Old 9th September 2007, 16:26   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
and now way a 1.3 l can smoke as much as a 3 lit moster just kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I fully agree and I am not Kidding.
I hate to disappoint the two of you, but I found quite a few Swifts spewing out more smoke then the Dicors. Perhaps all of them were drinking from the wrong pub, but I am yet to see Dicors smoking away consistently like I have seen on Swifts. Mine does occassionally when I drink from an unknown pub, but not consistently.

However, my original post was about comparable diesels - like the Fiesta TDCi or the Accent CRDi units. There are many of those around where I come from and they dont smoke quite as much as the Swifts.

Last edited by Steeroid : 9th September 2007 at 16:29.
Old 9th September 2007, 16:28   #888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
yes only time my car smoked visible smoke was when I used Xtramile and that too only once during the whole cycle when I tried to floor the accelarator.
Most diesel cars are prone to slight to heavy smoking as soon as they switch to premium liquid. I use regular diesel and it hardly smokes. i guess the diesel engines are more accustomed to normal fuel ( atleast as of yet).
Old 9th September 2007, 17:24   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
like the Fiesta TDCi or the Accent CRDi units.
never seen s Fiesta smoke, though the Accent does smoke quite alot.
Old 9th September 2007, 17:56   #890
Team-BHP Support

come to bangalore and i can show u some fiesta and octi smoking cigars!! i think its the pub rather the gas station that determines the amount of smoke.
Old 9th September 2007, 19:35   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
come to bangalore and i can show u some fiesta and octi smoking cigars!! i think its the pub rather the gas station that determines the amount of smoke.
smoking cigars hehe nice one... frankly i have seen even mercedes, bmw's audis smoking cigars and at the same time accent crdi indigo etc not smoking. Something to do with fuel i guess.

Also sometimes white smoke comes out instead of black from diesel cars. Whats the reason behind it ?
Old 9th September 2007, 19:59   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also sometimes white smoke comes out instead of black from diesel cars. Whats the reason behind it ?
White smoke maybe due to the lack of soot in the exhaust, if you clean the exhaust tips quite well you can see white smoke IMHO, correct me if i am wrong.
Old 9th September 2007, 23:13   #893
Team-BHP Support

nope white smoke is cooked up pump or even engine (rings water seal etc), white smoke = oil/water burning or mix = immediately attend
Old 10th September 2007, 09:50   #894
BHPian

If you see small traces of white smoke in petrol cars on cold days is normal. That is the water vapor mixed with smoke (water is a bi product of clean combustion)
Old 10th September 2007, 10:12   #895
BHPian

Hi every body this is my first post......I hear a lot of talk about IOC XTra mile diesel smoking a lot in the Swift Diesel....let me tell you I have been filling Xtramile diesel from the IOC pump near the Appolo hospital flyover on Mathura road Delhi & no smoke till date....done 5000km in 50 days, 2nd service done on saturday last at MSM Okhla.

One other point these guys tried doing the pollution check on my car....maybe it was the first time was seeing this done on Diesel car...did not like it one bit the process of revving the car to 5000rpm. Told them not to do the check as not required for 1yr. Have any of you got your car checked for pollution if yes where in Delhi & did you like it the way they did it...if you happen to be there....I make it a point of hanging near the car when ever it is being serviced.
Old 10th September 2007, 12:09   #896
Team-BHP Support

thats coz most often the reader machines dont sense the low level of pollution given out by the new gen car, and would rev it to glory to get something on the meter.

best avoid it, and yourself rev if required instead of leaving it to them.
Old 10th September 2007, 16:05   #897
Senior - BHPian

vijit - It aint wise to get your car checked for PUC till atleast a year. Plus revving to 5000RPM by them was not sane.
Old 11th September 2007, 13:39   #898
BHPian

An Update on Swift VDI

Just an update on my SWIFT VDI April 2007 ,

I have completed 5k and the second service is due . the FE is now 17 KPL ( with 80 % ) AC on . Have a slight issues with the Gear box . specially second gear , it some time slips and does not engages in the first attempt.

I am also thinking of getting my bumper repainted . I have also got load of scratches on the front , can some body suggest what is the best way out . I some time want to repaint the whole car.... i know its not possible but can some body suggest some thing for this .

Should i go in for 3 M coating as suggested by the dealer at the last service . will it help ??
Old 11th September 2007, 16:29   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Should i go in for 3 M coating as suggested by the dealer at the last service . will it help ??
No, that will only be a waste of your money. Better to get a good rubbing/polishing job done from a good bodyshop along with the bumper respray.
Old 13th September 2007, 13:22   #900
BHPian

Hey guys!!
My vdi has done 3000 now. Giving me a FE of 17 in city driving. No issues with the as such, just that sometimes its does not easily shift to the reverse gear. Is that fine.

My car is red in color and some scratches have started showing up here and there.At the last service the dealer suggested me a teflon coat for some 2.7k. Is it worth? And also should i get the car's under body coated( some kind of rubber coating, I am not sure)? as i am planning to keep the car for 4 years at least.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks