Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 13:12   #871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
7 days for registeration is a hogwash. It requires nothing more than 2 days.
Exactly. today if you go to registration office by tomorrow afternoon you will get the number.
Old 6th September 2007, 13:37   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Guys, did anyone change the engine oil during the second service @5k? I am thinking of getting it changed along with the Oil Filter. Is it ok to get it changed?, as maruti doesn't recommend it.
It is not necessary but if you want to spend the money and get it changed go ahead.
You may also check your oil level and the quality to reassure whether the change is needed.
Take the dip stick out and check the oil level as well as feel the oil and make sure it is ok. When oil starts deteriorating it becomes sticky otherwise it will give a free flow feeling.
Old 6th September 2007, 19:07   #873
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Guys, did anyone change the engine oil during the second service @5k? I am thinking of getting it changed along with the Oil Filter. Is it ok to get it changed?, as maruti doesn't recommend it.
Upto you, if you want go ahead, nothing will seriously go wrong either ways.
Old 7th September 2007, 00:01   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeezee View Post
Hi
My dealer has informed me that my Swift VDi has been allotted & despatched from gurgaon. He says 8 days transit time, 2 days for octroi formalities, and 7 days for registration.
I wanted to know from members in Mumbai whether these are realistic timelines or my dealer is giving me the runaround?
He is talking hogwash, it takes 2 days, i drove my VDi to the TRO office, the officer came saw the Chassis and Engine number and thats it, drove back and left the car and took it when i wanted the delivery.
Old 7th September 2007, 00:19   #875
Team-BHP Support

shouldn be publicly stating this but my car never even went through all this and still it was registered, so its all bull, actual rto process will take max 2 hours end to end

transit from delhi to bangalore 8 days by truck, 10 days by train, pdi and reg 24 to 48 hrs thats it!!
Old 8th September 2007, 19:41   #876
BHPian

5027Kms & 2nd Service update

Gone for second service today. Completed 5027 as of today.
  1. With 3kms driving after the service could not observe any rattles.
  2. Charge came to 510Rs. (Only 4wheel alignment and balancing, no other stuff) I am not sure whether they charged these for others.
  3. Mandovi at JP nagar was the service station, service is good except the clean job. Not satisfied with that.
Old 8th September 2007, 21:52   #877
Senior - BHPian

Alignment and balancing are best done by wheel and tyre folks like Vijay Wheel Alignment or Madhu's. That is what I do. Yes these are chargable service. Only tyre rotation comes free with 2nd service.
Old 8th September 2007, 22:04   #878
Senior - BHPian

Guys

During my recent visit home I noticed most of the Swift diesels on the road put out more smoke than other comparable diesels. More than the Safari Dicor, in fact!

Is this a common issue?
Old 8th September 2007, 22:53   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Guys

During my recent visit home I noticed most of the Swift diesels on the road put out more smoke than other comparable diesels. More than the Safari Dicor, in fact!

Is this a common issue?
Did you notice the smoke in my car during the last week’s drive? That day I was pushing little hard.
Old 8th September 2007, 23:05   #880
BHPian

i didn't notice any smoke from biju's swift, but i still wonder how did you manage driving like that with the video camera in hand!

as for the swift i have driven the car and have also noticed slight smoke but the safari does leave other car's in a black cloud!

but steer your car was climbing like a petrol engine and i didn't notice any smoke!
Old 8th September 2007, 23:16   #881
Senior - BHPian

Yes it does smoke quite alot, once i put in Xtra mile and smoking was so visible in the rear view mirror, then shifted back to Normal and its better now.
Old 8th September 2007, 23:20   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Yes it does smoke quite alot, once i put in Xtra mile and smoking was so visible in the rear view mirror, then shifted back to Normal and its better now.

yes only time my car smoked visible smoke was when I used Xtramile and that too only once during the whole cycle when I tried to floor the accelarator.
Old 8th September 2007, 23:42   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
yes only time my car smoked visible smoke was when I used Xtramile and that too only once during the whole cycle when I tried to floor the accelarator.
I'm using IOC Regular, That too from only one Fuel station regularly (If possible same dispenser too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
but i still wonder how did you manage driving like that with the video camera in hand!
It was not me, you guys pushed me to drive that way there was no escape

Last edited by Samurai : 9th September 2007 at 09:22. Reason: typo
Old 9th September 2007, 13:14   #884
Senior - BHPian

@ Biju - yes your car was smoking just a wee bit. I noticed the smoke because the car was brand new and it shouldnt.

Most other Swifts I've seen do smoke quite a bit, though.
Old 9th September 2007, 13:43   #885
Team-BHP Support

steeer i think its the fuel issue, i use ioc regular and no smoke issues yet.. got so absessed that i got the driver to floor her and followed her around, yes if i completely floor it shades of grey comes out

it can be coz some guys will try to floor and see if car pulls, while out of power, band. Thats the only reasoning i can give.

and now way a 1.3 l can smoke as much as a 3 lit moster just kidding
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks