Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 00:14   #751
BHPian

What the speed of Swift DDiS in 5th gear at 3500 rpm ?
Old 15th August 2007, 09:34   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
What the speed of Swift DDiS in 5th gear at 3500 rpm ?
145kmph or so, IIRC, but then i think this is with Petes

Check this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...is-recall.html
Old 15th August 2007, 20:22   #753
BHPian

I have tried a few brews. BP Hi Speed Diesel was the worst as I had to take my car to service centre and get my EGR replaced. HP not that great mileage.

Best of all - IOC XTRA Mile - Absolutely fantastic.

I do Blr-Chennai-Blr quite often and got some amazing mileages with AC 100% on and constant 110-120 kmph... The best I have got till date is with IOC.

Cheers

Sateesh

PS : I drive an Accent CRDi
Old 15th August 2007, 22:02   #754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
I have tried a few brews. BP Hi Speed Diesel was the worst as I had to take my car to service centre and get my EGR replaced. HP not that great mileage.

Best of all - IOC XTRA Mile - Absolutely fantastic.

I do Blr-Chennai-Blr quite often and got some amazing mileages with AC 100% on and constant 110-120 kmph... The best I have got till date is with IOC.

Cheers

Sateesh

PS : I drive an Accent CRDi
I have almost the same experience

HP: Mileage gotten was less
BP: I use this regularly and get my best mileages from this brand
IOC: As ridiculous as it may seem, i havent yet filled a single tankful of brew from them as they are quite scarce in Hyderabad
Shell, Reliance not tried them too.

All above only for normal diesel and whats the best mileage you got with IOC? I got the best of 20kmpl on highway and 14kmpl in city, never crossed these figures yet.
Old 16th August 2007, 11:58   #755
BHPian

I’ve a curious question, on idle, how much time it takes to move the temperature needle till the mark near ‘C’ when you cold start?
I was feeling, my Swift takes little long time than usual to reach the normal operating temperature (which is some where in the middle of the meter) but I was never able to check it properly, today morning I started the car and waited till the needle start moving it took 9.30 min to reach till the mark near ‘C’ i.e. some 2-3 mm, it was moving further on the same pace, so abandoned my test and proceed to office.
Is it normal? What about your cars?
I know there are some valves to control the cooling process of the engine so that as quick as possible engine reach the optimal temperature, and it was happening in my old petrol car. But I believe diesel needs more temp. for the optimal functioning.
Old 16th August 2007, 13:54   #756
BHPian

How old is your car?

My VDi when it was around 500kms ran it was heating up very fast, that is with in 1 or 2 minute.

Now it is 3500 Kms done it takes around 5 mins to reach the middle mark (where the cooling fan starts running)

I think if it takes 5-10 mins or 5-10 kms shuld be ok because in my dad's Zen D it takes lot of time for the needle to reach the middle mark.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:05   #757
BHPian

guys,
sometime back someone had some issues (noise occurence) with the seat belt holding hook. the one which is attached to the door pillar.

was there any solution found to solve the problem?
i am facing the same noise in my front left seat belt holing hook.

any suggestions apart from showing it to the dealer during service?
Old 16th August 2007, 18:32   #758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijuPaul View Post
I’ve a curious question, on idle, how much time it takes to move the temperature needle till the mark near ‘C’ when you cold start?
I was feeling, my Swift takes little long time than usual to reach the normal operating temperature (which is some where in the middle of the meter) but I was never able to check it properly, today morning I started the car and waited till the needle start moving it took 9.30 min to reach till the mark near ‘C’ i.e. some 2-3 mm, it was moving further on the same pace, so abandoned my test and proceed to office.
Is it normal? What about your cars?
I know there are some valves to control the cooling process of the engine so that as quick as possible engine reach the optimal temperature, and it was happening in my old petrol car. But I believe diesel needs more temp. for the optimal functioning.
The temp climbs lil faster on the move compared to plain idle, at plain idle to move till C it takes about 5-8 mts.

I usually start and move after 10-15 secs, keepin my revs below 2 k and usually after 2-3 kms the temp would have moved beyond C and then i switch AC also on, and temp climbs to around half at end of 6 to 7 kms.

All of this after parking overnight or more than 5 to 8 hours, otherwise temp rises lil faster.

with diesel engines i believe temp rises faster during actual running than idle.
Old 16th August 2007, 18:34   #759
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
guys,
sometime back someone had some issues (noise occurence) with the seat belt holding hook. the one which is attached to the door pillar.

was there any solution found to solve the problem?
i am facing the same noise in my front left seat belt holing hook.

any suggestions apart from showing it to the dealer during service?
if the seat belts are worn generally they wont make noise, otherwise eventually the clips will hit the plastic moldings under severe vibrations, one thing is to wrap something around the clips to dampen the impact.
Old 16th August 2007, 20:57   #760
BHPian

i noticed a lot of them prefer the 195s over the default company fitted 165s for the Vdi

Is there any particular reason for it and does it improve FE ?
what are the other advantages of switching ?
do u need to have alloy wheels for the sake of 195s ?

thanx in advance
Old 16th August 2007, 22:36   #761
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maranellored View Post
i noticed a lot of them prefer the 195s over the default company fitted 165s for the Vdi

Is there any particular reason for it and does it improve FE ? i dont think FE will improve, neither will it drop drastically

what are the other advantages of switching ? handling and most imortant traction while accelerating and grip while braking

do u need to have alloy wheels for the sake of 195s ? if my memory serves right, yes OE rims are 5J and 195 require atleast 5.5 J

thanx in advance
mention not
Old 16th August 2007, 23:33   #762
Senior - BHPian

Is there any particular reason for it and does it improve FE ? what are the other advantages of switching ? NO Fe increase but better grip, handling, ride, braking, road holding.
do u need to have alloy wheels for the sake of 195s ? Not necessary make sure you have 6J rims.
Old 17th August 2007, 09:28   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Hey Guys, are anyone of you facing any issues with the clutch? as i released the clutch in 1st gear, the car felt jerky. Any idea why this happens, this was not the case earlier.
Hey Guys, that issue has vanished, thanks for your inputs. But lots of new noises creeping up, all minor but without the music is very irritating.
Old 17th August 2007, 17:47   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
mention not
Apart from all these, anything on ride comfort and road noise? I’m still using the stock tyers on ZXI alloys, which I picked from an accessory shop for just 8K (4nos). Somebody wants to change to 15" left it there . I’m OK with the stock tyers on road grip even on wet roads for my regular driving (about 70-90 Km at about 70-100Km/Hr including couple of sharp turns at 70-80), I feel everybody under estimate these tyers, they have very deep all weather treads, they are very gippy at least till now . But the down side is road noise and these deep groves attract stones like magnet and not very comfortable ride too.

I’ve also found IOC regular lil better on FE side. Aporx. 1-1.5 Km/L compare to IBP regular, after many FE tests.
Old 17th August 2007, 18:58   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel everybody under estimate these tyers, they have very deep all weather treads, they are very gippy
Buddy, do one thing put the car in second gear revv till 2500 RPM and dump the clutch and you will see how good these tyres are

The stock tyres are very very narrow and it doesnot support the car at high speed cornering, emergency braking, and high RPM launches.

Needless to say that these 165 tyres are very very risky, i can tell you after driving a 30k done Swift Vxi on these tyres, you corner at 20kmph it makes noises, bah!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks