Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 16:17   #736
Team-BHP Support

Check break fluid level as well as the hand brake switch. Best take it to your dealer.
Old 6th August 2007, 16:42   #737
Senior - BHPian

Shell isn't favored ? This sets me thinking - I have been using Shell mostly, mainly because I do not trust other filling stations.

Used IOC regular diesel for a highway run and did not notice any diff in FE, I will switch over to Turbojet for a couple of tankfulls and see what gives. There is an HP bunk near my place which I think is decent enuf.
Old 6th August 2007, 17:08   #738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Shell isn't favored ? This sets me thinking - I have been using Shell mostly, mainly because I do not trust other filling stations.

Used IOC regular diesel for a highway run and did not notice any diff in FE, I will switch over to Turbojet for a couple of tankfulls and see what gives. There is an HP bunk near my place which I think is decent enuf.
Yup:

1) Makes the engine rough, its very evident. Switched back to IOC and 15 kms and i can feel the difference. Had waited for fuel level to goto min before refill

2) Pitter patter is more, again went down with IOC

3) FE was less, inspite of better driving conditions in city

Only positive side was, tail pipe residue of carbon was less. This might be due to IOC somehow leaves a wetter residue compared to Shell.
Old 9th August 2007, 22:49   #739
Team-BHP Support

quick update: the shell brew is not that great at all. As i suspected the difference i felt was more to do with the difference in BSII and BS III compared to IOC and shell.

Suddenly my FE shows better figures, with shell the needle went past F position under 70 kms and with IOC its just over F even at 100+ and thats a lot of difference for an auto cut off system.
Old 10th August 2007, 03:00   #740
Senior - BHPian

I seem to get better FE with Shell? I have noticed many times that Shell gives 100+ to the F mark.

Curiously, the time I filled IOC normal diesel from Kozhikode, it gave only around 50. Maybe the dispenser had a longer end pipe? Because the overall mileage at the next tankfill was OK.
Refinement seems to be going down as I put in kilometres, maybe it's the car's way of knowing that a service is due.
Old 10th August 2007, 10:26   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

Till date tried only two types of brews for my CRDI. HP and BP and i have realized that HP aint my cup of brew, as my drive isnt that smooth and FE also not good. BP seems to work for me and i constantly get about 13.5kmpl for city driving with about 25% AC.

Anybody thinks reliance or IOC will be better than BP? I need to check with these two manafacturers.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:40   #742
BHPian

Hey Guys, are anyone of you facing any issues with the clutch? as i released the clutch in 1st gear, the car felt jerky. Any idea why this happens, this was not the case earlier.
Old 11th August 2007, 19:10   #743
BHPian

I do not have any jerk issue.

Today went to Mondovi for my Brake light issue. He checked and told me not issues. Brake Fluid is in corect level. He told it could be due hydraulic systems. I do not understand. He did not speak english so could not get it correctly.
Old 12th August 2007, 00:47   #744
BHPian

No jerk issues so far. Its just the rattles have increased in two doors. Will get them checked in next service due in october.

As of now enjoying the way this car speeds and handles. I have noticed that tyore pressure drops 5-6 psi in a fortnight. Is it normal ? I don't drive in pot-holed roads so what else can be the reason. BTW its OEM rims and tyres.
Old 12th August 2007, 00:52   #745
Team-BHP Support

@anshuif you dont release the clutch in the way the car likes it to be, it jerks thats all.

@blorebuddy: scratches my head

@ auster: psi drop is lil high, is it all the wheels? is there a huge temp variation between day n night?

you can get the valves tightened, that all i can say. i have 1 or 2 psi drop in 2-3 weeks thats all.
Old 12th August 2007, 10:14   #746
BHPian

Yeah temp variation is there in delhi. Nights are getting cooler, days sometimes are hot sometimes are cool. will check if there is any issues with the valves.
Old 13th August 2007, 13:00   #747
Senior - BHPian

I seem to lose 3-4 psi over 2-3 weeks(this has always included a long drive), I am keeping a close watch on this to see if there is really a problem.
Old 14th August 2007, 16:05   #748
BHPian

Filled everytime in Shell. The engine is extremely noisy. Have driven about 5000 km. Its due for the second service. The noise is extremely irritating. I really suspect shell now. Mileage only around 15 kmpl in city, with A/C ON most of the times. On highways, its around 16 kmpl, with A/C ON, relatively cool driving scheme. Stuck to 2000 - 2200 rpm mark. Its not as rosy as it was depicted by the dealers. Havent found time to fit the stereo as well. All i listen to, is the noise of the engine.
Old 14th August 2007, 17:05   #749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Filled everytime in Shell. The engine is extremely noisy. Have driven about 5000 km. Its due for the second service. The noise is extremely irritating. I really suspect shell now. Mileage only around 15 kmpl in city, with A/C ON most of the times. On highways, its around 16 kmpl, with A/C ON, relatively cool driving scheme. Stuck to 2000 - 2200 rpm mark. Its not as rosy as it was depicted by the dealers. Havent found time to fit the stereo as well. All i listen to, is the noise of the engine.
Purfect why dont you try IOC regular and post if there is a difference, your highway mileage is real low for the rpm you mentioned.

I was getting 20 plus with 3500 rpm at 5000 km mark on highway trips.
Old 14th August 2007, 17:08   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

In a trip couple of days ago of 600km up and down with AC 75% on and rains lashing most of the time in mixed road condition of pot holed and good highway got my best mileage till date of 20kmpl in my viva crdi. Gear changes between 2k-3K rpm's
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks