Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 16:58   #781
BHPian

call for 'Engine harness test':
I just received call from 'Bimal' that I need to bring my Vdi to their workshop to do a 'engine harness' test. looks like they are calling all the swifts (not sure whether it involves pertrol version too).

if my vehicle has problems then they said that they will upgrade the kit. since i got the call from a non-tech person, she was not able to explain me the complete details about all the problems and what is the kit which they'll upgrade incase of problem.

onething she told is that leaving unchecked and if vehicle has the issue then it will lead to short circuit. thats all she was able to say about the issue.

i am planning to take it to their workshop tomorrow morning. personally i wanted to see what is that they're doing. the test will take apptly 15 - 20 mins and if problem is there then it would take 2-3 hrs to upgrade the kit.

i wonder whether they've called me just because i updated all my vehicle details in the MUL website.

i will update once i finish off the test.
Old 21st August 2007, 19:21   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
i wonder whether they've called me just because i updated all my vehicle details in the MUL website.
How do you update your details in MUL website? Why do we need to do that?
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:10   #783
Senior - BHPian

I have put ExtraMile Fuel in the car and boy there is a slightly noticeable difference in the way the car moves. But i think premium fuel works better on stage 1 cars.

Anyways about the wiring harness its not because you register, you should have got a letter, i got long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Well Car has been called for a check up which will take two-three hours.

Here is the reason.

More info here
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:39   #784
BHPian

Quote:
I have put ExtraMile Fuel in the car and boy there is a slightly noticeable difference in the way the car moves. But i think premium fuel works better on stage 1 cars.

Hey I put ExtraMile Fuel for the first time in my VDI and I felt that the pickup was really good. Its sluggish with regular fuel. Does well on BP Hi Speed as well. Do you plan to stick to premium fuels or regular ?
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:34   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingonallfour View Post
Hey I put ExtraMile Fuel for the first time in my VDI and I felt that the pickup was really good. Its sluggish with regular fuel. Does well on BP Hi Speed as well. Do you plan to stick to premium fuels or regular ?
Will stick with premium.
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:44   #786
BHPian

I have been using BPCL Hi-Speed / HP Turbojet / Indian Oil Xtramile for quite some time on my Skoda and lancer.

From the very first day, i have been using Hi-Speed Diesel in the swift and will do so as long as i use the car.

I have been very happy with these fuels. All fuel related problems in my skoda are gone after i switched to these fuels.

Hope that helps.
Old 22nd August 2007, 22:29   #787
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to my service advisor, he said its better to use premium fuels for Swift Diesel.
Old 23rd August 2007, 19:27   #788
Senior - BHPian

Ah...They are the experts..
Old 24th August 2007, 11:30   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
195 65 14 or 195 60 15 in 6J rim, these are the ideal options.
Hey Jaggu, please could you tell me in which brand will i get 195/60-R15 Bridgestone Potenzas are not available in that size. Please could you suggest a good brand where i can help my friend pick tyres for his swift VDI.
Old 24th August 2007, 11:45   #790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hey Jaggu, please could you tell me in which brand will i get 195/60-R15 Bridgestone Potenzas are not available in that size. Please could you suggest a good brand where i can help my friend pick tyres for his swift VDI.

Yokohoma ES Sport for great grip and Michilen Pilot Precedas for a smooth and silent ride are good choices.
Old 24th August 2007, 11:59   #791
BHPian

Hey mobike, Thanks, any idea on the cost? and do they have good wet weather performance as in goa we have rains for about 4 months.
Old 24th August 2007, 12:38   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
I don't think you get Michelin PP in that size. Available options are:

Yokohama ES100 - Rs. 4000 approx.
Michelin Energy XM1 - Rs. 4600 approx.

Last edited by iraghava : 24th August 2007 at 12:50.
Old 24th August 2007, 13:42   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I don't think you get Michelin PP in that size. Available options are:

Yokohama ES100 - Rs. 4000 approx.
Michelin Energy XM1 - Rs. 4600 approx.
Thanks iraghava, and any idea how do they perform on da wet? I love the way my bridgestone Potenzas perform.
Old 24th August 2007, 19:42   #794
Senior - BHPian

Energy XM1 is good, though I have never taken the car to its limits. Very few do, I think.
Old 24th August 2007, 20:17   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to my service advisor, he said its better to use premium fuels for Swift Diesel.
great then I have company. I checked with 2-3 different Maruti workshops / dealers and all of them gave me mixed opinions. I called Maruti 1 -800 number ( the mothership) and they have no idea.

Took to trial and error and I think I will stick to premium. I put HP regular somewhere near Taloja MIDC on way to Pune and half way down the expressway she started grunting like a pig for about 2 Kms. No problems to report with premiums so far. Heard a lot of people discuss / debate / talk about engine damage to CRDI engines due to additives and that scares me.

Hope someone comes out officially with a statement on CRDI engines
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks