Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 13:41   #901
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyronrocks View Post
Hey guys!!
My vdi has done 3000 now. Giving me a FE of 17 in city driving. No issues with the as such, just that sometimes its does not easily shift to the reverse gear. Is that fine.

My car is red in color and some scratches have started showing up here and there.At the last service the dealer suggested me a teflon coat for some 2.7k. Is it worth? And also should i get the car's under body coated( some kind of rubber coating, I am not sure)? as i am planning to keep the car for 4 years at least.
Anti-rust coating for the underbody is mandatory even if you dont live in a coastal area. Teflon is good to have but not mandatory certainely gives you a smooth finish to your car paint. Quote is quite high, get it done from individuals or private guys who do it for as less as 1.5K, just make sure the material used is the same.

I got 2 teflon coats ( one before delivery and one during 1st service) and underbody anti-rust quote as part of my negotiation package
Old 13th September 2007, 14:11   #902
BHPian

I got a call from dealer day before yesterday asking me to bring the car for a checkup camp on next day. I took it there; they were inspecting the electrical wiring and sensors using a special tool provided by MUL. Testing took only 15 min but they found the defect in Wiring Harness Assembly and took three hours to replace it (Bill shows Rs.3053 for Harness Assy.) Done under warranty.
Old 13th September 2007, 21:12   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

We got a call the other day afforinf 'free service'.

As it has just been serviced, I asked my wife to say, 'no thanks'.

I wonder if this is what the call was really about?
Old 13th September 2007, 21:28   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
We got a call the other day afforinf 'free service'.

As it has just been serviced, I asked my wife to say, 'no thanks'.

I wonder if this is what the call was really about?
I strongly suggest rechecking with dealer, as I came to know some of cars are fitted with faulty wiring harness, in long run it may cause short-circuit and fire. And MUL is try to find out all cars fitted with the faulty ones and replaces it (They provided a special tool to detect this faulty part alone)
Old 13th September 2007, 22:47   #905
Team-BHP Support

damn i had got a call few weeks back that time i dint bother, anyways ill run it through the dealer soon i guess.

why cant they send a snail mail for recall lol
Old 14th September 2007, 01:12   #906
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, BijuPaul, we'll do that.

Let's hope we get to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about!
Old 14th September 2007, 08:56   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
I got a call from dealer day before yesterday asking me to bring the car for a checkup camp on next day. I took it there; they were inspecting the electrical wiring and sensors using a special tool provided by MUL. Testing took only 15 min but they found the defect in Wiring Harness Assembly and took three hours to replace it (Bill shows Rs.3053 for Harness Assy.) Done under warranty.
Hi Biju,

What is your car's month of manufacture? Mine is May'07, but I never received any call from the dealer, Indus, Kochi. Which is your dealer? Any idea on the criteria on selecting the cars for check?
Old 14th September 2007, 10:56   #908
Team-BHP Support

mines is march i guess, lets wait for Biju now, meanwhile i called up my dealer and they said only certain chasis number are being recalled. he will recheck and let me know.
Old 14th September 2007, 11:38   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
mines is march i guess, lets wait for Biju now, meanwhile i called up my dealer and they said only certain chasis number are being recalled. he will recheck and let me know.
I did the same thing now.
Called the customer care of Indus and asked about the same. They asked the Chasis number. I gave it and they promised to call back in 5 mins. After 1 hr they called back and said my car need to be checked and the service manager will call and fix appointment for that. Later Service guy called and confirmed for tomorrow morning.
Thanks to tbhp, otherwise I would have never known about this.
I will log a complaint tomorrow on why I was not called and informed on this. That's all we can do right?
Old 14th September 2007, 12:10   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
Hi Biju,

What is your car's month of manufacture? Mine is May'07, but I never received any call from the dealer, Indus, Kochi. Which is your dealer? Any idea on the criteria on selecting the cars for check?
Mine is also May 07, Date of delivery was 18-05-07, Sai Service Cochin. It seems criteria for recall is based on the Chassis No. (22xxxx and few 23xxxx are in recall list) mine is 230599.
Old 14th September 2007, 12:21   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
Mine is also May 07, Date of delivery was 18-05-07, Sai Service Cochin. It seems criteria for recall is based on the Chassis No. (22xxxx and few 23xxxx are in recall list) mine is 230599.
Oh, what a coincidence. Delivery date is the same.
Anyway, I have called them and fixed this checkup tomorrow. Will get back with the status.
Old 14th September 2007, 12:28   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
why cant they send a snail mail for recall lol
They send me a letter.
Old 14th September 2007, 12:38   #913
BHPian

My chassis no is 234xxx
I did not get any call from Maruti or my dealer. Called up my executive/dealer. He told he will check and get back. :(
Old 14th September 2007, 12:42   #914
BHPian

What a cusomer service? He got back immediately saying my vehicle is not in that list and they have recalled around 4/5 vehicles in the past which are older than mine Mine does not come under that batch which had the problem.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:50   #915
BHPian

Thanks for the Info

I will try and check weather my VDi is in that batch . My Chasis Number is 228849..

Can some body recommend a good workshopfor the service .. (near by outer delhi... ) I have a fav work shop ... but they do not have much exp with the SWift D. So i am little scared in giving them the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks