Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2007, 15:13   #841
BHPian

Hey Jaggu, I was in bangalore this week, on Monday on my way to Anwars, Koramangala. Thought I saw your car opp Big Bazar, this was late in the morning. White Swift VDI, with ZXi mags, and broader tyres. First thing that struck me was..is that Jaggu. Was it you?
Old 31st August 2007, 18:49   #842
Senior - BHPian

@mobike - You have not seen a black DDIS in Hyderabad.
So you assume that a black DDIS sold in Mumbai is refurbished.

Sounds like blatant extrapolation to me still !!

Now that you have many members saying they have seen black DDiS, please stick that gun of yours between your legs.
Old 31st August 2007, 19:09   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Now that you have many members saying they have seen black DDiS, please stick that gun of yours between your legs.
Hmmm, seems to me you either have a thick mutt or plainly want to be rude. I never said they arent produced, just said they arent many as you see the members quoting. If you want to pull it along further, feel free to do so. The mods will come and do what they have do and i aint gonna be party to this b*** anymore.
Old 31st August 2007, 23:07   #844
Senior - BHPian

Guys Relax, just chill people. Some places might not have Black Swift DDIS much so be it, i too dont remember seeing black DDIS Swift much, though white, silver are the common colours for DDIS.
Old 31st August 2007, 23:25   #845
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hey Jaggu, I was in bangalore this week, on Monday on my way to Anwars, Koramangala. Thought I saw your car opp Big Bazar, this was late in the morning. White Swift VDI, with ZXi mags, and broader tyres. First thing that struck me was..is that Jaggu. Was it you?
i passed big bazar in afternoon 2 ish but not late morning

@guys debating over black LDi Vdi, the car is not very obvious esp the badging on the fender, so you might have just missed it and a psychological thing seeing only black Vxi n Lxi's

so chillax
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:07   #846
Team-BHP Support

Got the wheels rotated and balanced, along with the alignment @ madhu's over the weekend. 7950 kms, so far so good, minor correction with the toe settings, and huge load of weights for the alloy wheel balancing.

fyi the alloy balancing is costlier, the labor i meant, than the iron wheels. does it make any sense??
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:29   #847
Senior - BHPian

8000 kms done that good, my car came in End May done 7200kms lol
Old 3rd September 2007, 00:50   #848
Senior - BHPian

@mobike - Sorry for offending you, but I thought you were being rude to me and I wanted to reply in kind.

I hope this clears the air.
Old 3rd September 2007, 09:40   #849
BHPian

Black Diesels

Guys,
I see lot of DDis in Bangalore. But the most popular one is silky silver.
Old 3rd September 2007, 09:47   #850
BHPian

Lesson learnt

Folks,
  1. Yesterday my uncle was in the front seat (6ft and 90kg) and while crossing 2 sharp bumps the underbody touched them (I do not know which part). I was slower than usual speed but not dead slow. Lesson learnt. Go slow over the bumps when the car is loaded.
  2. Another big scratch in the bumper. When I was in my usual route from office to home in the night, they were doing some road work, I was little careless and accelerated and hit a digged hold. Front bumper hit the land with heavy sound. Luckily nothing happened other than the under bumper scractches.
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:36   #851
Distinguished - BHPian

That front bumper is far too low for Indian roads :(

We seem to be lucky with the Old Mahabalipuram Road: it is now tarred all the way to our turn off and our side road from the East Coast Road has been properly made too this summer. But there is still some rough stuff between the OMR and the canal. I dropped a front wheel of my old Indica into a hole there. We managed to just pull out again, though it probably took a few years off the life of the clutch! The swift would be badly damaged by such a mishap
Old 3rd September 2007, 12:09   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
@mobike - Sorry for offending you, but I thought you were being rude to me and I wanted to reply in kind.

I hope this clears the air.
Hey, think nothing of it mate. Let's chill
Old 3rd September 2007, 12:13   #853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Got the wheels rotated and balanced, along with the alignment @ madhu's over the weekend. 7950 kms, so far so good, minor correction with the toe settings, and huge load of weights for the alloy wheel balancing.

fyi the alloy balancing is costlier, the labor i meant, than the iron wheels. does it make any sense??
Jags, there is no labour cost charged, atleast out here at Hyderabad.

Weights for alloy wheels is charged in rupees/gm ( something like 1rs/gm, i dont recall exactly) and they charge 50rs/tyre or something for using some high end machine. Other places where they dont have it, it's not charged.
Old 3rd September 2007, 19:41   #854
BHPian

swift diesel wiper motor?

Hi swift owners,
Do any of you share my thoughts on the wiper motor of the swift diesel - it is kind of rough - end of the cycle one can feel the thud or the rocking of the arm through the dash board. It is kind of difficult to explain but the jarr is felt through the steering and the pedals. This is particularly so in low speed wiping and gets better in high speed. Makes me wonder if the motor housing of the rotor assembly that connects the wiper blades to the motor is not aligned well.
In addition the left wiper seems to be leaving a kind of permanent partly translucent line on the windshield at the top most position of its cycle. The wipers were not dirty and it is not a scratch.
Mahesh
Old 3rd September 2007, 23:13   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
Hi swift owners,
Do any of you share my thoughts on the wiper motor of the swift diesel - it is kind of rough ..............
Mahesh
No such experience with my car. Its smooth as it should be. I think you should get it checked in next service.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed