Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 09:57   #631
Team-BHP Support

Refer back, was checking on Cetane number, then checked up if they had any premium brand of diesel to which they have replied all diesels by shell has the proprietary additives.
Old 13th July 2007, 16:46   #632
BHPian

Guys got my swift Ldi's first service done today.

There was an issue with gear shift specially while engaging reverse. It has been sorted out,culprit being less clutch play thats what service advisor told me.

They have changed the engine oil and added an additive along with it. The advisor told me it is Maruti recommended. It is BG RF-7.
http://www.bgprod.com/products/engineoil.html

I paid Rs. 480 for the engine oil(3.20), Rs. 425 for the additive. Total 1018/- including VAT.
Old 14th July 2007, 01:16   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
There was an issue with gear shift specially while engaging reverse. It has been sorted out,culprit being less clutch play thats what service advisor told me.

They have changed the engine oil and added an additive along with it. The advisor told me it is Maruti recommended. It is BG RF-7.
BG Products, Inc.

I paid Rs. 480 for the engine oil(3.20), Rs. 425 for the additive. Total 1018/- including VAT.

Does the lesser clutch play affects oly engaging reverse gear ?

Which engine oil did they put , my bill came at Rs 623 for only engine oil without any additives. And I wasn't recommended any additives. Which service station are you referring to ?
Old 14th July 2007, 09:16   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Does the lesser clutch play affects oly engaging reverse gear ?
Clutch play affects all the gears. In my case reverse was generally harder then the rest. reverse is smoother now after the adjustment and the general gear operation smoother then before.

I asked them about the engine oil and they told me that they use castrol.
I got my car serviced from Apra Automobiles in Gurgaon.

The advisor there told me that additive is so powerful, that even if there is no engine oil then also it will save the engine from damage.
Old 14th July 2007, 10:37   #635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Clutch play affects all the gears. In my case reverse was generally harder then the rest. reverse is smoother now after the adjustment and the general gear operation smoother then before.

I asked them about the engine oil and they told me that they use castrol.
I got my car serviced from Apra Automobiles in Gurgaon.

The advisor there told me that additive is so powerful, that even if there is no engine oil then also it will save the engine from damage.
A friend of mine was conned into paying for the same additive, even though he checked and saw that they had not put it. But it was charged on the bill. You also check it. Apra guys can be cheats !!
Old 14th July 2007, 11:55   #636
BHPian

Well there is no way to check now. Next time onwards will ask them to change oil and put additive in front of me.
Old 14th July 2007, 15:22   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think I believe in these 'coats your engine so that it would run even if all the oil drained out' additives.
Old 15th July 2007, 10:08   #638
Senior - BHPian

If additives were to replace engine oil then all car companies would have gone for additives rather than an engine oil. LOL
Old 16th July 2007, 10:47   #639
Team-BHP Support

1100 km added

yaaaawn another run to kerala and back, and beware all! road from Coimbatore to Trichur is BAD, actually... what road???

Huge pot holes diameter and depth wise, atleast 4 trucks i saw parked middle of the road in peak traffic due to damage done by the ruts. I had pumped up the air just a lil bit more since i was expecting full load on return trip, which actually saved my alloys and tyres.

Had a flying jump rally shtyle just before walayar. Last time (a month back) the road was pukka and patched up also, and never expected such a big broken patch, was doing around 100 kph as usual, and knew i couldnt stop, so braked till i was about to hit the patch, release brake abruptly so that the suspension is not loaded and is lifted (loads of travel ) and pray/fly over the patch.

Impact switched the wiper ON, tossed the bottle of water from the holder, stieble nautilus trumpet came off the pump, and is conked now!!! everything else fine. No wheel, suspension or other damages phew

Did 140 kph till krishnagiri, and then on usual 100-120 which dropped to 80 after i entered kerala, thing i was impressed is the handling (nimble and crisp) i was in video game mode throughout walayar > trichur and back section.

Ok again all the handling slightly suffers with full load, the rear bounces around in smooth rocking motion once you hit a dip, and kinda of gives fuzzy handling (need stiffer springs for loaded condition), but hey i really dont care coz i dont drive with load most often. But nevertheless careful when loaded, the change is there to notice.

Mileage with all this went down to 20 kpl, AC as usual 95%.

All this abuse and i didnt hear any new rattle yet, i feel that people pile on the build issue too much, yes the jingles are there, slightly annoying but now the car is holding up well, and yes am testing it to the best with my driving also.

Need to wash her and give her a coat of wax, this weekend maybe, and get a pair of roots horn (skoda thingie).

Kuttapa am sure you will have loads to share about the road once you get back
Old 16th July 2007, 11:17   #640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Need to wash her and give her a coat of wax, this weekend maybe, and get a pair of roots horn (skoda thingie).
JC road has the direct distributor/stockist for the roots. I dont know the shop name it's on the 1st floor. It's actually a warehouse for horns.

It costs like 350-400 bucks max.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:39   #641
Team-BHP Support

thanks vid any landmarks? is it near to the Junction (signal) which side of the road?
Old 16th July 2007, 11:47   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mileage with all this went down to 20 kpl, AC as usual 95%
Otherwise what used to be the mileage?
Old 16th July 2007, 11:52   #643
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks vid any landmarks? is it near to the Junction (signal) which side of the road?
go down JC road. take left to the car accessory shop lane then take the right to the other car accessory shop lane. the shop is on the right side a little ahead.

edit: i think this is the place but not sure.

Mr. Subhash Mittal, Mr.Ajay Mittal
M/s. Subhash Automobiles
36, 1st Floor, 2nd Cross, Journalist Colony
Bangalore - 560 002
(Ph: 080-22991294, 51247928, 51247750)
(Mobile: 098440-21972)

When you going? call me, I'll try to tag along if i get off from work early.

If you want the bosch octavia like one. Anwar has stock.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th July 2007 at 12:01.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:58   #644
Team-BHP Support

ill go mostly on weekend will get in touch then, thanks again

@ mobi: mileage used to hover around 22-23 for the same trip.
Old 16th July 2007, 12:04   #645
BHPian

Quote:
was doing around 100 kph as usual, and knew i couldnt stop, so braked till i was about to hit the patch, release brake abruptly so that the suspension is not loaded and is lifted (loads of travel ) and pray/fly over the patch.
How does this help ? Is this recommended when you encounter a speed braker which is too close to get over smoothly.

Quote:
get a pair of roots horn (skoda thingie).
What is root horn ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks