Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2007, 12:37   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
that car was really an experience.
In what sense?
Just because of a curiosity I’ve ask my brother (He own a MASS and a MA Spare shop) the cost of Swift spare parts. As we expected all engine and Fuel injection parts are on lil expensive side (Bosch injectors aprx. 13-14K each). But to my surprise Brake Pads will cost lil above 3000 each, he also said only SGP part number is provided on Maruti price list, just caution to all spirited drivers.
Old 26th August 2007, 13:17   #812
BHPian

Quote:
@ Gill: Different cars, different gear ratios and power factor, so one has to adjust to that. Yday i was rejuvenating my mom n laws mpfi zen and after Diesel Vdi that car was really an experience.

So first point there is no escape, you will get adjusted. Second point, well the car will get adjusted soon also.
Very correct Jaggu... I have experienced the same!!
Old 26th August 2007, 13:37   #813
BHPian

Ok guys,
Will keep u posted.It's bit early for me to judge or comment i just wrote down what i felt.Will keep on posting keep u all updated and plz let m know abut the do"s n don'ts!!!!!!!!!
Old 27th August 2007, 20:23   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
But to my surprise Brake Pads will cost lil above 3000 each, he also said only SGP part number is provided on Maruti price list, just caution to all spirited drivers.
3000 My Optra's cost 2500 and thats for a 1.8liter 13Lac car

MUL surely is taking advantage with the Swift D, first with waiting and now with service, spare parts.
Old 27th August 2007, 21:39   #815
BHPian

Tyre Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingonallfour View Post
Hey
The Tire Pressure on Stock tires is 36psi front and 33psi rear. Are the others following these specifications religiously ?
I am following it religiously No issues so far.
Old 27th August 2007, 21:43   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I tried extramile for the first time. I did get lot of smoke and drop in power while pressing accelarator (More than 50%) for fast accelaration. This I felt multiple times. In my next refill I will switch back to regular diesel. Is IOC regular OK?
I am using Xtra mile always. Agree that it is emitting black smoke. (I could not see this while I am driving but when my dad took out the car I have noticed). But I did not feel any drop in power. Anyways next refill let me try regular IOC.
Old 27th August 2007, 22:06   #817
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
In what sense?
Just because of a curiosity I’ve ask my brother (He own a MASS and a MA Spare shop) the cost of Swift spare parts. As we expected all engine and Fuel injection parts are on lil expensive side (Bosch injectors aprx. 13-14K each). But to my surprise Brake Pads will cost lil above 3000 each, he also said only SGP part number is provided on Maruti price list, just caution to all spirited drivers.
hmm 3k i think your brother might be mis-informed, MGP parts are available in this part of town yes maruti always rely on SGP when new models are introduced, but very fast in introducing local vendors also. Ill try to check and get back soon (time permitting)

I personally prefer the SGP part though if i manage to source the same, i still remember the days when i used to run around to get that SGP points for the first lot of Omni.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th August 2007 at 22:07.
Old 28th August 2007, 13:57   #818
Senior - BHPian

Its 1500 and not 3000 IMHO.
Old 28th August 2007, 20:02   #819
BHPian

After test driving and almost booking various cars from Ford ikon to aveo u-va, from honda city to SX4, from fiesta to (read booking and cancelling.. still trying to get my Rs 10,000 back) aveo... my heart finally went for Swift diesel. Booked Silky Silver Swift Vdi last week and paid an advance of Rs 20,000.

Now I see more than 25-30 silver swift everyday.. This color looks great with black A-B pillar making it even look better.. but this color has become very common. so now m confused wht to go for.. silky silver or azure grey??
Old 28th August 2007, 20:12   #820
BHPian

Dcetech: Colour is really a matter of personal choice. People can take umpteen number of advices regarding colour but still go out and buy something of their hearts choice.

If you want something nice and easy to maintain go silver, wanna stand out go for the asure grey. Btw do you have plans to mod the car? Silver is better for two tone paint/sticker jobs.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:43   #821
Distinguished - BHPian

The Azure grey is very smart: it was Mrs Thom's choice. My choice of car; her choice of colour. But if I'd been buying alone, I'd have gone for gold (very rare) or silver...
Old 29th August 2007, 02:08   #822
Senior - BHPian

Gold is not that rare..at least in Bangalore ! Hell, people have been buying gold Swifts ever since I bought one in that color, it seems...
Old 29th August 2007, 10:02   #823
Team-BHP Support

There is a Swift VXi in the gold color in the apartments where i stay. I feel it doesnt suit the Swift as much as a red or black does.

But then, let me quote crazydiablo :
Quote:
Colour is really a matter of personal choice.
Old 29th August 2007, 10:34   #824
BHPian

Quote:
@ Gill: Different cars, different gear ratios and power factor, so one has to adjust to that. Yday i was rejuvenating my mom n laws mpfi zen and after Diesel Vdi that car was really an experience.

So first point there is no escape, you will get adjusted. Second point, well the car will get adjusted soon also.

Hi Jaggu,
Was the mpfi zen and experience or the vdi?!? Zen is still better?
Having owned zen earlier and the swift now, felt the swift to be better in the turbo band, but the zen is better off the block.
Mahesh
Old 29th August 2007, 18:40   #825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
Hi Jaggu,
Was the mpfi zen and experience or the vdi?!? Zen is still better?
Having owned zen earlier and the swift now, felt the swift to be better in the turbo band, but the zen is better off the block.
Mahesh
i somehow felt scared driving the zen after the swift ..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks