Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:47   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I guess there is hardly any difference in the price of Left side rear view mirror(MGA). Can't say about the fog lamps in the bumber. Does someone has any idea how much they cost?(MGA)
Hi i got fog lights and left rvm fitted in my car . paid 1400 bucks for Left RVM Maruti MGA and Rs 1800 for fog lights from a local trusted accessory shop ( he said it was MGA ) . After my experience I would recommend u to go for a dealer fittment for both.
Old 23rd July 2007, 20:07   #677
BHPian

nikunj_sly, thanks for the reply man. Seems your experience wasn't so pleasant.
Old 24th July 2007, 09:26   #678
BHPian

No its not that , the LHS mirror was done by my dealer but during the fittings of the Fog lamp switch my local dealer shop had to chip a bit of the wiring for the back lit illumination of the switch . As per the MGA manual any tampering to the wiring voids the warranty , so its your call .
The fittings was very good, so no complaints there !!
Also one advise if u r planning on changing ur horn then i would advise you to do it along with the fog lights fitting as the horn is placed behind the front bumper on the left . For fitting the fog lights they take off the entire front bumper so u may as well get the horn fitted along with the fog lights !
Old 24th July 2007, 10:28   #679
BHPian

My car is all banged up :( !! I have got two soft dents on the RHS of the car !! As i have a light colour it is not very visible but it is there . On the front i have two soft dents and one very sharp dent . The sharp dents was caused by a stone which was chipped opff a wall and accidentally fell down from a flats at my residence apartments. They were repairing the wall or something. The other two soft dents i dont know how it came as i never bumped my car into anybody or anything. any ideas how to get rid of the dents ??
Old 24th July 2007, 10:35   #680
BHPian

Nikunj, we should learn to ignore minor dents on the cars if the paint is intact. Otherwise, we can always get it touched up if it is chipped.

Going for the repair means getting whole part repainted, which I think is not a good option.
Old 24th July 2007, 13:23   #681
BHPian

@ nikunj_cal: Hey, if the metal isn't exposed, then ignore the dents for now, Get a touchup and a good polish for the entire car may be a year down the line .
Old 24th July 2007, 14:05   #682
BHPian

service interval

Hi guys,

am booking my swift vdi tomorrow .....
wanted some information according to the sales executive at apra auto gurgaon the service interval is every 10000 kms.he told me that first service will be at 1000 kms then every 10000kms.
is this recommended??? coz i see a lot of you guys here giving your car for 3rd service at 10000 kms.
Old 24th July 2007, 14:52   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Nikunj, we should learn to ignore minor dents on the cars if the paint is intact. Otherwise, we can always get it touched up if it is chipped.

Going for the repair means getting whole part repainted, which I think is not a good option.
Yeah ignoring is the last option but I was thinking of hammering some small dents on my engine hood back in place . For the rest i think i will have to live with it i guess.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:21   #684
Team-BHP Support

@autozoniac: Service intervals are:
1st - 1000 kms
2nd - 5000 kms
3rd - 10,000 kms

then on every 10,000 kms.

ie 20,000, 30,000 etc. This is recommended by Maruti and perfectly normal, note that most modern cars have the service interval at 10,000 kms. If you dont use the vehicle much then, every 6 months is also a good option.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:37   #685
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of hammering some small dents on my engine hood back in place
I guess it may lead to more damage then cure. If you want to get it done, get it done from a professional.

Quote:
2nd - 5000 kms
Jaggu, service manual says 2nd service at 10,000. I am little confused dude.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:49   #686
Team-BHP Support

@horse power, read carefully and look at the service coupon for Diesel swift.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:54   #687
BHPian

@horse power, 2nd service is @5000 km and 3rd is at 10000KMs.
Old 24th July 2007, 22:45   #688
BHPian

Hi! Guys, Just checked the service manual and indeed 2nd service at 5000 kms. I admit my ignorance. It doesn't mention Oil change though. Should I get the Oil changed?

At the time of First service, Dealer did not change any filter. Is it fine? or should I get the filters changed this time at 5000 kms( Oil, diesel, air)?
Old 25th July 2007, 09:07   #689
BHPian

5000 km service

Hi,

Did my VDi's 5000 km service @ 4750 kms yesterday.
(Covered this distance in 65 days)
The first service was with the dealer (Indus) and was not satisfactory. So this time went to a MASS, Autoteam (courtesy: nikkibike).
Overall experience was very good. They took care of all the 4 minor issues I reported (out of which 2 were there during first service itself, and they skipped).
There was no oil change, and the overall invoice amount was "nil".
The issues reported were:
1. The bonnet was slightly raised when closed. (This was an issue which I even reported during PDI. If you push down further, we can feel a play in the lock at that time. Indus guys made the play go away by putting 2 rubber washers. This did not solve the issue of misalignment though) Autoteam guys did something with the lock and now it is getting closed neatly.
2. The back side right mudflap has come out, which was reported during 1000 kms service and skipped. That is now neatly fixed with new clips.
3. The right side back door beading has come out from one of the clips, and fixed.
4. The front right side bumper had a scratch, and was touched up.

I didn't reported any rattling, as most of the rattlings I faced were found to be loose things which I myself put or due to seatbelts etc. Let me see how much more it develops.

The vehicle was given at 8.30 am and delivered at 6 pm. In fact they called me 15 mins before the promised time and informed that the vehicle was ready.

Overall very nice experience. Mr.Sajith and Mr.Sunny @autoteam were very cooperative and knowledgeable. Thanks nikkibike again.

Regards
Old 25th July 2007, 09:17   #690
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
That was quite an info. Thanks Vid and phamilyman.

By any chance does merc also have same kind of horn. I remember it sounded similar to octavia's.
I recently got it installed on my WagonR. You are in Delhi right? Go to any accessory shop in Lajpat Nagar/Khan Market and ask for Roots Super horn or simply say "Skoda Horn". They will show you some local Kobra horns also but dont buy that.
Roots super cost me 450+50 installation.

Last edited by DCEite : 25th July 2007 at 09:19.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks