is going well !! how many kms have u clocked till date?
Old 24th September 2007, 23:23   #941
Team-BHP Support

am at 8.4 k kms, might be doing crazy kms in october after the lull period i guess, thats why gettin all the bits sorted out before that.
Old 25th September 2007, 00:38   #942
Senior - BHPian

Done 9k kms, next service at 10k, 1k more to go and then Green goes in.

Can anyone tell what grade Mobil one and specification to put i tried in the other thread but to less avail, jaagu the oil master, any inputs.
Old 25th September 2007, 10:27   #943
Team-BHP Support

@busa: when you have Rtech there in mumbai you shouldnt worry, he has the details to get the right stuff
Old 25th September 2007, 16:50   #944
BHPian

Got the first scratch at 8200km. No, It’s somewhat a big dent in the bonnet just above the grill on right side and two small ones above it. Blame me only for parking under a tree on a rainy day.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:55   #945
BHPian

Hi

Happened to read the following from the comments section of a forum. Any idea about this?

----------------- Quote ----------------------
Well, dunno if you know this or not Swift diesel is no longer being booked, due to over 6 months waiting period and problem with the bosch injector , their is fuel leakage from the injector and the fuel leaks out, maruti knows about the same and are working on it with bosch to rectify the problem, good part is in spite of this faulty and fuel leakage the car is giving good mileage , thats why this issue came into light later on
----------------- UnQuote ---------------------

I am hearing this for the first time. I am unable to believe this, since no one at tbhp has raised this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks