Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 01:14   #826
Senior - BHPian

@Benny - Gold was not my personal choice, it was Maruti's choice rather. I took whatever I got, else I would still be in queue.
Old 30th August 2007, 01:36   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i somehow felt scared driving the zen after the swift ..
scared? why - was it what you thought to be blunt handling or was it the engine raring to go from the very beginning?
Old 30th August 2007, 16:39   #828
BHPian

Hi,

Just to announce that I am getting my Swift VDI with ABS in a weeks time. Got a call from the dealer today. This is perfectly routine but how I got it makes for an interesting tale -

I was told a 2month waiting period when I booked in June. And all through the 2 months, no information was given and the dealer always said - it has not been alloted yet.

After the due date passed, I called up and was disgusted at the response which was the same as usual - "Sir, Car has not been allotted - Cannot say when it will come"

I then wrote a stinging email to Jagdish Khattar (Maruti) with a copy to the dealer - Spectra Motors, Mumbai. I immediately (within 10 minutes of sending the email) got a call from the dealer apologising for the delay and also a reply via email that a Swift was being arranged for despatch.

The dealer called today to inform that Black color was available. Although I had booked for a Sunlight copper color, I was more interested in having the car - I reasoned that the color is immaterial as I will be sitting inside the car and not outside!

So now I am a little bit worried if the dealer will get back at me by giving a refurbished/damaged/demo car to me which has been obviously painted in black to hide the imperfections or damage!

Guys, need your advice on how to ensure that what I am getting is a brand new car? Should I inspect the car at stockyard, how do i find out manufacturing date of car, any obvious sign that shows the car is brand new etc etc

Would appreciate any/all help on this one
Old 30th August 2007, 16:49   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeezee View Post
I was more interested in having the car - I reasoned that the color is immaterial as I will be sitting inside the car and not outside!
That was one funny statement but, IMO, when you pay so much you should only settle for what you want and not what you get.

I havent seen a single black swift diesel till date here in Hyderabad. So there is a huge possibility that he may be passing of a refurbished car onto you.

Do be careful before making a comittment. since you waited so long why dont you wait some more till you get what you want.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:57   #830
BHPian

The Black was my original choice of color till the dealer told me that there was a new color, namely the sunlight copper.

I would like to make a factual assessment of the newness of the car - and thats why i asked questions like mfg date identification, and visible signs of identifying the freshness of a car.
Old 30th August 2007, 23:20   #831
Senior - BHPian

@cebeezee - Unless you dealer is a magician, I beleive he would be unable to produce a Vdi Abs in double quick time like he did.

Just go ahead and take the car, if you like the color. Throw the conspiracy theories out of the window.

@mobike - So you have not seen a black DDis means Maruti is not producing one? And dealer passing a refurbished car? Heights of imagination, I should say.

FYI, I have seen black Vdi ABS in Bangalore.
Old 30th August 2007, 23:30   #832
BHPian

Dude,
heres the reply you want!. Black is very popular in Mumbai.
Check edges etc for paint imperfections. The best way to find out when the car was billed is to ask the dealer for the MARUTI INVOICE. This is an invoice that is made out to "Spectra" motors stating the "Ex dealer price" prior to dealer margin being added(I am From the industry, trust me). This will have the date of invoicing(from maruti to the dealer) and the E no and ch no. Match this with the car and you should be ok. I doubt they will give you a refurbished car. There are strict penalties for multiple failures of a car and paint defects to the dealer. So they will surely take care of that. Booked one myself but then said i'll take the plunge and get a magnum!
Old 30th August 2007, 23:31   #833
BHPian

Obviously the dealer was favouring other customers, probably personal friends and corporate clients. Good you kicked his butt
Old 30th August 2007, 23:48   #834
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
scared? why - was it what you thought to be blunt handling or was it the engine raring to go from the very beginning?
lol i lived with a zen for 6 years of my driving life. but the emotion has more to do with unsafe feeling wrt handling, braking and sitting on the ground floor than the petrol engine pep, which is better by 1 or 2 sec of initials revs in a zen comapred to the Swift D
Old 31st August 2007, 12:00   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
@mobike - So you have not seen a black DDis means Maruti is not producing one? And dealer passing a refurbished car? Heights of imagination, I should say
Let us see how many folks have seen SwiftD in black??? I am sure none of the tbhp members own one and i didnt say maruti hasnt produced, just that i havent seen meaning it is bloody rare-so stick to your gun, place for which is between your legs. It is highly possible for dealers passing of refurbished cars ( in sense, a new second hand car) do you think they are in the business for charity?

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st August 2007 at 12:01.
Old 31st August 2007, 12:18   #836
Team-BHP Support

Seen many Black DDiS swifts.
Old 31st August 2007, 12:34   #837
Team-BHP Support

Pretty common in Delhi
Old 31st August 2007, 12:42   #838
Team-BHP Support

Same from my end too, I have seen DDIS in black. Cant say many, but i have seen them. In particular, there is one Swift LDi, which runs as a taxi in Bangalore.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:44   #839
Team-BHP Support

one passes my office almost every day, black vdi
Old 31st August 2007, 14:48   #840
Distinguished - BHPian

I think a lot of people loose patience and drop out of the queue, then the orders get shuffled around.

When I was still at the complaining stage, I discussed this with the sales people. They told me they would be deeply upset if I cancelled an order for a petrol Swift, but I was right in saying that cancelling a diesel was no real hardship to them, the waiting list being so long.

I got "someone else's" car by shouting about the delay, and ended up with the ABS model in the right colour too. Turns out the idiot original salesman had put me down for non-ABS anyway, so all was well in the end.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks