Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 00:44   #856
BHPian

Hi all,
have a friend in Gurgaon who bought the swift diesel. Now he tells me that barely within 3000 Km of running the car a lot of the trim bits are rattling(typical maruti style).. is this true?
Old 4th September 2007, 00:44   #857
BHPian

7900 kms, a whole monsoon and no problems with the wiper motor or the blades. My only complaint is a thin film sitting on the windshield but that has nothing to do with the wiper motor. It runs perfectly well and smoothly at all speeds.

Cheers!
Old 4th September 2007, 09:40   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
Hi swift owners,
Do any of you share my thoughts on the wiper motor of the swift diesel - it is kind of rough - end of the cycle one can feel the thud or the rocking of the arm through the dash board. It is kind of difficult to explain but the jarr is felt through the steering and the pedals. This is particularly so in low speed wiping and gets better in high speed. Makes me wonder if the motor housing of the rotor assembly that connects the wiper blades to the motor is not aligned well.
In addition the left wiper seems to be leaving a kind of permanent partly translucent line on the windshield at the top most position of its cycle. The wipers were not dirty and it is not a scratch.
Mahesh
No such issues for me, the swift has seen the full goan monsoon, so 3 monts driving with wipers on and no issues with my swift VDI. About the translucent film, try using soap/windshield wash liquid in your windshield wash ka water storage.
Old 4th September 2007, 10:17   #859
BHPian

No problem with wiper

I do not have any issues with wiper motor or blades (that think film, yes I do observed it but it is only when the windscreen is not cleaned well for long time.

I have an issue handbrake indicator (earlier I posted about this) Now I am close to confirm that there is an issue with the switch because it is random... It glows when the brake is not on also it does not get on when the brake is engaged. So have to get it checked this weekend.
Old 4th September 2007, 11:32   #860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
Hi swift owners,
Do any of you share my thoughts on the wiper motor of the swift diesel - it is kind of rough - end of the cycle one can feel the thud or the rocking of the arm through the dash board. It is kind of difficult to explain but the jarr is felt through the steering and the pedals. This is particularly so in low speed wiping and gets better in high speed. Makes me wonder if the motor housing of the rotor assembly that connects the wiper blades to the motor is not aligned well.
In addition the left wiper seems to be leaving a kind of permanent partly translucent line on the windshield at the top most position of its cycle. The wipers were not dirty and it is not a scratch.
Mahesh
Have the same problem with my car. Though it ain't as bad as you described, there is no jarring sound or feel. I just hear a creaking noise when the wipers work and the glass is wiped of the water but as you said, it leaves behind a thin film and it gets damn difficult to drive in the night with that line which reflects the lights of oncoming vehicle and creates a glare
Old 4th September 2007, 11:54   #861
BHPian

Waiting waiting

Hi All,
As you can see from my id i am still a newbie. I named myself "sarswift" thinking that I will get the car soon and then i will join the gang of lucky owners bragging about their car.

After reading throught Jaggu post on his Swift VDI, i decided to go for Swift VDI. I knew their will be wait. I got a promise from my dealer that I will get teh car in Three and a half - four months. I thought I will wait for it to get a better car.

Now after three long and terrible months (Booking date 7-Jun-2007), spent most of the time either oggling other swift owners or feeling jealous of them, I am still to get any idea of the delivery date. My dealer changed the tune soon after delivery saying that they cannot tell me the tentative date as it all depends on Maruti and Maruti says that only dealer can tell the waiting period. Finally after a long wait , I have had enough, I raised a complaint on Maruti website on 21 August and am still to get a reply for that . I contacted Maruti RO and that brought on swift response. The GM of dealer ship called and said he will provide me a tentative date in a day or two.

I am waiting for his call back and hopefully will have a idea when is the delivery. I hear people of other cities getting deliver in 2-3 months and I feel cheated. If the delivery is too late i amight end up buying another car (which i don't want to)

Just a angry and sad swift diesel fan.

Thanks to Jaggu and group for helping me maintain my sanity by writing through this thread.

Saurabh
Old 4th September 2007, 12:09   #862
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear this story Saurabh. Hope you get your swift soon.
Old 4th September 2007, 12:30   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
Hi all,
have a friend in Gurgaon who bought the swift diesel. Now he tells me that barely within 3000 Km of running the car a lot of the trim bits are rattling(typical maruti style).. is this true?
I too had a lot of rattles after the second service but it was later taken back and fixed although not completely. I believe its due to the improper refitting of any parts removed during the service.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:38   #864
BHPian

These days too many Swifts are on the roads of Cochin, but this is the last thing I wanted to see.

Old 5th September 2007, 00:10   #865
Senior - BHPian

Yikes a Taxi out running you on the road is scary, but there is Petes for them

A Peted Taxi would be the fastest mode of transport, just pay the cabbie to let yourself drive the car like Tara Rum Pum.
Old 5th September 2007, 00:35   #866
Team-BHP Support

the rental guys like hertz have couple of ldi's in bangalore, which i see quite often, usually charted out by phoreen people
Old 5th September 2007, 08:46   #867
BHPian

Hi
My dealer has informed me that my Swift VDi has been allotted & despatched from gurgaon. He says 8 days transit time, 2 days for octroi formalities, and 7 days for registration.
I wanted to know from members in Mumbai whether these are realistic timelines or my dealer is giving me the runaround?
Old 5th September 2007, 10:51   #868
Senior - BHPian

Transit time should be 5 days or max 6 days. Mine took 10 days to come to Bangalore. Less than a day for octroi (Why 2 days?). Not more than 2 days for registration.
Old 5th September 2007, 11:02   #869
Senior - BHPian

7 days for registeration is a hogwash. It requires nothing more than 2 days.
Old 6th September 2007, 13:08   #870
BHPian

Guys, did anyone change the engine oil during the second service @5k? I am thinking of getting it changed along with the Oil Filter. Is it ok to get it changed?, as maruti doesn't recommend it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks